When will you start to freak out?

madbamahater

We're about to start the first full week of Dr. Danny being at the helm.

How long do you think this search will last? What is a reasonable amount of time the search should last? When will it reach the point of unreasonable and ridiculous?

At what point do you start freaking out and thinking here we go again? Nobody wants the job, so a desperation hire is made...?

Is this where this thing is headed?

How long do you think this search will last? What is a reasonable amount of time the search should last? When will it reach the point of unreasonable and ridiculous?

At what point do you start freaking out and thinking here we go again? Nobody wants the job, so a desperation hire is made...?

I don’t know. Probably something will be announced this week.

Depends on the situation.

Over two months.

Never. I’ve come to expect the worst.

Is that question?

I don’t know and no one else here does either.

I will be surprised it we don’t have a coach announced by Wednesday... may be sooner (That wasn’t a hint... it won’t be Bob Stoops 😂) though!

I think we know by Wednesday at the latest. Just hope whoever it is can win and coach and recruit with the big boys, it takes more than catchphrases in this league. GBO!

I am way past freaking out over this. I fully expect everything to be well ordered, spit and polished. And suddenly? Somebody drives a tricked out, wildly colored Yugo right in front of the stadium, and 1000 clowns pouring out of it to screw it all to Hell screaming "cRocky Flop WOOOOOOOOO! Yeah. I know that sounds effing ridiculous. But it is no more ridiculous than what has come about over 15 years.

Now

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
I think the search should take no less than 1 week and should last no more than 2. 3 at the most.

Hopefully he's got a good list. And people worthy of this job have lives and are probably busy people. So to give him time to talk to everyone he is looking at and to do his homework on every candidate, he's going to need no less than a week minimum. If he can't get a hold of everyone within the first few days that's when you tack on an extra week or two. Making it 2 to 3 weeks.

That's the way I see it anyways. Have to allow time to get ahold of everyone and talk to everyone. But you don't want to rush it either. Really need to dig and evaluate the best we can.

I think a coach will be hired and announced before signing day. I look for an announcement by this coming Friday. Waiting until after signing day could be recruiting suicide. Regardless, none of us have any control over the situation so no need in allowing this coach hiring process to ruin our week. But like most I’ll keep my eyes and ears on the situation and hope to hear great news soon.

When the press releases Kevin Steele to be named head coach. Then I will have been convinced that either we are expecting major violations that no one will touch. Or we didnt offer enough money to the right people.

It doesn't do any good to freak out about something that is beyond my control. My personal freakometer was recalibrated when Dooley was selected.

I plan to be 100% supportive of Vol players always and to give the new coach a chance. I have to admit, though, my unwavering support over my lifetime has been tested to the nth degree. I'm prepared to give this coach latitude in length of time to to get things turned around as long as I see improvement, player development, and good on the field decisions.

As far as what I read on here yesterday, most Volfans have already freaked or at least positioned themselves to be dissatisfied with White's decision. Most every potential coaching prospect was identified and vilified in one way or another. It is one thing to critique and discuss, it is another thing to make an absolute comment about White's decision before it is made or about how the future coach will not succeed.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

VN Store

Back