What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

volmandu

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

1, 4, 5 and 9 are laughably false.

I haven't heard anything like 6, but Tee knows if Pruitt gets fired, he's not sniffing the HC job.

The name is spelled Niedermeyer.

🤔🤔🤔 You mind explaining your credibility. Thats alot of pinpointed explanations. I am not saying you are wrong. But what exactly is your tie to reporters etc.... You can be vague if you want. It is we hear on here the "I heard" and forgive us that we dont always jump on board with that information. Just cautiously trying to decipher what is legitimate information and what is more and more of just Beaver style baseless rumors.

If local reporters know all about this, than it is their moral obligation to spill the beans to the public.

Reactions: Kinglberry
Actually it’s not Sal. It has gotten this bad. UT is at rock bottom. And that is no sky is falling. It’s reality.
Agree. We are done at this point. 100,000 seat stadium, fans who adore the program, and an AD who hasn’t a clue. Tennessee football is dead if Fulmer stays

Actually it’s not Sal. It has gotten this bad. UT is at rock bottom. And that is no sky is falling. It’s reality.
Nah. This forum just has a massive number of drama queens that invent situations and insiders faster than they can be dispelled. How anyone falls for it at this point is comical. Hen house.

1, 4, 5 and 9 are laughably false.

I haven't heard anything like 6, but Tee knows if Pruitt gets fired, he's not sniffing the HC job.

The name is spelled Niedermeyer.
No’s 1 and 4 has been reported by others here , some who claim that have some type of connection to someone close to the program. No 9 does not surprise me a bit. The performance on the field and attitude on the sideline indicates something is wrong with the mental make-up of this team. Even one of the sideline reporters in a recent game remarked how dead and unenthusiastic the UT players were.

Edit: sorry Deerpark, I usually accept what you have provided here but had to add my own opinion on some points here.

One more edit: Do you disagree with points 2,3,7 and 8?

Last edited:
It kills me that people on here sees what hiring these dollar tree coaches has done to Tenn and then they yell for Tee to be the HC and he has done nothing to deserve an interview for the job. If Tee had came from any other school , not 1 person would be yelling for him to be a HC.

Ma

Makes sense to me. Especially the part about Fulmer. Same song, third verse, after similar dysfunction during both the Jones and Dooley tenures. Did not start with Kiffin, just because he was not here long enough. This program needs an enema.

Nah. This forum just has a massive number of drama queens that invent situations and insiders faster than they can be dispelled. How anyone falls for it at this point is comical. Hen house.
Lol, think what you will. I don’t say it unless I’ve heard it from reliable people. What OP said you s not fiction. If you can’t realistically look back on the season and the happenings of it, and put things together, then that’s on you.

VN Store

Back