What Happened to the Affordable Pickup Truck?

Rasputin_Vol

Brooks Robinson is not black.
Considering the energy density of sunlight and the conversation efficiency of solar panels, that’s kind of like filling a swimming pool with a tablespoon I would think? (Not sure but wondering)
I've always heard the same thing. Solar farms are popping up all over South GA though and I've wondered how much energy they really create. The government subsidies have to be substantial though for all the farmland that's being converted.
He hit the key point... "energy density". There is only a certain amount of energy that we receive from the sun per unit area. Then you look at how many acres of solar panels you need to generate 1 MW (about the size of a nuclear generator), and you are talking about thousands of acres being used for solar vs hundreds for an old conventional nuke station. But now with newer nuclear technology, they can build modular stations on around 50 acres.

walkenvol

He hit the key point... "energy density". There is only a certain amount of energy that we receive from the sun per unit area. Then you look at how many acres of solar panels you need to generate 1 MW (about the size of a nuclear generator), and you are talking about thousands of acres being used for solar vs hundreds for an old conventional nuke station. But now with newer nuclear technology, they can build modular stations on around 50 acres.
If your concern is the land used to place the solar panels, then how do you resolve the panels being placed on land already in use such as home roof tops, industrial building rooftops, and parking lots? There’s so much available space to use that is already developed that it doesn’t support an argument of “it uses too much land”

Rasputin_Vol

Brooks Robinson is not black.
If your concern is the land used to place the solar panels, then how do you resolve the panels being placed on land already in use such as home roof tops, industrial building rooftops, and parking lots? There’s so much available space to use that is already developed that it doesn’t support an argument of “it uses too much land”
Well obviously that is totally different.

VN Store