When will OK and Texas officially join the SEC?

What year will OK and Texas (will never call them UT btw) officially join the SEC?

Votes: 12 3.2%

Votes: 179 47.2%

Votes: 49 12.9%

Votes: 82 21.6%

Votes: 57 15.0%

• Total voters
Agree to a point but when teens have never had money and/or good parents. I could see a night out and peer pressure with cash in the pocket could lead to bad headlines. Just takes a moment to make the lifetime blunder, we've seen it before with supposedly bare minimums $$ wise.

For sure.

Legit money can be put into a bank account, dirty money can’t. Since it is unethical to take the dirty money, it’s hard to expect the guys to act responsibly with their spending.

NIL means there is no need to corrupt these youngsters with dirty money.

They have to give 18 months official notice. That rules 2022 out.
Moneychangeseverythingcover.jpg

Not according to what they have both said already.
They are just saying things as a formality. Just picture a bunch of tiny little attorneys, sitting on shoulders, whispering in ears what needs to be said. Not necessarily the truth.

College football ain't dying, buddy. It continues to grow. Restructuring the league and conferences will have zero impact on that. Nor will NIL money-making.

Now, turning it into touch football to avoid injuries, that would be a different matter. But we're not talking about that right now.

People thought that in the mid 2000's about Nascar when it was always sell out crowds everywhere and new tracks being built. You don't see the start of the decline initially. It'll take 10-15 years with the benefit of hindsight to be able to point to something that caused it. Lots of people don't care for NIL, superconferences, an SEC with pod's or whatever. If in 2035 you're seeing Neyland and other SEC stadiums at half capacity there you go.

Now as far as touch football goes do you find it odd that athletes in several sports are just hanging it up in tournaments or the Olympics because they aren't mentally tough enough? And this is something they take pride in. Like kneeling during the national anthem. Bad is good and good is bad. When that kind of poison gets into college football lots of people will be tuning out.

Both Missouri and Texas A&M had to pay exit fees. Look it up.
I looked it up and you're right they did pay. But they settled for 12 million each. That's pretty far from the 75 million each for Oklahoma and Texas. Imo they'll wait until it's more clear on if the big 12 is gonna fold or not.

Not according to what they have both said already.

What they both said was their "official legal statement" because they cant just legally come right out and say they intend to breach contract before the conditions exist to breach said contract.

Basically you can ignore what they said just like when a head coach says he "has no plans on leaving team X to coach team Y. And then one week later he leaves for team Y.

I would be floored if they werent playing in the SEC next season. you dont just let news like this out and then have everyone standing around awkwardly looking at one another like nothing happened while you're whistling with your hands in your pockets for four years. LOL.

Reactions: krichunaka
South Carolina is 1-0 against Texas. Vanderbilt has a .708 (8-3-1) against Texas. No other SEC team has a winning record against the Longhorns.

Vanderbilt is like:

iu

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Next season I'd say, of course I'm not sure how many years was still on Missouri and A&M, I know they paid the buyout and was in SEC play the next season

It is being reported out in Texas that the remaining dollars ESPN owes on the LHN will be used to buy out the 2 school's GOR obligation. Interestingly enough the amount owed on the LHN is about the amount owed to the Big 12...$160M.

Reactions: krichunaka
It is being reported out in Texas that the remaining dollars ESPN owes on the LHN will be used to buy out the 2 school's GOR obligation. Interestingly enough the amount owed on the LHN is about the amount owed to the Big 12...$160M.

I didn't realize that the amounts were equivalent, but that is very interesting, especially with the BIG XII essentially saying that ESPN is attempting to intentionally interfere with their contractual relationships with the schools.

According to the BIG 12, ESPN is the mastermind behind the move. lol.

I think, now that the SEC has voted to allow them, OK & TX will negotiate with B12 to leave sooner (no pun intended). Perhaps 2022 or 2023.

It would be worth it to OK/uTa to pay a 50-80 million buyout fee. They can make that back in 2-3 years with increased revenues from new soon to be released SEC TV Deal.

Also it is better for the B12 to just rip the band aid off rather than have their 2 best teams dead men walking in the conference. That would be 3 extra years of shame for B12.

I think, now that the SEC has voted to allow them, OK & TX will negotiate with B12 to leave sooner (no pun intended). Perhaps 2022 or 2023.

It would be worth it to OK/uTa to pay a 50-80 million buyout fee. They can make that back in 2-3 years with increased revenues from new soon to be released SEC TV Deal.

Also it is better for the B12 to just rip the band aid off rather than have their 2 best teams dead men walking in the conference. That would be 3 extra years of shame for B12.

Like the uTa as well.

They are just saying things as a formality. Just picture a bunch of tiny little attorneys, sitting on shoulders, whispering in ears what needs to be said. Not necessarily the truth.
It’s not necessarily the truth any more than your claim that they’ll jump early.

What they both said was their "official legal statement" because they cant just legally come right out and say they intend to breach contract before the conditions exist to breach said contract.

Basically you can ignore what they said just like when a head coach says he "has no plans on leaving team X to coach team Y. And then one week later he leaves for team Y.

I would be floored if they werent playing in the SEC next season. you dont just let news like this out and then have everyone standing around awkwardly looking at one another like nothing happened while you're whistling with your hands in your pockets for four years. LOL.
To you it may seem that way. We honestly have no clue and everything is speculation. Make sure you let me know when that revised SEC schedule comes out for this year.

2025 is purely legal speak so they are not opening themselves up to lawsuits for breach of contract. It will be negotiated by expensive lawyers and they’ll be playing in the SEC next season.
That’s the most sound reply that anyone had to my comment. That I can get down with. Honestly it all boils down to whether they want to honor their word or not. We’ll learn much in the coming days.

VN Store

Back