Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
Grew up n played basketball in Franklin under the legendary Coach Fred Lane...I live in outside of Columbia Tn now ..Lions Country

Born Chattanooga moved to Tampa when I was 16 went same H.S. as the VFL The Great Steve Kiner... Hillsborough H.S. Same years as Dwight Doc Gooden Derek Bell and Vance Lovelace...Lived In Engelwood, Tn till September 2019...Moved to Squaw Lake,Mn. where we will spend our lives out...Minnesota Gophers had a great year and the Vikings SKOOOOL I really love both coaches... I will keep up with them both....BUT my love will always be Volunteers / Orange is in blood / checkerboard dreams and VFL!!!!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Colorado Springs, CO presently.
…..
Via Air Force I have lived in:
…..
Misawa, Japan
I was stationed in Misawa for a couple years back in the 80's; NAF Misawa. I was part of the crew that built up and ran Ripsaw Range. Best duty in my time in the Navy. I believe the AF runs it now. We spent a lot of time working with the 432nd Fighter Wing and JASDF.

Last edited:
I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: synthesizing results -- I'll update this if the percentages change significantly --

1. About 11% of us (65 of 588) actually live in the Knoxville area. So we're mostly not a Knoxville crowd. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. A bit less than two-thirds of us (356 of 588, 61%) currently live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually. We are a mobile society.

3. Among those of us who do live in state, we're split 15% west, 32% central, 53% east. That's interesting.

p.p.s. and SECOND EDIT:

You ask, I deliver :)

There are now options for Atlanta metro area, and outside the United States. Everyone who already put in a response should have the option to Change Vote (bottom right corner of the poll chart) if one of these new responses more accurately reflects your situation. Thanks for the suggestions, Ed and DG. :)
Nice post, '82. This cool participation amongst our little group of Volnationals is a clear testament to what a good idea you came up with.

This old Vol? Spent my 1st 9 years of processing oxygen in Clinton, then Kingston through 5th. grade & through high school, Knoxville on the UT campus 6 awesome years, then San Diego 4 years, Venice Beach then Hollywood the next 10 years, then fabulous Austin, TX for 13 years, and I've had my little ranch outside the metropolis (population 200) of Bethune, SC since '02. I'll be buried there...over my best old horse "Bo Knows Diddly"...right next to where my lovely wife will be buried over her horse "Alibi." This is home, but my heart's in Tennessee and my blood runs UT ORANGE forever.

'See y'all this fall in Neyland vs. UF.

Spent most of my life in Middle Tennessee/Nashville, left in my mid 40s except 4 years in the USAF. Lived and worked in LA from '96 thru 98. Then lived and worked in Saudi Arabia 98 thru 2000. Then back to LA/Vegas until 2013. From there to Georgia and holding for now.

Grew up in Washington County TN (Jonesboro now Jonesborough) parents moved to DC Area before sixth grade. Military Service took me to many places throughout the World. I now live in Palm Beach County Florida. I own property Greene County for retirement someday. I have always had Tennessee Orange blood pumping through my veins no matter where I was at the time.

VFL..GBO

Grew up in Bristol, live in Wilmington NC now!

Coastal Carolina is my second favorite place in the world after Tennessee. I mean, I've been in 40-something countries, lived in 5 or 6 of them, and 48 of the 50 states...and that is the 2nd-best spot of all I've seen.

On some days, I really envy you, brother.

Fredericksburg, Va-UTK grad. Didn't realize there were so many fellow Volnation posters in Richmond and Northern Virginia area. We should get together!

Reactions: bigorange
If it walks like a duck......

If its married to a Dawg, has kids that are Dawgs, has Dawg collectable coke bottles, has Dawg inlaws, mentions Athens, and wears red and black to a wedding....

Dont worry @hog88, you dont have to worry until you are on the list AND REPORTED

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back