What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

Want to believe this, because it make me feel more justified wanting change. It's just that before kicking going nuts up a notch, we need legit sources from two witnesses inside the program or legit reporters who have inside access. Can't act on unverified rumors alone.

Ma

Makes sense to me. Especially the part about Fulmer. Same song, third verse, after similar dysfunction during both the Jones and Dooley tenures. Did not start with Kiffin, just because he was not here long enough. This program needs an enema.
It kinda makes sense. I remember Fulmer being on the field helping coach the offensive line early in Pruitt's tenure. Seems like he was told he couldn't have anything to do with on field coaching, so he may very well could be mingling in the mess.

Reactions: davethevol
I'd say IF Fulmer is meddling, there'd probably be less of it if there were more W's. Most of the coaches on staff have pretty good resumes, but if the collective group, including AD don't get their stuff together, they'll all be taking up residence somewhere else come next year. Can't believe that's what any of them want. Maybe Chancellor meeting w/ staff like on Absence of Malice scene...

Both were put in their high paying positions for only one reason, they do as told.
The problem with Vol football goes much higher than HC and AD.
There is a reason both have not been fired yet for incompetence.
He who sets on the Golden Throne above the High Table of Tennessee football makes all the decisions. Everyone blames CJP for sticking with JG at QB for so long. I cannot believe that would have been the case had it not been decreed from on high. If a HC has his starting QB picked out for him by others, the program will never improve. This meddling has gone on at UT for a long time.
If that’s the case he still is a sorry excuse for a HC.
He’s the HC, an if any HC let’s anyone else dictate who he plays then he’s not fit for the job.
Worse case , higher ups fire him for not letting them dictate what he does. He walks away with 12 million.

Then what’s your scoop?
I don’t know what of this is fact, speculation or flat out false but I suspect some of it is fact.
So if you call BS on all of this then you must think you know something? What’s your explanation of this dumpster fire? You do agree it’s an absolute disaster don’t you?
I agree that a certain faction of our fanbase is an absolute disaster, we're nowhere near the dumpster fire these no nothings continue to claim. Just because you believe some of this BS doesn't make it so.

I call BS on all of it.
All? You have some means of disproving the claims... or is it just something else you don't wish to believe?

Some of it doesn't sound exactly right. Some is pretty reasonable considering the mess they produce on the field and the lack of excitement from the players. They act and play like a divided team.

Pruitt doesn't seem like a politician so it should not surprise anyone that "office politics" would hurt him once things went bad.

PS- I'm pretty sure Pruitt would love to take his buyout and leave right now. But that's not a good deal for UT. If they have someone better lined up then they should offer him what he would have gotten without the extension and see if he bites. HOWEVER... UT needs to STOP firing guys without having someone better lined up. That's part of why the Jones hire failed and this one appears to be failing. Hiring another Jones or Dooley would not fix what's wrong.

I agree that a certain faction of our fanbase is an absolute disaster, we're nowhere near the dumpster fire these no nothings continue to claim. Just because you believe some of this BS doesn't make it so.
This BS as you call it , posted on here doesn’t make me think anything.
3 wins, total coaching turnover in 3 years ( 1 original coach remains?) better players than 2 years ago but same results, bad product on the field is the norm, rampant rumors from the media and nothing from AD to put them to rest. I could go on but I’m tired of typing!
So I agree a certain faction of our fan base is a disaster, the ones claiming a 3 win team is nowhere near a dumpster fire!

This is why a fan base as bad as Vandy can stop by, read this garbage and laugh louder at us. We're the laughing stock of the SEC. Elitest attitude, led by inbreds. If you didn't play, get a degree, or coach here then you don't belong here. Then fans have the nerve to say which of those who did play, got a degree, or coached here should be AD or HC. Better yet why they aren't qualified. You want to know why no one wanted to coach here and we settled on Pruitt? Pruitt, a DC from Bama. We'll never have a good coach who knows how to win and has a proven track record. Then someone who actually would love to coach here, the fans would run them off. You could offer Urban, Jumbo or Dabo 15M a year and they wouldn't take it the job from this incestuous minded school. Football here will never be great again.

I agree that a certain faction of our fanbase is an absolute disaster, .
You have a really bad habit of playing your "I'm morally superior" card when people challenge you on things. You blame disagreement with YOU on someone else being a "bad fan". The reality is that you close your eyes to unpleasant things that you don't want to see. You did it for months here RE JG.

The "dumpster" part of the fanbase are those who continue in denial.

I have always liked Pruitt and still do. As a coach and teacher of the game, I think he's very good. But it takes much more than that to be a good much less great HC. In three years, he hasn't shown anything more than he's a very good DC in over his head as a HC.

Part of being a good HC is managing the AD relationship. Fulmer may rightly be frustrated with what Pruitt is doing AND getting more deeply involved than he should. He did it as a HC with Sanders and Clawson... but not with Cut. Cut managed that relationship and UT was successful because of it. Fulmer is "loyal" to a fault. His solution to an underperforming subordinate appears to be micromanaging them rather than holding them accountable or firing them. That's not a new thing with him.

This BS as you call it , posted on here doesn’t make me think anything.
3 wins, total coaching turnover in 3 years ( 1 original coach remains?) better players than 2 years ago but same results, bad product on the field is the norm, rampant rumors from the media and nothing from AD to put them to rest. I could go on but I’m tired of typing!
So I agree a certain faction of our fan base is a disaster, the ones claiming a 3 win team is nowhere near a dumpster fire!
If that's the case you should definitely keep crying about it, keep the charade up with all the rumors and keep up the childish behavior we continue to see on social media, I'm sure that's all having a positive effect on the program.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
This is why a fan base as bad as Vandy can stop by, read this garbage and laugh louder at us. We're the laughing stock of the SEC. Elitest attitude, led by inbreds. If you didn't play, get a degree, or coach here then you don't belong here. Then fans have the nerve to say which of those who did play, got a degree, or coached here should be AD or HC. Better yet why they aren't qualified. You want to know why no one wanted to coach here and we settled on Pruitt? Pruitt, a DC from Bama. We'll never have a good coach who knows how to win and has a proven track record. Then someone who actually would love to coach here, the fans would run them off. You could offer Urban, Jumbo or Dabo 15M a year and they wouldn't take it the job from this incestuous minded school. Football here will never be great again.

Then delete your VN account and stop lecturing and insulting everyone who calls themselves a fan. No one will miss you

You don't remember the Bama fanbase before Saban? The UF fanbase just about any time things don't go as well as expected? UT is being laughed at because we have a program with all the facilities and finances and diehard fan support to play among the elites.... and keep hiring these kinds of coaches.

I have a degree. Not from UT. Not "inbred" by any stretch. I didn't play nor have I coached college football at UT or elsewhere. I've been a fan for about 30 years. I'm not even from Tennessee. If that disqualifies me from being a fan or stating an opinion according to you... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

This. I don't know if the Harsin hire at Auburn will pan out, but word is that they battled to break away from the "good ol' boy" influence on the program and made a hire outside "the family."

The SEC has a strong tradition of hiring coaches that are "coached up" in the SEC. It's worked well..... and not so well.

Sadly, open minds are hard to come by in Knoxville.

Then delete your VN account and stop lecturing and insulting everyone who calls themselves a fan. No one will miss you

Why cause can post an opinion of our current state like you? Or because my view is different than yours? If your content with our state of affairs maybe you should delete yours.

Unless someone is willing to quote someone directly about all this ...someone who would actually know...please don’t post that stuff!. Every bit of that stuff sounds utterly ridiculous!!!

VN Store

Back