What happens to our coaches if we lose our next game against Florida?

And that’s fine but Pruitt isn’t getting fired this year no matter how bad you or me or anyone else wants it

Fans shouldn’t go to games nor buy any merchandise. Stop supporting this sh*t show that’s being put on the field by Pruitt where they’re forced to make a change.

Reactions: Megatron88
So it looks like Mel Tucker just took down a top ten team. Wonder if this guy was available in 2017 when Fulmer was searching for finalists?

Tucker is a good coach, but Kentucky would have beat Northwestern by 2 tds if they played. Not a very talented team.

With Pruitt and Fulmer both getting extensions, it's not going to happen this year. Fulmer will never fire Pruitt. He's emotionally invested in giving Pruitt the time he didn't get to 'right the ship'; it's exactly why he extended his 6-year contract to an 8-year contract prior to him even finishing his 3rd season.

I remain optimistic for the opposite. You just can't continue to lose and stay the coach at The University of Tennessee. Butch went 18-8 and then went 4-8 and was canned. So over the last 3 years he was

22-16

Pruitt after his 3rd year will be
15-22....

22-16 vs 15 -22.

5th year Butch (4-8)
3rd year Pruitt (2-8)

I'm confident he's as good as gone.

The Florida game should be our measuring stick however our boosters, athletic department and university administration are more concerned about keeping up with UK and Vandy. Welcome to Vols 2020, when we hope to compete with UK and Vandy and don’t even look at UF, UGA or Bama. We are a bottom tier football school. Suck it up and buy your tickets and $1500 of Power T gear sheep.
That is where we are.
Did not start in 2020.
Will not end any time soon.

Reactions: VolinMC
I remain optimistic for the opposite. You just can't continue to lose and stay the coach at The University of Tennessee. Butch went 18-8 and then went 4-8 and was canned. So over the last 3 years he was

22-16

Pruitt after his 3rd year will be
15-22....

22-16 vs 15 -22.

5th year Butch (4-8)
3rd year Pruitt (2-8)

I'm confident he's as good as gone.

Hope is a wonderful thing.

Costing UT an extra 5 million on a coach like Pruitt will cost Fulmer his job.

He'll get next season to see if his moronic gamble pays off, and when it doesn't he'll be thanked for his service to the university, and a new AD will be hired.
Greg Schiano for AD

The only 2 questions are - Does JG start againnnnnn, and "do we get beat by 20+ or 30+" when it comes to Florida.

Do the VN posters realize that Fla. and A&M are both playing for NC? How can they be in their right mind by suggesting we have a good chance to beat either?

Look at it this way. Instead of being boring the Vandy, Kentucky, SCar type games are interesting and the Bama, Florida games have become the boring games. That is a 180 from the past.

VN Store

Back