What the Other Guys are saying -- Mizzou version (and some post-game USCe, too)

FWIW, I thought SCjr was better than last year. The offense actually had a functional game plan and their defense has a few very good athletes, though maybe not enough to be top end of SEC as a group.

If anything I think they didn't go to Shi Smith enough. The way he gashed us I would have thrown it to him every single down until they made us put 3 guys on him.

The Mizzou fans aren't talking much about the upcoming game yet. Still rehashing how well they did losing to Bama. I'm not kidding, heh, they're over there taking some real positives out of that loss. (I don't know if they're justified in doing so; I didn't watch that game).

So I only found two threads of real interest over there--and by the way, they have the WORST-designed fan boards in the SEC. Painful to read, every time.

First thread was about the spread:

The other thread is about one of their QBs. Apparently the guy has a couple of really nice stat lines out of the Bama game. As the OP's fellow fans point out, though, it's a bit misleading:

And that's pretty much it for Mizzou. I don't blame them for not having many people on that board; it is butt ugly and hard to follow.

Here's the link in case you feel like torturing yourself, heh. Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: Football Board

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, a last look back at South Carolina's main board. More populated, more traffic, more variety to read. And heads-up, longer posts from some fans dissecting their performance and the direction of their program. Warning, it's mostly gloom--with a little humor thrown in:

It is reassuring to see that the Gamecocks have their Bearded, MWA, and IknoxvolsI fans, too:

Finally, have to be fair and acknowledge a few of them are reasonable folks and have a decent outlook on life:

Will check Mizzou's board out again in a couple of days, see if there's more about the upcoming weekend.

Go Vols!
Wow! Great write up!!

After reading this entirely, I’m stuck on the second to last Gamecocks comment, and I paraphrase, “...hopefully the cocks can grow” in the coming weeks...ya can’t help it...

FWIW, I thought SCjr was better than last year. The offense actually had a functional game plan and their defense has a few very good athletes, though maybe not enough to be top end of SEC as a group.

If anything I think they didn't go to Shi Smith enough. The way he gashed us I would have thrown it to him every single down until they made us put 3 guys on him.
About anything is better than the Falcons right now. I’m a long suffering fan. Is that Jessie Tuggle in your avi?

Reactions: JacketVol
Keep in mind people in Missouri know next to nothing about football. They are a baseball/basketball state, and not even a great basketball program anymore. The state lost their NFL franchise. They also lean heavily on that brief shining couple of years when Tennessee, Georgia and Florida all sucked and the toughest competition in the East was Spurrier and the Cocks. They dont realize how the world is actually supposed to work in the SEC.
And don't forget their favorable scheduling as well. They are also bragging about playing pretty well against Bama, but forgetting how badly Bama beats up the teams it plays. So much so that teams often have less of their stars available for whoever they play the next week.

Actually it is K-Mac's commitment announcement from the Opening. However JT is one of my all time favorite Falcons. DAN QUINN has to go!
Gotcha. Just saw the 58 so I wasn’t sure. Tuggle was a stud for sure. Quinn won’t last the season.

That Misery board is straight out of windows 95, Jesus H.

They keep it that way on purpose....it's the ultimate we won't stand for change Stance in the inter web history. It's a bit humorous in away. Us Mizzou fans have just gotten use to it and sort of like the old school look.

The Mizzou fans aren't talking much about the upcoming game yet. Still rehashing how well they did losing to Bama. I'm not kidding, heh, they're over there taking some real positives out of that loss. (I don't know if they're justified in doing so; I didn't watch that game).

So I only found two threads of real interest over there--and by the way, they have the WORST-designed fan boards in the SEC. Painful to read, every time.

First thread was about the spread:

The other thread is about one of their QBs. Apparently the guy has a couple of really nice stat lines out of the Bama game. As the OP's fellow fans point out, though, it's a bit misleading:

And that's pretty much it for Mizzou. I don't blame them for not having many people on that board; it is butt ugly and hard to follow.

Here's the link in case you feel like torturing yourself, heh. Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: Football Board

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, a last look back at South Carolina's main board. More populated, more traffic, more variety to read. And heads-up, longer posts from some fans dissecting their performance and the direction of their program. Warning, it's mostly gloom--with a little humor thrown in:

It is reassuring to see that the Gamecocks have their Bearded, MWA, and IknoxvolsI fans, too:

Finally, have to be fair and acknowledge a few of them are reasonable folks and have a decent outlook on life:

Will check Mizzou's board out again in a couple of days, see if there's more about the upcoming weekend.

