What happens to our coaches if we lose our next game against Florida?

Nothing. nothing will happen Pruitt is here thru 2022 at least sadly then we let all the good available hires get away like Freeze and others and we hire another bum who has to learn on the job and then we fire him in 2026 then it’s rinse and repeat the rest of the decade with bad coaching hires the cycle of losing and incompetence and embarrassment never ends. The UT administration doesn’t care about winning football or trying to compete in the SEC anymore as long as the money and revenue keeps flowing in us fans have a choice though we can stay away and not buy the season ticket packages and waste our time on Saturday’s going to Neyland to see a trash product continue to embarrass this once proud football program. Demand change at all costs
It just occurred to me that there are a lot of threads about the administration and big money boosters who don't care if Tennessee is competitive or not. I find that hard to believe, simply because the football program is the cash cow for the university, and the deep pocket boosters most certainly want a return on there investment. They keep making big donations even when the product isn't showing a return on investment. I would think they would be happy to help hire a quality coach.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
The Florida game should be our measuring stick however our boosters, athletic department and university administration are more concerned about keeping up with UK and Vandy. Welcome to Vols 2020, when we hope to compete with UK and Vandy and don’t even look at UF, UGA or Bama. We are a bottom tier football school. Suck it up and buy your tickets and $1500 of Power T gear sheep.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
Nah, Fulmer is only AD because Currie screwed up so badly and had to be fired in the middle of a football coaching search. OTherwise he is never AD, because he's not qualified to be an AD.

With his first hire being a very expensive bust, and football being the economic engine of the athletic department, his days are numbered ticking down with every bad Saturday.

Fulmer had and has more booster support than any AD ever had in last ten years.

Fulmer ain’t going anywhere soon and his tenure won’t be decided solely based on Pruitt either.

Both can be true.

Look 20 yr old girl, I have 7,000,000 in my account. I like you... girls at that age are just as stupid as guys and regardless of looks, money talks.

I still don’t get it, but whatever. If it gets him fired for cause, then “thank you young lady!”

The Florida game should be our measuring stick however our boosters, athletic department and university administration are more concerned about keeping up with UK and Vandy. Welcome to Vols 2020, when we hope to compete with UK and Vandy and don’t even look at UF, UGA or Bama. We are a bottom tier football school. Suck it up and buy your tickets and $1500 of Power T gear sheep.

The Florida game still is a stick. It just gets hurt to get beat up by it every year.

I thought we had fallen back to a mid tier status in the SEC nope we are bottom tier right there with Vandy. Sad

Fulmer had and has more booster support than any AD ever had in last ten years.

Fulmer ain’t going anywhere soon and his tenure won’t be decided solely based on Pruitt either.

Both can be true.

And yet when Dave Hart retired and Fulmer was rumored to be in the running to replace him, he didn't get the nod. Then, when he did, he blew the football hire, and then made it worse by extending his hire without warrant. I don't care what booster support you think he had when he was made AD, Pruitt getting extended to 2026 before going 2-8/3-7 is going to nullify any support he'd garnered before now.

Fulmer was a placeholder AD, so far, his one major decision is burning down around him, and he's not going to fire Pruitt, and in not firing Pruitt, he's not going to survive himself.

I don't know if it funny or sad that people start these threads thinking anyone on here knows what the real answer is.
For all you know, my last name is Haslam and I get a kick out of mingling with the no nothing, low football IQ having, common fans.
#pilotflyingj
GBO!!

It just occurred to me that there are a lot of threads about the administration and big money boosters who don't care if Tennessee is competitive or not. I find that hard to believe, simply because the football program is the cash cow for the university, and the deep pocket boosters most certainly want a return on there investment. They keep making big donations even when the product isn't showing a return on investment. I would think they would be happy to help hire a quality coach.
That’s the problem, their last 4 hires have been “quality” hires...
GBO!!

And yet when Dave Hart retired and Fulmer was rumored to be in the running to replace him, he didn't get the nod. Then, when he did, he blew the football hire, and then made it worse by extending his hire without warrant. I don't care what booster support you think he had when he was made AD, Pruitt getting extended to 2026 before going 2-8/3-7 is going to nullify any support he'd garnered before now.

Fulmer was a placeholder AD, so far, his one major decision is burning down around him, and he's not going to fire Pruitt, and in not firing Pruitt, he's not going to survive himself.

He didn’t get the job because the very people who got kicked to the curb after Schiano Sunday didn’t want him to have the job.

And to sit here and say he is a placeholder AD only is not smart. I guess it’s normal practice that “placeholder AD’s” get contract extensions before their first contract even gets completed. After all, a placeholder would only get one contract.

