What Happened to the Affordable Pickup Truck?

Two nukes in Illinois shutting down, bet they start to look like CA with rolling brown outs.
It looks like the are trying to replace it with a bunch of little renewable plants on the other map. I mean how good can solar be in Illinois? Could be they're going to pull from the natural gas plant in Indiana.

It baffles me that we aren't building some of the newer nuclear plant designs.

Reactions: Wireless1
TVA just built a new reactor at Wats Bar in Spring City TN(2016). Vogtle in Waynesville GA has 2 under construction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Here are a couple handy maps on plants of all types opening and closing in the next year. This debate got me to reading about power generation

Here a link I found informative. It's also where the maps are from.
Electric Power Monthly - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
View attachment 373339

View attachment 373340
Do you know the difference in commissioned and built?

Try 1973

Do you know the difference in commissioned and built?

Try 1973
Can you read?

From the first link I have you at eia.gov.
"The newest nuclear reactor to enter service, Watts Bar Unit 2 with 1,122 MW net summer electricity generating capacity, began commercial operation in October 2016."

Here another link, directly from the TVA showing it. Reactor 1 started operation in 1996 and reactor 2 in 2016.
Watts Bar Nuclear Plant

I have no idea where you're getting 1973 from. But it's wrong.

Can you read?

From the first link I have you at eia.gov.
"The newest nuclear reactor to enter service, Watts Bar Unit 2 with 1,122 MW net summer electricity generating capacity, began commercial operation in October 2016."

Here another link, directly from the TVA showing it. Reactor 1 started operation in 1996 and reactor 2 in 2016.
Watts Bar Nuclear Plant

I have no idea where you're getting 1973 from. But it's wrong.
Wrong? Ok
DF10C933-F231-40B0-8252-6506362E064F.png

Well that's some long construction time. But my point remains. They started operating in 1996 and 2016. That is unless the TVA is lying.

If you want to use when they started construction. Their are 2 in Georgia that started construction in 2013. They're mentioned in the iea.gov link as well. So you're still wrong. You asked when new nukes where planned. Whether you want to go by the start of operation or start of construction, you have your answer.

Last edited:
Well that's some long construction time. But my point remains. They started operating in 1996 and 2016. That is unless the TVA is lying.

If you want to use when they started construction. Their are 2 in Georgia that started construction in 2013. They're mentioned in the iea.gov link as well. So you're still wrong. You asked when new nukes where planned. Whether you want to go by the start of operation or start of construction, you have your answer.
So, 43 years since they STARTED building the reactor until it came on line.

I’m sorry, what frigging point are you trying to make sweetie?

So, 43 years since they STARTED building the reactor until it came on line.

I’m sorry, what frigging point are you trying to make sweetie?
I gave you the last one to come online and the next two being built. What about your question, asking when new nukes are planned, did you not get answered?

Last edited:
Toyota missed an opportunity to keep their Tacomas from getting all 'roided up and staying in that price range.

I just bought a 2020 v6 4wd taco at an outrageous price. But that's what they are going for these days. Trucks get listed on carvana and are sold within minutes of showing up.

Reactions: Vjcvette
You don't know much about Mavericks. FWIW.
Learned to drive in one. 1970, 6 cyl with AT. Parents passed on the radio so for Christmas us kids pooled our money for a Radio Shack AM - internal speaker -, Ford put an antenna on every one, so it was a one wire hook up, with metal ground.

VN Store

Back