Where’s Jalen Johnson?

iKrager

Whats going on with him? He seems like he’s in the dog house.. Even when he gets on the floor, all coach wants from him is to play D and shoot 3s.. I remember watching his highlights thinking he was going to be a great slasher (taking it to the hoop ;)).

He shoots the ball well, has a crazy wingspan, and seems like he’s a team player. I don’t get it. Has he not improved at all since he’s been here?

Admiral even tweeted saying we need more Jalen Johnson! (The tweet is deleted but read more here

He’s not good. / thread
I think he is straight garbage, im not one to talk about these players because obviously they would school me but when jalen is in the game i have yet to see good things happen. We make the tourney this year but lose in round of 32 is my bet. IDK who it was that compared bowden to hopson but it was spot on... they both dont have the killer instinct and i still dont see how we shot that bad. Embarrassing game and was more sad that barnes didnt get itm we can shoot and its been proven but dont know what i saw against memphis but the crowd did its best even though i would never leave when vitale was calling us out. Get behind your team or turn in your fan card ya weak ass

Not sure JJ has ever been given a " fair" Chance my CRB. Puts him in game and jerks him out after 30 seconds. He can't be any worse Than some of the players Barnes is playing

I get what your saying but I thought the same way in other player situations and then listen to post game. Bob or Bert will say Player X didn't see a lot of time today and Barnes will point out something they has emphasized and player X was just not executing his role. It's hard for me to tell not being at practice and not seeing the game like a veteran coach but I have said that about JJ and others last few years.

Not sure JJ has ever been given a " fair" Chance my CRB. Puts him in game and jerks him out after 30 seconds. He can't be any worse Than some of the players Barnes is playing
Barnes jerks you if you turn it over, commit stupid fouls, pass up wide open shots or take bad shots. Yes, lately that's everybody, but in normal circumstances those things get you hooked.
PS Add don't defend ( with a big exclamation point).

Last edited:
Barnes jerks you if you turn it over, commit stupid fouls, pass up wide open shots or take bad shots. Yes, lately that's everybody, but in normal circumstances those things get you hooked.

Pretty simple really. I get what '85 is trying to say but, based on what we have seen from CRB and his ability to develop players, JJ not getting a lot of leash at this stage of his career says all you need to know about the player (at least as of now, hope he can figure it out and flip the switch).

Pretty simple really. I get what '85 is trying to say but, based on what we have seen from CRB and his ability to develop players, JJ not getting a lot of leash at this stage of his career says all you need to know about the player (at least as of now, hope he can figure it out and flip the switch).
Strikes me as a guy that has given up on himself. So much talent in HS and virtually no effort when he hits the floor. Barnes talks sometimes about still having to coax Fulky out of the utility guy role into being a starter, so you know he has to be pleading with JJ to bring it.

I think Gaines is still learning what a foul is(this season). when he gets that down, he'll play more.

PS Add don't defend ( with a big exclamation point).
You earn his trust in practice, JJ not having Barnes trust tells me that he doesn’t bring it in practice.

Reactions: sport3500
You earn his trust in practice, JJ not having Barnes trust tells me that he doesn’t bring it in practice.
It is Jalen's fourth year. If he is not bringing in practice then he should have been gone a long time ago. If you are going to put him in, then let him play. If he makes a couple of mistakes then pull him for a minute so he settles down and then get him back in there. Kid is not a robot. This yanking people when they make a mistake or a bad shot is just not good coaching.

It is Jalen's fourth year. If he is not bringing in practice then he should have been gone a long time ago. If you are going to put him in, then let him play. If he makes a couple of mistakes then pull him for a minute so he settles down and then get him back in there. Kid is not a robot. This yanking people when they make a mistake or a bad shot is just not good coaching.
Yet it turned three unranked 3 stars into NBA Draft Picks, interesting...and if JJ wanted to finish his degree at UT and we had room why run him off, we’ve got the room?

Yet it turned three unranked 3 stars into NBA Draft Picks, interesting...and if JJ wanted to finish his degree at UT and we had room why run him off, we’ve got the room?
Tennessee has plenty room for a nonproductive player. Nobody can throw it in the ocean. So how is this going to work. Two good years and one sh**ty year. I don't think this team is going to make it to the NCAAs unless it starts playing better. He needs Jalen to play better. What happened last year don't mean squat.

Tennessee has plenty room for a nonproductive player. Nobody can throw it in the ocean. So how is this going to work. Two good years and one sh**ty year. I don't think this team is going to make it to the NCAAs unless it starts playing better. He needs Jalen to play better. What happened last year don't mean squat.
We have 4 players averaging double figures. Don't see anyone named Nobody on roster. Who you referring to?
PS Can't play much better on D.

Hav
I think he is straight garbage, im not one to talk about these players because obviously they would school me but when jalen is in the game i have yet to see good things happen. We make the tourney this year but lose in round of 32 is my bet. IDK who it was that compared bowden to hopson but it was spot on... they both dont have the killer instinct and i still dont see how we shot that bad. Embarrassing game and was more sad that barnes didnt get itm we can shoot and its been proven but dont know what i saw against memphis but the crowd did its best even though i would never leave when vitale was calling us out. Get behind your team or turn in your fan card ya weak ass
have you seen turner play this year with his 25% shooting on the year???

Reactions: amorange

VN Store

Back