What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

Exactly what I’ve been hearing from people the last week. And the guys I talk to tend to know. Unbelievable the mess and little wonder we were 3-7. I had no idea it had gotten this bad but I checked out honestly early in the season.
Can’t corroborate everything but from the folks that give large sums of money, not the top donors but the $200-500k level the majority of the op is spot on When it comes to Fulmer. Kills me and those donors I’m speaking of to say that, we are all loyal to him but he is effing this thing up...They need to find a way to rid themselves of both Pruitt and Fulmer. The Fulmer thing will be very touchy but he is gonna kill the program maybe out of his love for it.

Reactions: Malivol
If there were anything remotely true about all this, you wouldn't be reading it on a message board. This type of information gets leaked to reporters way before message board wannabe insiders.

My experience is that you don’t hear about stuff like this until after staff is gone.

Typical “if you leak this information, I will never give you information again” type stuff

1, 4, 5 and 9 are laughably false.

I haven't heard anything like 6, but Tee knows if Pruitt gets fired, he's not sniffing the HC job.

The name is spelled Niedermeyer.
The part in 4 about Pruitt meddling in the offense sounds true to me. Haven't heard anything like the others. Pruitt needs to washi his hands of the offense and let Chaney be Chaney complete with picking the QB.

It kills me that people on here sees what hiring these dollar tree coaches has done to Tenn and then they yell for Tee to be the HC and he has done nothing to deserve an interview for the job. If Tee had came from any other school , not 1 person would be yelling for him to be a HC.

Who exactly on here is yelling for Tee to be HC at UT? I’ve read nothing but the total opposite.

Exactly what I’ve been hearing from people the last week. And the guys I talk to tend to know. Unbelievable the mess and little wonder we were 3-7. I had no idea it had gotten this bad but I checked out honestly early in the season.

I have an idea, it starts with Phil Fulmer ...

Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.

Respectfully, if this is truly the case (and I don't doubt it at all, see: Alvarez, Barry), then why wasn't the most vaunted O-line on The Hill since the 90s any better than it was?

Who exactly on here is yelling for Tee to be HC at UT? I’ve read nothing but the total opposite.
There are a few wishy washy saps on here who would support it, if it were to happen. Of course, we would all be back on here in three years calling for his head.

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

I have heard a lot of the same stuff going on with these two items.

I LOVE JOAN!

giphy.gif
Built like a brick sh^thouse!

I have no clue if this information is true or not. My thing is the bottom line. Fulmer was put in charge of the program, hired his coach, and set the standard that he would be judged on his performance against the top three, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. We are no where near competitive with those programs. In fact, you could call us Vanderbilt with facilities and resources. 36 months in and the program is a total failure. There is no effort or plan to fix it. Essentially Fulmer and his plan are a failure with no plan to fix it.

That is where the buck stops. If Fulmer can’t do his job then we need to replace him with someone who can.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.
Great, more fan fiction

1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
BS! That's all.

Before Posting --- Please Verify with Sidney Powell.

I call BS on all of it.
Then what’s your scoop?
I don’t know what of this is fact, speculation or flat out false but I suspect some of it is fact.
So if you call BS on all of this then you must think you know something? What’s your explanation of this dumpster fire? You do agree it’s an absolute disaster don’t you?

VN Store

Back