What's the deal with Paul Harris?

Hey, do you have to be computer wiz to put those pictures and movies on your posts? If so, I ain't gonna be able to. Howdudodat?

Think about what we got coming in next year plus a QB that can play, big plans in the future for the big orange.

I am pretty sure most folks would give Nuttin some slack here..IF...every da** thread or post he made were not coach bashing-nitpicking. I also wish that we could/would use these monsters more, but it is kinda hard to get everybody plays, when your QB can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time, thereby having too many short drives or three and outs. IMO when we start having more sustained drives (which usually means having better third down conversion percentage) more guys are going to be getting opportunities. Especially considering the pace Butch wants to run at. They will be running WRs in a lot more. We have not been able to do that mostly because of bad throws AND critical drops on third down.

Yes, he's a freshman, but so are all the other WR's besides Pig Howard and Croom. He was also an EE, so he had all spring and summer to get acclimated to the playbook/offense.

I just cannot understand why we aren't trying to give Worley and now Dobbs big targets to throw to. It's extremely rare to have this much size at the position...and now that we do, we aren't even bothering to use it. :banghead2:

Not only do they have a much bigger catching radius than a smallish or average size receiver, but they ALL have proven ability to make circus/highpoint/jump ball catches = bailing the QB out of bad throws more often than smaller ones.

He was in one game and made a very, very tough catch....so, I find it hard to believe it's bad hands. Josh Smith has dropped more balls than anyone on the team, yet he gets more PT than Croom and Harris combined. WTF?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhYCJQEoDM[/youtube]

I was wondering the SAME thing about Croom a couple of weeks ago! I was hoping/am still hoping he becomes the "college Megatron". Havent seen that at all...why? Yeah, I know he's had some big catches, but I think he could dominate little DB's.

I was wondering the SAME thing about Croom a couple of weeks ago! I was hoping/am still hoping he becomes the "college Megatron". Havent seen that at all...why? Yeah, I know he's had some big catches, but I think he could dominate little DB's.

The closest thing on our roster to a "College Megatron" right now is Marquez North, and I wouldn't even think of making that comparison. I only give him the closest title on the team because he makes some really good catches and adjusts to the ball well.

Croom has the size and maybe the some jumping ability to an extent that Calvin Johnson has, but there is a huge gap in the speed and route running departments. Will he get faster and become a dominant receiver? Only time will tell. The same thing is true with Harris. There is a reason most really good offensive teams don't count on 1st and 2nd year players for the bulk of their wide receiver production. Ideally North would be our #2 or #3 receiver along with a couple of experienced Junior or Senior season players. Our roster just doesn't contain those players this year.

Reactions: 1 person
bowles must suck bad, the coaches don't say nothing about him and im not even sure if ive even seen him on the field. Kid was a 4 star coming out of HS and has produced nothing so far.

If I remember correctly Robert Meacham didn't have the greatest freshman season either. The kid will be a stud

And don't forget our QB play has been par at best this season. Maybe Dobbs can change this the last 4 games

We finally have some serious competition at the WR position and it's only going to get better every year.

That's exactly what we want and need at every position.

Teams like Bama, Oregon, ect have kids that can be starters 2 and 3 deep on their rosters and we're far from having great talent that deep on the roster...YET!

Coaches are teachers and players are, or should be, students of the game.

Those that learn the fastest, do things well and are consistant are the kids that will get more opportunities on the field on Gameday.

It's NOT the coaches...It's 100% totally on the players to learn and prove themselves ready for playing time on Gameday.

Some kids are slower learners than others and all the time we see players not really get it and have their breakout seasons until their Junior and even Senior years.

He's just a freshman and as he learns and proves himself he will get more opportunities in the game so lighten up and let the kid learn at his own pace.

His future is in his own hands just like every other player in the country.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I figured it out guys. If you watch Harris' film you can clearly see he played against midgets most of the time. The NCAA has mandated that no freshman who caught TDs against midgets their Sr. Year in High School can play as a freshman in college.

Seriously...just watch the film and it will all come into focus!

Going into this year it was well publicized that receiver was one of our greatest points of concern, since we lost nearly all of our production from last year. Azzani was highly concerned about their progress going into the season. Overall, I'm really impressed by their progress so far, but would not be surprised to see Lavon Pearson, Marquez North, Pig Howard and Josh Malone being our primary pass catchers next year and the other guys taking a back seat anyway. Superior talent and size will trump size alone.

Harris has played in the last 2 games. He cannot be redshirted this year. Anyone playing from the 6th game on cannot be redshirted

If he is advancing so slow, why throw away his redshirt to play like 5 plays in a couple of games?

If he is advancing so slow, why throw away his redshirt to play like 5 plays in a couple of games?

you lose the redshirt when you play a single play. He played in first 3 games. He could have ben redshirted after that if he didn't play anymore and had a season ending injury.

My guess is, he was showing enough potential to play early. He likely then hit a wall and struggled to continue to show that potential. He hasn't gotten and injury and now is showing back up at practice so getting chance again.

just guessing that is the process playing out.

If I remember correctly Robert Meacham didn't have the greatest freshman season either. The kid will be a stud

Meacham blew up his knee his freshman year and redshirted. Was still in recovery mode his redshirt freshmen year and getting over the knee.

ridiculous post, unless you are as physically gifted as say a North you are just going to be thrown out there to play pitch and catch. He has to learn the routes,blocking assignments and alignments all of which are important in a spread offense.

I am sure he will be fine in the long run.

His route running is not the best in this video and he appears that he could use an attitude adjustment.

VN Store

Back