People thinking his job rides or dies based on Pruitt are as delusional as those that thought Haslams were writing blank check to Gruden lmaooo.

Odd that a placeholder AD got a 4 year contract up front and then got 2 year extension before year 3. #TheMoreYouKnow

He didn’t get the job because the very people who got kicked to the curb after Schiano Sunday didn’t want him to have the job.

And to sit here and say he is a placeholder AD only is not smart. I guess it’s normal practice that “placeholder AD’s” get contract extensions before their first contract even gets completed. After all, a placeholder would only get one contract.

People thinking his job rides or dies based on Pruitt are as delusional as those that thought Haslams were writing blank check to Gruden lmaooo.

Odd that a placeholder AD got a 4 year contract up front and then got 2 year extension before year 3. #TheMoreYouKnow

LOL, when was the last time that the UT administration was competent at hiring ADs or writing contracts?

They literally fired Currie in the middle of a coaching search, who else besides Fulmer would have even considered the job? I get why they did it, but he has no clue what he's doing. Fulmer would have lost Barnes if it wasn't for Randy Boyd stepping in and finding the cash that Fulmer couldn't.

LOL, when was the last time that the UT administration was competent at hiring ADs or writing contracts?

They literally fired Currie in the middle of a coaching search, who else besides Fulmer would have even considered the job? I get why they did it, but he has no clue what he's doing. Fulmer would have lost Barnes if it wasn't for Randy Boyd stepping in and finding the cash that Fulmer couldn't.

Once again- if he was a placeholder only, he wouldn’t have been given a 4 year deal. On top of it, he wouldn’t have been given a 2 year extension mid contract during the middle of Covid.

To sit here and say his tenure is solely based on Pruitt success or failure here is delusion.

Fulmer has tons more booster support than dissent. Even more so than Hamilton, Hart, or Currie had over last 10 years. Congrats, you’re entitled to be wrong on this. Phil Fulmer will be the AD of Tennessee until he decides he doesn’t want the job anymore. God Bless Phil Fulmer for being the AD.

Reactions: cgrish
It doesn’t matter. Nothing that happens this season or likely next matters. Heck, I’ve made the argument that it doesn’t matter if we keep or fire CJP.... because we won’t hire a winner, and we’ll be having this same conversation every 2-5 years with a coach of a different name.

Uncle Phil burped up a special one with Pruitt. That must have been a helluva conversation to come to the conclusion he found the “one”.

Why would an expected loss make a difference? If they didn't do anything after the Kentucky and Arkansas losses, why the hell would they do anything now?

Reactions: Raebo
Once again- if he was a placeholder only, he wouldn’t have been given a 4 year deal. On top of it, he wouldn’t have been given a 2 year extension mid contract during the middle of Covid.

To sit here and say his tenure is solely based on Pruitt success or failure here is delusion.

Fulmer has tons more booster support than dissent. Even more so than Hamilton, Hart, or Currie had over last 10 years. Congrats, you’re entitled to be wrong on this. Phil Fulmer will be the AD of Tennessee until he decides he doesn’t want the job anymore. God Bless Phil Fulmer for being the AD.

Fulmer isn't a moron. He worked as an at will employee and negotiated a contract. Again, who would have taken the job after Fulmer had just hired Pruitt to a 6 year contract with guaranteed buyout cash? No one. Fulmer knew that, and he knows UT's administration, kudos to him for playing them for the fools they are I guess.

You can think what you want, Fulmer didn't survive as a coach, with a much better situation than Pruitt is creating, he won't survive being the AD that hired the coach that put the final nail in Tennessee Football's coffin.

Fulmer isn't a moron. He worked as an at will employee and negotiated a contract. Again, who would have taken the job after Fulmer had just hired Pruitt to a 6 year contract with guaranteed buyout cash? No one. Fulmer knew that, and he knows UT's administration, kudos to him for playing them for the fools they are I guess.

You can think what you want, Fulmer didn't survive as a coach, with a much better situation than Pruitt is creation, he won't survive being the AD that hired the coach that put the final nail in Tennessee Football's coffin.

Okay you’re still wrong though.
Fulmer is here until he decides he’s done with the job.

We are so lucky to have Fulmer at AD. Thank the Lord.

Okay you’re still wrong though.
Fulmer is here until he decides he’s done with the job.

We are so lucky to have Fulmer at AD. Thank the Lord.

LOL...Volnation loves to worship coaches, you might be the first to start a competing church of "AD worship" .

VN Store

Back