What do VN GOPers think of the Cheney issue?

Liz Cheney is OUT: House Republicans Remove Wyoming representative from leadership in a move that Cements Trump's Hold on the Party - as she vows to never allow him 'anywhere near the Oval Office again'

House Republicans planted themselves firmly in the camp of Donald Trump on Wednesday when they removed Rep. Liz Cheney from their leadership team after her criticism of the former president.

The vote, done by voice vote, took less than 15 minutes.

Trump has not ruled out another presidential bid in 2024. Before the GOP vote, Trump released a statement trashing Cheney, calling her a 'poor leader' and 'a person with absolutely no personality or heart.'

There were a few boos after Cheney spoke to the meeting, according to lawmakers in the room.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Cheney supporter said of the voice vote: 'The ironic thing was it was to show unity.'

He said he was surprised at how quickly it went down. 'It was definitely not what I expected.'

It was a yes to remove Cheney and a no to keep, a GOP lawmaker said of the vote, saying it sounded as if three quarters of Republicans shouted yes. It was all over in less than 15 minutes.

42897688-9570721-After_the_vote_Cheney_told_reporters_I_will_do_everything_I_can_-a-11_1620827722365.jpg

Trump celebrated Cheney's ouster.

'Liz Cheney is a bitter, horrible human being,' he said in a statement after the vote.

He called her a shrill for Democrats: 'She is a talking point for Democrats, whether that means the Border, the gas lines, inflation, or destroying our economy. She is a warmonger whose family stupidly pushed us into the never-ending Middle East Disaster, draining our wealth and depleting our Great Military, the worst decision in our Country's history. I look forward to soon watching her as a Paid Contributor on CNN or MSDNC!'

Liz Cheney is OUT: Republicans remove Wyoming representative from leadership | Daily Mail Online

Get on the MAGA train or get run over.​
quote:​
Donald J Trump​
@realdonaldtrump​
21m​
Liz Cheney is a bitter, horrible human being. I watched her yesterday and realized how bad she is for the Republican Party. She has no personality or anything good having to do with politics or our Country. She is a talking point for Democrats, whether that means the Border, the gas lines, inflation, or destroying our economy. She is a warmonger whose family stupidly pushed us into the never-ending Middle East Disaster, draining our wealth and depleting our Great Military, the worst decision in our Country’s history. I look forward to soon watching her as a Paid Contributor on CNN or MSDNC!​

Yet another instance where Trump would have been better off to be quiet. Makes him look bitter and stupid.

Reactions: hog88
She lost her position for disagreeing with Trump. Period. Differences of opinion are not tolerated in the GOP.

You are a simple one aren’t you.

They’re are GOP members still in leadership positions that disagreed with Trump.

Trump is as smooth, slimy as it gets. How else would a silver spoon guy like him portray himself like a man of the people lol
I don't know who is more foolish, you or him. He's nothing in the neighborhood of smooth, he's no more slimey then Biden and other career politicians.

You are a simple one aren’t you.

They’re are GOP members still in leadership positions that disagreed with Trump.

They are all carrying his water now. They disagreed on January 6, 2021, but hopped back in line for fear of losing their power.

Almost every person in Congress operates from a position of fear. They taste the power, the graft and apparently the food in the private dining halls and are terrified to give it all up.

LOL you've been conned

Celebrity Apprentice was scripted FYI.
Again, proving you're a fool. I don't support Trump. I don't watch reality TV.

I'm not conned by either party...... You on the other hand drank way too much Kool aid.

Has she been caught up in a personal scandal? Absolutely not, and for the Republican members who have, the party has opted not to punish them.

Has she done a poor job at representing her state? No. She was reelected in 2018 by nearly 34 points and in 2020 by 42 points.

Has she failed to support conservative policy proposals that put her out of step with her colleagues? Certainly not. According to ProPublica, in the 116th Congress (2019-2020), she voted with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy 92% of the time and with House Minority Whip Steve Scalise 93% of the time.

So why is Liz Cheney being #canceled by her republican colleagues???

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Has she been caught up in a personal scandal? Absolutely not, and for the Republican members who have, the party has opted not to punish them.

Has she done a poor job at representing her state? No. She was reelected in 2018 by nearly 34 points and in 2020 by 42 points.

Has she failed to support conservative policy proposals that put her out of step with her colleagues? Certainly not. According to ProPublica, in the 116th Congress (2019-2020), she voted with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy 92% of the time and with House Minority Whip Steve Scalise 93% of the time.

So why is Liz Cheney being #canceled by her republican colleagues???

Her club doesn’t want her in leadership anymore, neither me or you are in that club so why should we care?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Her club doesn’t want her in leadership anymore, neither me or you are in that club so why should we care?

What a crock. we should ALLLLL care when someone in our highest legislative branch loses their job for simply daring to tell the F'ing truth!!

It really is amusing to watch the smug apoplexy of the leftists on here over this. I couldn't care less about it. All it is is moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

And I am getting full of popcorn.

When the MSM and the democrats like her more than her own party, it was probably time for her to leave. I'm pretty sure she'll leave her seat during the next election as well when the voters she represents vote her out.

Probably less than 5% of voters even know who she is. A party is free to select their own leadership based on what platform they wish to project. There is no right to be on the leadership team, you are selected by the team, just like a football captain. Go against the will of the majority enough and you get pulled
So riddle me this, how many pro life, NRA member, evangelical congress persons are on the Democrat leadership team exactly? I will hang up and listen......

Reactions: hog88
When the MSM and the democrats like her more than her own party, it was probably time for her to leave. I'm pretty sure she'll leave her seat during the next election as well when the voters she represents vote her out.
But she will surely have an engraved invitation to become a well recompensed guest commentator on MSNBC/CNN anytime she wants. MSM LOVES them some former GOP rouges

VN Store

Back