What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

This is why a fan base as bad as Vandy can stop by, read this garbage and laugh louder at us. We're the laughing stock of the SEC. Elitest attitude, led by inbreds. If you didn't play, get a degree, or coach here then you don't belong here. Then fans have the nerve to say which of those who did play, got a degree, or coached here should be AD or HC. Better yet why they aren't qualified. You want to know why no one wanted to coach here and we settled on Pruitt? Pruitt, a DC from Bama. We'll never have a good coach who knows how to win and has a proven track record. Then someone who actually would love to coach here, the fans would run them off. You could offer Urban, Jumbo or Dabo 15M a year and they wouldn't take it the job from this incestuous minded school. Football here will never be great again.
Wait so only people who played, coached, or graduated from UT belong here? Talk about an elitist attitude. What about those of us who grew up diehard UT fans but had the opportunity to attend much better academic institutions for college?

If that's the case you should definitely keep crying about it, keep the charade up with all the rumors and keep up the childish behavior we continue to see on social media, I'm sure that's all having a positive effect on the program.
I’m sure 99% of the players and coaches don’t give a rats a$$ what you or I or anyone else on here thinks, so I doubt it has ANY effect on the program. I’m also sure all that I’m “crying “ about has a definite negative effect and I’m sure that if we all just shut up pretend everything is fine like you and we’ll be competitive next year won’t have a damn bit of positive effect.

You have a really bad habit of playing your "I'm morally superior" card when people challenge you on things. You blame disagreement with YOU on someone else being a "bad fan". The reality is that you close your eyes to unpleasant things that you don't want to see. You did it for months here RE JG.

The "dumpster" part of the fanbase are those who continue in denial.

I have always liked Pruitt and still do. As a coach and teacher of the game, I think he's very good. But it takes much more than that to be a good much less great HC. In three years, he hasn't shown anything more than he's a very good DC in over his head as a HC.

Part of being a good HC is managing the AD relationship. Fulmer may rightly be frustrated with what Pruitt is doing AND getting more deeply involved than he should. He did it as a HC with Sanders and Clawson... but not with Cut. Cut managed that relationship and UT was successful because of it. Fulmer is "loyal" to a fault. His solution to an underperforming subordinate appears to be micromanaging them rather than holding them accountable or firing them. That's not a new thing with him.
Lol, you're a real piece of work. I make 2 posts on this thread, one simply calling the fact less thread as being BS and the other stating simply that we weren't the dumpster fire the NegaVols continue to claim us to be. You somehow try to make it a moral issue which is another one of your advanced trolling skills when it was simply a statement that a faction of our fanbase, a faction you're a part of, has become unhinged. I don't run from anything or anyone unless they have a gun pointed at me, me choosing to not debate the woulda shoulda coulda crowd you're a part of would be a stupid waste of time as I'm sure your trolling self is aware.

If that’s the case he still is a sorry excuse for a HC.
He’s the HC, an if any HC let’s anyone else dictate who he plays then he’s not fit for the job.
Worse case , higher ups fire him for not letting them dictate what he does. He walks away with 12 million.
All UT coaches are hired to be fired.
Taking orders from above is part of the job description. Agreed to before the first contract is inked.
This did not start with Pruitt.
Nor will it end when he is fired.
Your opinion on if a coach is fit for the job matters no more than mine.
The people that pay the salaries and buyouts of the AD and HC have the only opinions that count.

Reactions: GVol1966
This is why a fan base as bad as Vandy can stop by, read this garbage and laugh louder at us. We're the laughing stock of the SEC. Elitest attitude, led by inbreds. If you didn't play, get a degree, or coach here then you don't belong here. Then fans have the nerve to say which of those who did play, got a degree, or coached here should be AD or HC. Better yet why they aren't qualified. You want to know why no one wanted to coach here and we settled on Pruitt? Pruitt, a DC from Bama. We'll never have a good coach who knows how to win and has a proven track record. Then someone who actually would love to coach here, the fans would run them off. You could offer Urban, Jumbo or Dabo 15M a year and they wouldn't take it the job from this incestuous minded school. Football here will never be great again.
But YOU’LL be here. 😏

Reactions: onevol74
That was fact.

Was it? Fulmer allowed OL flipping positions for most of the season? Kinda seemed outside his comfort zone.

From outside looking in Fulmer didnt “meddle” enough until the last few games when we became a run fist and often team.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.
I had a friend growing up who always told us his mom's Astro van would run 200 mph

But “we’ll never be good again”? I’m sticking around because I’ll never believe that...you?

Not with the mindset that many of our fans have. We are our worst enemies and a fool out of ourselves. Until we change and change our Administration, well never be good. That's fact.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
Methinks thou protests too much

I don’t think he’s qualified to be a head coach at this point, but I don’t know why people seem to hate Tee. The whole “I’ll be done cheering for UT if Tee is coach” thing is ridiculous. You’re still cheering for the team while it’s coached by an incompetent Bammer but you’ll be done if it’s coached by a potentially incompetent national championship winning UT quarterback? Weird
Nobody hates Tee...Hell We love the guy...He gave us some of the best moments of Tennessee football ever...However saying he is not a good coach is not hating him its just stating the facts...some people are better players than coaches...Can he get better absolutely but right now I am not sold on his coaching ability...He is certainly not qualified to be a head coach at a major university.

See DeerPark's post. If you believe that mess, its because you just have hate in your heart for Tee. Tee has mentioned nothing about uprooting or setting himself up foe the position.
He's a mid-level athletic department employee that's whiffed on uniform, inside intel just as often as he's hit.

A close college friend of mine in the AD and never shares anything, but told me when Pruitt was hired he was less than popular right out of the gate and has mentioned dysfunction since Pruitt arrived.

You can choose to believe what you want and tell me I have "hate in my heart", but you don't know sh*t just like anyone else.

Methinks thou protests too much

I haven't never protested. But, I recognize the fans Administration is inept, and our fan base feels they are on par with Bama, Oklahoma, and ND because the General won some games 80 yrs ago. We're irrelevant now, and have been for over 16 yrs.

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

Pruitt doesn't like micromanagement by Fulmer

Pruitt's mirco management if Chaney and the offense big deal.

Seems a little hypocritical and full of crap.

VN Store

Back