What happens to our coaches if we lose our next game against Florida?

Tennessee football is a memory folks. Pruitt is in year 3 and I’m not confident in week 8 that he could be any team in America. Seriously!

Reactions: Hoof Harted
Costing UT an extra 5 million on a coach like Pruitt will cost Fulmer his job.

He'll get next season to see if his moronic gamble pays off, and when it doesn't he'll be thanked for his service to the university, and a new AD will be hired.
Extensions are par for the course nowadays I doubt it will cost him his job. If bad coaching hires costed an ad their job then schools would firing and hiring ads like popping tic-tacs at a senior prom. Pruitt will get 2ore years unless next season come completely off the rails again.

“AD Worship” is apparently an attack for “dealing in reality”....... Wowzer

LOL, an attack? You saying we should be thankful for Fulmer as AD, the man who hired Pruitt, and who extended him to an 8 year contract?

If that's not blind worship, then nothing is.

Vanderbilt looks like a team we can beat.

UF and TXAM will curb stomp UT with JG at QB, and will most likely beat us if we start HB.

Had we made the permanent QB change after the 2nd half of the UGA game, we might have had a shot against them.

It is what it is. I'm not planning to watch either game. I already know the outcome.

Go Vols.

LOL, an attack? You saying we should be thankful for Fulmer as AD, the man who hired Pruitt, and who extended him to an 8 year contract?

If that's not blind worship, then nothing is.

Imagine thinking Fulmer is only responsible for one sport as AD. Couldn’t be me.

The delusion with folks is amazing.

Imagine thinking Fulmer is only responsible for one sport as AD. Couldn’t be me.

The delusion with folks is amazing.

Imagine pretending that football revenue doesn't fund every other sport except for basketball.

Imagine pretending that football revenue doesn't fund every other sport except for basketball.

Where did I say that? I’ll wait for you to show me.... spoiler alert- you can’t.

Meanwhile, you’re prancing around like Fulmer job status is solely tied to Pruitt. That sir, is delusion. Congrats.

The only question about the FL game is how many points they win by. Will Mullen run up the score. Yes if he can. An assistant or 2 may have to pay the price for Pruitts stubbornness.

It would be totally stupid to fire assistants at this point. Our oc has a proven track record of being a very good oc. This is all on Pruitt. If anyone thinks for a second jg is Weinke and Chaney's choice at qb just is not thinking right. All this is on Pruitt. Start a different qb and you see the whole team respond in a positive way. Bailey needs to be starting, and one other thing that bothers me is the play of Maurer, he did not play with anywhere near the intensity this year as he did last year. What is going on, does Pruitt not want them to play with emotion at all? As a team we are as flat as any team I have ever seen.

Pruitt is here as long as Fulmer is here.

Once Fulmer gets fired at the end of next year, the next AD will fire Pruitt at some point during or at the end of the 2022 season.
2022??
That's a lot of losses to pile up to wait that long. About 18 losses from now till end of 2022. We've got 3 more losses this year if Vandy game is played. At least 15 combined in 2021 and 2022 if Pruitt stays.

Financially, we need to go broke paying off Pruitt NOW and throwing 6- 8 million at Freeze or better, and recouping that over 2021 and 2022.

If Hugh Freeze gets here NOW. We're 10 win teams in 21 and 22

Never say Never. If he looses out he's gone.

I would hope so, but don't think he will. I am going by Fulmers past in firing assistants. He was always very slow to do this. If Pruitt would just turn the offense over to oc and let him run the offense with who he chooses, Pruitt could save his job. Why doesn't someone close to him talk to him about this. Our defense is playing good enough to win, not against bama though. We could have beat Ga, with any kind of offense at all.

2022??
That's a lot of losses to pile up to wait that long. About 18 losses from now till end of 2022. We've got 3 more losses this year if Vandy game is played. At least 15 combined in 2021 and 2022 if Pruitt stays.

Financially, we need to go broke paying off Pruitt NOW and throwing 6- 8 million at Freeze or better, and recouping that over 2021 and 2022.

I will agree with that, we need change now while we still have a decent roster, don't wait until it is depleted. If we lose out we will lose most of our possible recruits for this year. Get Freeze immediately after Sat. game. Or lock him in for next year and fire Pruitt, and Chaney as interim. Do something, but Pruitt needs to go, demote him to dc, and oc to hc interim. Demote him to dc and save a lot of buy out money. If pruitt doesn't take it then buy out should be cancelled because he turned down a coaching job. If he takes it and is fired for insubordination; which from what I have heard about Pruitt and his past minus Saban years would happen he is fired with cause and no buy out.

Reactions: LittleVol
2022??

With Pruitt and Fulmer both getting extensions, it's not going to happen this year. Fulmer will never fire Pruitt. He's emotionally invested in giving Pruitt the time he didn't get to 'right the ship'; it's exactly why he extended his 6-year contract to an 8-year contract prior to him even finishing his 3rd season.

My formative years were in the 90’s. The Tennessee game will always make me nervous.

You can save us the faux nervousness. We got smoked by KY at home.

This will be your tune up game before Bama.

So it looks like Mel Tucker just took down a top ten team. Wonder if this guy was available in 2017 when Fulmer was searching for finalists?

The S**t Show we've seen on the field and sidelines this year is enough scandal for me.

No they won't, they haven't gotten ready for anybody else.
And that’s fine but Pruitt isn’t getting fired this year no matter how bad you or me or anyone else wants it

Nothing happens. If the Florida game determines his fate, they might as well go ahead and can him. Pruitt is terrible.

Nothing will happen, but rest assured they'll all work like heck to ensure perfection during the subsequent practice.

VN Store

Back