What Will Lebron Have To Do??

I could actually see him going back to the Heat. He loves it in Miami and they have Whiteside, Dragic, Johnson, Winslow and enough cap room to grab another star (who is willing to take a pay cut) and a few role players in 2018.

Bump

The Jazz are desperate to retain Hayward and are expected to offer him a five-year, $175.4 million contract on July 1. If Hayward leaves the Jazz, he can get a four-year deal worth $130.3 million. It should be noted that Hayward will likely have a player option for the fourth season, should he leave the Jazz, which would allow him to return to free agency in 2020.

The three-year difference between staying with the Jazz and signing with another team is just $2.72 million over that time, which is nominal. That number would decrease if he signed with the Heat as there are no state taxes in Florida.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors...tral-could-gordon-hayward-leave-jazz-for-heat

He's had a really bad series, but overall I consider him underrated. I don't think they need him or want him to shoot. They basically have 4 shooters on the floor at all times. They need somebody to set screens and dive to the basket for layups and rebounds.

Too bad he can't handle a wide open pass. He's the worst offensive player I have ever seen.

I find Thompson a little bit overrated. He's one of the best rebounders in the league but he's been getting pushed around this whole series. They need a big man who can rebound and shoot. Similar to Anthony Davis.

How many people are similar to Davis?

Reactions: 2 people
Was he out of prime while playing baseball?

They are both athletic freaks in different ways. Jordan didn't save his body like Lebron has done and played in a more physical game. To me, that's a significant difference.

Are you high? He was peak power MJ when he retired. LeBron saved his body? How about the guy is a tank?

Reactions: 1 person
Are you high? He was peak power MJ when he retired. LeBron saved his body? How about the guy is a tank?

No
Yes, that was my point. MJ was peak when he left the first time.
How about both? He saves his body like most stars in the league today and is built like a tank.

No
Yes, that was my point. MJ was peak when he left the first time.
How about both? He saves his body like most stars in the league today and is built like a tank.

James guards 1-5 on a nightly basis. Consistently attacks the rim. He's not saving his body.

I watched as much NBA as anyone here dating back to the 90s. Yes, the game was more physical but this notion that it was too physical for current players is without merit. If you think a guy hand checking James or Durant or Curry would limit their offensive production, I believe you to be dead wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty good article:

James, at age 32, just ended this Finals run short of winning a fourth championship.

Now let's step back to 1995 for a moment. That year a 32-year-old Michael Jordan lost in the second round of the playoffs to the Orlando Magic, a team that eventually got roasted in the Finals by the Houston Rockets in a sweep. Jordan's attempt at winning his fourth title came up short -- well short, in fact.

Of course, the circumstances are different. Jordan took 18 months off after his first three title runs to play baseball. During that same span in James' career, he has been busy dragging two Cleveland teams into the Finals to be series underdogs.

Jordan got a pass for losing to the Magic because he came back midseason that year. But a case could be made he had an advantage because he had fresh legs. He certainly didn't come back expecting to lose in the playoffs; he came back to win the title that the Rockets walked away with.

When was the last time James got a pass for anything? Maybe for the 2015 Finals, when Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving were stripped away with injuries and the Cavs lost in six games to the Warriors.

James averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists in the 2015 Finals. He finished this year's with averages of 33.6 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists, becoming the first player to average a triple-double in the Finals.

This, after passing Jordan as the all-time leader in playoff scoring. Despite what critics may think, that is not the résumé of a loser.

James has been to the Finals eight times, six of those as the Vegas underdog. Give that poker hand to anyone else in NBA history and see how many come up with three titles. See how many more could've been so statistically dominant in defeat as James has been.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bron-james-legacy-intact-much-michael-jordans

Pull for Bama

19055286_1828171887201645_1243643196376161380_o.jpg

James guards 1-5 on a nightly basis. Consistently attacks the rim. He's not saving his body.

I watched as much NBA as anyone here dating back to the 90s. Yes, the game was more physical but this notion that it was too physical for current players is without merit. If you think a guy hand checking James or Durant or Curry would limit their offensive production, I believe you to be dead wrong.

He takes games off within the season like many in today's game. That wasn't a trend until recently and the basis of my comment. I don't fault him for it either. It will maximize his career earnings.

I never said any of that other stuff you typed.

He takes games off within the season like many in today's game. That wasn't a trend until recently and the basis of my comment. I don't fault him for it either. It will maximize his career earnings.

I never said any of that other stuff you typed.

Guess it was someone else talking about hand checking earlier.

I just can't see why he would join the Lakers in their current state, especially since Lakers fans have hated on him more than anybody. If they keep CP3, I'm thinking Clippers are more likely, now that they got Jerry West.

I just can't see why he would join the Lakers in their current state, especially since Lakers fans have hated on him more than anybody. If they keep CP3, I'm thinking Clippers are more likely, now that they got Jerry West.

That and then there is Lavar Ball looming

The Lakers don't have fans, Huff.

VN Store

Back