Go Vols!
These are all comments/opinions that have littered UT boards for the last 15 years...we can't/shouldn't get "cocky"!

1) Missouri has been a better football program during the entire lifetime of today’s recruits.

2) Tennessee is essentially Nebraska-East. A team that was once good, but will never be “back”. At least Nebraska has realized what they are over the last few years

3) There’s no “order restored”. Tennessee will forever be a middle of the pack (or worse) football program. Fighting for the 3rd place finish in the East with Missouri, South Carolina, and Kentucky. It’s just the truth.

Best of luck Saturday. GO TIGERS!

1) Missouri has been a better football program during the entire lifetime of today’s recruits.

2) Tennessee is essentially Nebraska-East. A team that was once good, but will never be “back”. At least Nebraska has realized what they are over the last few years

3) There’s no “order restored”. Tennessee will forever be a middle of the pack (or worse) football program. Fighting for the 3rd place finish in the East with Missouri, South Carolina, and Kentucky. It’s just the truth.

You should take a college football history class my uninformed friend. We are significantly higher in every all-time category than Missouri, SC or Kentucky. College football is cyclical and we will return to the top sooner rather than later because of our history, brand and facilities. Who are you? Some conference jumper knock off brand.

You know, I try to like Mizzou. My mom grew up in Le May, just outside Saint Louis, before her family moved to Tennessee when she was a teenager. So we have a lot of distant family, great-aunts and great-uncles, and 2nd and 3rd cousins, still there. So I really try.

But Mizzou fans like you make it difficult.

I don't know if you knew this, but today's recruits were alive last fall when we whupped you. That was "part of their entire lifetime." So, you're already wrong just in your first sentence.

But even more than that, you seem to have a deep misunderstanding of what's going on with the Volunteers.

Sure, yes. We've been down. We've been down for a while now, for "the entire lifetime" of Mizzou's membership in the SEC. But we're not staying down. This is, in the lifetime of our storied program, a blip.

See, unlike Nebraska, who doesn't have enough talent in state or even in neighboring states to remain competitive after "losing their shine," the Vols are smack dab in the middle of a rich recruiting bed. Richest in the nation, in fact. Combine readily available top-tier recruits with deep, rich history of excellence, and you have a program that may fall asleep from time to time, as we have over the past decade, but is never dead. We're not gone, Mizzou fan, we're just waking up.

Finally, you seem to assume you'll be "fighting for 3rd place in the East" with USCe and Kentucky. Sit down, this is going to come hard: you're not as good as USCe or Kentucky. You might never be again.

It's okay. You had two good years, back among your first three in the conference. Let that sustain you through the cold, dark forever that yawns ahead of your program.

Oh, and welcome to VN.com, good to have you here!

Last edited:

LOL Dont you have some meth to cook?

Hey, mizzou takes great pride in their losses... even in bama took their foot off the gas in the second quarter or so...

You should take a college football history class my uninformed friend. We are significantly higher in every all-time category than Missouri, SC or Kentucky. College football is cyclical and we will return to the top sooner rather than later because of our history, brand and facilities. Who are you? Some conference jumper knock off brand.

Mizzou actually laughs at Tennessee. They think they’re Alabama, but they’re much closer to Vandy in the field. History? Ha! You realize it’s 2020 right? These kids don’t care about history. Brand? Yeah, it’s a laughingstock. Facilities? Every school in the SEC has great facilities, including Mizzou. Don’t worry, we’ll beat that ace into the ground again this Saturday and set you straight. Maybe next year. Congrats on being Nebraska-East.

Mizzou actually laughs at Tennessee. They think they’re Alabama, but they’re much closer to Vandy in the field. History? Ha! You realize it’s 2020 right? These kids don’t care about history. Brand? Yeah, it’s a laughingstock. Facilities? Every school in the SEC has great facilities, including Mizzou. Don’t worry, we’ll beat that ace into the ground again this Saturday and set you straight. Maybe next year. Congrats on being Nebraska-East.
Says the fan of a team that’s biggest claim to fame is having the first openly gay football player.. What the hell has Missouri accomplished?? Ever?

Do they laugh inside or outside of their safe spaces?

Well if we end up being mediocre.. That is better than being Missouri..

Congrats on the movie.

Attachments

• large_82I14HSRudHmxmCRbnUi1oLdltd.jpg
    large_82I14HSRudHmxmCRbnUi1oLdltd.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
Ne9zGoqCwMPSYxatDjO2OhqWjjsE-8-yTCzACbRXM6BQg45cthPyxpvoDolfsJWv3pSF-bZn

VN Store

Back