What other message boards are saying (Post Iowa Edition)

Be honest how many good P5 programs would put up w avg 8 wins/yr for 25 years? Answer - zero. Iowa should be embarrassed they didn’t fire that boring boomer loser 15 years ago. No fan base in their right mind should put up with that level of mediocrity.
When you’re Iowa you’re gonna have 8 win seasons or worse with any coach. Cant recruit to Iowa. Who wants to play there?

Iowa has some tradition--and had a very good year this year, especially given terrible their QB play and offense was. But with four
Pac12 teams coming into the now bloated Big10---including two/three good programs--Iowa could be a program that disappears
into the vast middle region of a conference that will have an utterly ridiculous 18 teams. The SEC will have an utterly ridiculous 16 teams.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Well 16th ranked offense is a great offense. Did you notice a significant drop off from Milton to Nico?

Your scoring drives were very typical of how Iowa plays D. Keep everything in front. Limit big plays and force 8+ play drives. Believing a TO, or DKP (drive killing penalty) will stall the offense. Giving up 24 points to a great offense is a good effort. Yes it was 21 but could have been 28 who knows how last drive would have went.

Curious what defenses you would rank ahead of Iowas. UGA,Bama,Mich,OSU,PSU, Texas, TA&M 100%. Thinking Iowa can land top 15ish isn’t far fetched IMO. And if your top 15 your a great defense. Just like your top 15 offense is a great offense.

Well 16th ranked offense is a great offense. Did you notice a significant drop off from Milton to Nico?

Your scoring drives were very typical of how Iowa plays D. Keep everything in front. Limit big plays and force 8+ play drives. Believing a TO, or DKP (drive killing penalty) will stall the offense. Giving up 24 points to a great offense is a good effort. Yes it was 21 but could have been 28 who knows how last drive would have went.

Curious what defenses you would rank ahead of Iowas. UGA,Bama,Mich,OSU,PSU, Texas, TA&M 100%. Thinking Iowa can land top 15ish isn’t far fetched IMO. And if your top 15 your a great defense. Just like your top 15 offense is a great offense.
Kerk, I hate to break it to you, man.

And I'm a fan of Iowa. Think you guys and Nebraska are two of the best fan bases in college football. Huge respect for you.

But you don't have a top 25 defense. In SEC terms, you're very middle-of-the-pack. You're at roughly the level of Kentucky, or South Carolina, or A&M.

I don't mean to insult you. I like you guys. But you're not nearly as good as folks talked you up to be all year. You only looked that way because most of the teams you played had truly anemic offenses.

Sorry, man.

Go Vols!

Ever since the matchup was announced I saw an exaggerated amount of smack talk from Iowa fans.. I kept wondering how they thought they were gonna score points when they haven’t all season..

A tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

At that point, they were gassed by our tempo the whole game is my guess. They mowed over our O line multiple times in this game.

Woodshed and paddle with holes drilled in it are this way Iowa. That’s right, someone tell them please it’s not 1929 anymore

Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!
LOL. UT could have scored on that last drive and didn't run another play. The back ups practice and deserve their chance to run real plays... not be a punching bag for a team that's not good enough to compete.

I'm not sure how they believe firing Ferentz would fix what's wrong for them. If anything, he gets better players to Iowa than they would get with a different coach. Life is about to get a lot harder for them though. Adding Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Washington essentially puts 4 automatic losses on their schedule.

Extra reps and not scoring when you can so classless lmao
They are just mad because they lost 😂 pretty sure they didn’t see this coming… Iowa: oUr defense is sUperIor… well guess what, ours is pretty good too lol.. and Iowa’s offense was just terrible 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Kerk, I hate to break it to you, man.

And I'm a fan of Iowa. Think you guys and Nebraska are two of the best fan bases in college football. Huge respect for you.

But you don't have a top 25 defense. In SEC terms, you're very middle-of-the-pack. You're at roughly the level of Kentucky, or South Carolina, or A&M.

I don't mean to insult you. I like you guys. But you're not nearly as good as folks talked you up to be all year. You only looked that way because most of the teams you played had truly anemic offenses.

Sorry, man.

Go Vols!
Agree to disagree. Holding your offense to 21-28 points with an offense that went 5 plays or less on 8 drives and losing field position battle all game is a very nice showing.

The 5 other teams holding you under that were 1) top 25 defenses, 2) had much more capable offenses.

Is Iowa a top 10 defense absolutely not. Are they top 15ish I believe so.

Agree to disagree. Holding your offense to 21-28 points with an offense that went 5 plays or less on 8 drives and losing field position battle all game is a very nice showing.

The 5 other teams holding you under that were 1) top 25 defenses, 2) had much more capable offenses.

Is Iowa a top 10 defense absolutely not. Are they top 15ish I believe so.
Our offense was garbage this year honestly. We have cried about it all year. Last years offense would have lit this defense up for 50+ with no help from turnovers and I am confident in that statement.

LOL. UT could have scored on that last drive and didn't run another play. The back ups practice and deserve their chance to run real plays... not be a punching bag for a team that's not good enough to compete.

I'm not sure how they believe firing Ferentz would fix what's wrong for them. If anything, he gets better players to Iowa than they would get with a different coach. Life is about to get a lot harder for them though. Adding Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Washington essentially puts 4 automatic losses on their schedule.

I don’t know, I have been trying to put myself in an Iowa fans shoes. The one thing I can’t get past in that scenario is how on earth do you game plan for this matchup and NOT start the QB that has some mobility against us? The Statue of Pork made our defense look world-class and we all know that is a stretch. And he rode with him until the game was so far out of reach (to be fair, 7-0 was out of reach).

I don’t think you can excuse that call. Given that the B1G is changing next year and bringing in teams that are going to far surpass the Iowas of the world, I don’t think you can sit back and hope KF magically discovers an offense. They are going to get buried and left in the dust - and that’s sad, because they (generally) have a passionate and classy fan base.

VN Store

Back