Where do you stand on players opting out of post-season games (with no injuries) to "prepare for the draft"?

Post-season opt outs (with no injury)

• Total voters
I remember Fulmer commenting several years ago after the Vols lost to a far less talented Nebraska team in a bowl, that it seemed like some of his players were playing for the name on their jerseys instead of for the jersey.
Remember the Peach Bowl in 2003 ? Lost to Clemson like 30-3 ?

Reactions: EasternVol
I would prefer that they don't set out, but you can't blame an early 20 year old who has a multi-million dollar paycheck floating in front of them that could be cut by ~80% should they badly injure themselves in a bowl game.

I don't completely agree because a NY6 bowl against a good opponent is still a big deal. If it were the Music City Bowl or maybe even the Outback Bowl I'd understand 100%.

its a big deal for the program but for individual players, they could really care less in most cases. They want to chase championships otherwise they detest having to have additional practices in December.

its a big deal for the program but for individual players, they could really care less in most cases. They want to chase championships otherwise they detest having to have additional practices in December.
How many schools and players will never be chasing a championship ?

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Should be a “Hate it but understand it and support the players decision” option.

I think it could be big deal for both. It depends on how proven the player is though. Also think it depends sometimes on culture and buy-in. Hope he doesn't but I'd understand Hyatt sitting but IMO Tillman would have a lot to gain from playing

Last edited:
How many fans have ever played major college football? Played in pain, barely been able to walk after a game, had medical attention or rehab after playing?

It’s laughable that some question the integrity of those that have given far more to the program than we ever have. Some of these kids can make life changing money bc of the sacrifices they’ve made for this program.

Let's not act like they are war heroes here. I wanted to play college sports, I just wasn't good enough. I think the overwhelming majority of high school athletes would kill to have the college experience these players got to have.

How many fans have ever played major college football? Played in pain, barely been able to walk after a game, had medical attention or rehab after playing?

It’s laughable that some question the integrity of those that have given far more to the program than we ever have. Some of these kids can make life changing money bc of the sacrifices they’ve made for this program.

That. There is an aspect of staying in the fox hole with your mates until the job is done, but everyone from schools to networks have made out well for years. Yes, players received education, room/board and professional training (for those with an NFL shot) but risking severe-crippling injury every time they suit up. They should have been given a piece long ago before NIL.

They already blew millions on a QB last year Maybe the Texas or Browns, losers that will never see the playoffs again
The Broncos are going to be on the market for another QB since it seems they gave up on Russell Wilson.

Kind of hard to have that attitude when the they brought it on themselves by under performing. I guess its different if they made the CFP, butbthats more selfish and not selfless.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back