What other message boards are saying (Post Iowa Edition)

Well 16th ranked offense is a great offense. Did you notice a significant drop off from Milton to Nico?

Your scoring drives were very typical of how Iowa plays D. Keep everything in front. Limit big plays and force 8+ play drives. Believing a TO, or DKP (drive killing penalty) will stall the offense. Giving up 24 points to a great offense is a good effort. Yes it was 21 but could have been 28 who knows how last drive would have went.

Curious what defenses you would rank ahead of Iowas. UGA,Bama,Mich,OSU,PSU, Texas, TA&M 100%. Thinking Iowa can land top 15ish isn’t far fetched IMO. And if your top 15 your a great defense. Just like your top 15 offense is a great offense.
Oregon, Florida State, yes I know they got embarrassed against UGA, Florida, Missouri was pretty good this year, Clemson maybe. honestly our defense might be better. we blanked you with 3 new starters in the secondary, and with our second best DE in the transfer portal.

I don't think we lost too much production with Nico. really it was a trade off. Nico made much better, read quicker, decisions to run the ball. we need that aspect and that was something Milton didn't have. but by the same token I think Nico took some sacks that Milton wouldn't have. one thing that ALWAYS gets overlooked about our offense is that we are run first. we took over the game AFTER we established the run. it really opens up our offense and allows us to go fast. once we did that it wouldn't have mattered too much who was in there. look at our 3rd string QB moving the ball on your first string offense, run run run. One of our long TD drives were all runs too. Nico was also limited with our top two RBs opting out. Wright is better than Sampson as a runner and playmaker, and Small was sorely missed in pass protection. that would have also hurt Milton too.

both teams were also hurt by drops, especially early. TN would have benefited more if they had been completed. But Iowa is a lot weaker of an offense so even though it would have been for fewer yards it would have been more important for Iowa to complete those.

Well at least Iowa won their first bowl game against Nebraska.

Could have been 63-0 with our starters like Wright and Baron playing.
Don’t think we missed Baron IMO. Sampson averaged 6.7 a carry. Wright’s an excellent RB, but the drop off was minimal. Missed Small’s pass blocking talents.

Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.
They were shut out by every ranked team they played. Had no business being ranked that high nor winning their division. The problem with the system is not the number of teams in the playoffs....it is the weight of strength of schedule. If Iowa plays one decent out.of conference opponent, they would have been exposed and wouldn't be ranked.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!

They are just mad because they lost 😂 pretty sure they didn’t see this coming… Iowa: oUr defense is sUperIor… well guess what, ours is pretty good too lol.. and Iowa’s offense was just terrible 😂

I honestly think about 85% expected to lose a close game but not 35-0 with a merciful victory celebration away from 42-0.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Well 16th ranked offense is a great offense. Did you notice a significant drop off from Milton to Nico?

Your scoring drives were very typical of how Iowa plays D. Keep everything in front. Limit big plays and force 8+ play drives. Believing a TO, or DKP (drive killing penalty) will stall the offense. Giving up 24 points to a great offense is a good effort. Yes it was 21 but could have been 28 who knows how last drive would have went.

Curious what defenses you would rank ahead of Iowas. UGA,Bama,Mich,OSU,PSU, Texas, TA&M 100%. Thinking Iowa can land top 15ish isn’t far fetched IMO. And if your top 15 your a great defense. Just like your top 15 offense is a great offense.
Penn State’s top defense looked as good as Iowa’s…

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Iowa has some tradition--and had a very good year this year, especially given terrible their QB play and offense was. But with four
Pac12 teams coming into the now bloated Big10---including two/three good programs--Iowa could be a program that disappears
into the vast middle region of a conference that will have an utterly ridiculous 18 teams. The SEC will have an utterly ridiculous 16 teams.
On the flip side, it might be easier for Iowa get a few key west coast recruits.

Agree to disagree. Holding your offense to 21-28 points with an offense that went 5 plays or less on 8 drives and losing field position battle all game is a very nice showing.

The 5 other teams holding you under that were 1) top 25 defenses, 2) had much more capable offenses.

Is Iowa a top 10 defense absolutely not. Are they top 15ish I believe so.
It could’ve been 35 points for the offense if they punch it in at the end. 42 if Keyton keeps running on the deep shot.

Stoops is the best coach they’ve ever had and it’s not even close
Agreed. He’s still a B10 style coach, and they’ve reached their high-water mark with him. He’ll never build a championship competitive SEC program. His philosophy is at odds with hi-level success in this conference.

Coach Moose Bouldin , F.C.H.S, circa 1972 - paddle from a flyswatter template 3/4" thick with holes. Sweet sting, man
Lucky you. My grand uncle was the principal of my elementary school. He called his paddle “Big Lick”. Oak, 30 inches long , and 6 holes drilled in it. The mere thought of Big Lick smacking my backside kept me in check in school!🏫

With Iowa having great fan support and the Big Ten being the one conference that makes more TV $$$ than the SEC, why in the world have they not ponied up big bucks to bring in a coordinater who can run a competent offense?
Well that was the last game for Daddy Ferenz son at OC, so they will be getting a new one next year. I wonder what KF things about the Vols blur ball? He could be the first B1G team to implement it unless a left coast newcomer team does.

Reactions: UTwild82
My thoughts on the game as an Iowa fan.

About how I expected it to go. Earlier when I said stop the run we will struggle to score 10, the Qb can’t throw against air. I wasn’t kidding and I think you guys saw that on full display. From inaccuracy/ to not being able to read a defense, and just bad decision making all around. No team in their right mind can/should respect Iowa passing game, thus we see loaded boxes and on 3rd and long pass rushers teeing off.

Logical Iowa fans know the record was insanely over inflated, that being said I don’t think the programs are as far apart as score says I know that’s very laughable to Tennessee fans. A capable Qb makes this offense at least decent. Oline is average but capable. Rb’s are solid, TE’s will be great next year, definitely need one more explosive WR.

I think our D proved to be good. They gave up about 24. With an offense that goes 3 and out 50% of the time. With a decent offense 24 can keep you in every game. I didn’t see our defense just severely overwhelmed athletically.

As for Tennessee, I thought the G/C/G did a fabulous job, really controlled the interior. Tennessee running with that much success surprised me. Rb could just dance behind line wait for player to blow his run gap and hit the hole for good to great gains.

Nico looked fantastic Tennessee fans should be estatic. I see alot of Stroud in his game.

Zero problem with Tennessee trying to score late. It was backups/ Iowa had 80% of starters in. Tennessee players deserve those live reps for growth if program.

Wish the game was more entertaining, but Tennessee was far superior and it showed.
An Iowa fan with far more sense than some of our idiot fans.

Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!

Coping is hard.

Attachments

• copium.gif
    copium.gif
    637.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

VN Store

Back