What do VN GOPers think of the Cheney issue?

I didn’t know about this situation until I read about it here.

I initially thought Big Jim might be coming back into the fold.

As governor he supported abortion rights, as senator (which followed) he did not.
As governor he was a supporter of gay rights, as senator (which followed) he did not.
He took more conservative positions later in his career.....the opposite of progressing.
Protecting life is not a progression. What a world we live in.

Reactions: NEO
Reproductive choice, rights, and personal control certainly are.
She more than likely choose to have sex. She more than likely had a say in the position/type of sex had.
She more than likely had several proactive measures she could have employed to avoid pregnancy.
She more than likely had at least some say in her partner's employment of anti pregnancy measures.
She had multiple opportunities to employ several other OTC applications to avoid getting pregnant after the fact.

You dont get to kill someone to avoid getting fat, hormonal, or avoid the repercussions of consquences of choices she freely made.

Society, nor religion, nor me, nor the government are saying she's pregnant. That's her body doing that. And considering it's not her body getting aborted it's not her body she is trying to control. She controlled her body and doesnt like the consquences, doesnt give her the right to kill.

She more than likely choose to have sex. She more than likely had a say in the position/type of sex had.
She more than likely had several proactive measures she could have employed to avoid pregnancy.
She more than likely had at least some say in her partner's employment of anti pregnancy measures.
She had multiple opportunities to employ several other OTC applications to avoid getting pregnant after the fact.

You dont get to kill someone to avoid getting fat, hormonal, or avoid the repercussions of consquences of choices she freely made.

Society, nor religion, nor me, nor the government are saying she's pregnant. That's her body doing that. And considering it's not her body getting aborted it's not her body she is trying to control. She controlled her body and doesnt like the consquences, doesnt give her the right to kill.

Not sure I ever heard it put so precisely. Only counter argument is they are not human, although a heartbeat starts in mere weeks.

Not sure I ever heard it put so precisely. Only counter argument is they are not human, although a heartbeat starts in mere weeks.
Of course its human. Has human dna, human cells, human cellular reproduction which continues till some time after death, havent heard any case of a woman giving birth to not human.

Brain functionality doesnt make sense as a cut off. We dont kill the mentally handicapped or assume they arent human. Well at least here in the states. Court cases can go on for years for end of life termination after brain functionality ceases.

Doctors arent allowed to take our tissue and perform experiments on it without or express permission. Read up on the racist history behind a lot of our medical advancements with doctors not getting permission to use AA tissue. And that tissue isnt "human" and it still has protected rights. So a fetus/zygote/whatever should as well.

I have yet to see a single good argument explaining why they arent worthy of protection that holds up to anything else.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Of course its human. Has human dna, human cells, human cellular reproduction which continues till some time after death, havent heard any case of a woman giving birth to not human.

Brain functionality doesnt make sense as a cut off. We dont kill the mentally handicapped or assume they arent human. Well at least here in the states. Court cases can go on for years for end of life termination after brain functionality ceases.

Doctors arent allowed to take our tissue and perform experiments on it without or express permission. Read up on the racist history behind a lot of our medical advancements with doctors not getting permission to use AA tissue. And that tissue isnt "human" and it still has protected rights. So a fetus/zygote/whatever should as well.

I have yet to see a single good argument explaining why they arent worthy of protection that holds up to anything else.

When I said human, I meant a living being, so not sure why you are being so semantical.
Yea..I was going to counter any disagreement on the brain function myself. Pain neurons are evident if one was to ever witness a procedure. It is disgusting and censored.
Another argument is the fact that these "cells" if birthed would suffer a difficult poor life without gov assistance, which is supposedly inherently counter to the pro-lifers, ie conservatism.
It is downright politicization of the value of life and reminiscent of horrors of the past.

No you clearly dont.

I dont get to say I am for protecting life and then turn around and I say I am for someone else killing another person. You dont either.
Sure I do....and I'm 100% against killing another person. To suggest otherwise is beyond insulting.
But we do not need to have yet another abortion debate.

Sure I do....and I'm 100% against killing another person. To suggest otherwise is beyond insulting.
But we do not need to have yet another abortion debate.
LOL You just don't define a baby as a person unless you can drop it on the floor and it lives with no help from a doctor.

'The House GOP is united and the MAGA movement is strong': Donald Trump congratulates Elise Stefanik, 36, after she's elected to the No.3 GOP leadership post

42989516-9578963-image-a-47_1621000538021.jpg

Rep. Elise Stefanik thanked Donald Trump after her election to House GOP leadership

House Republicans prepare to elect Trump supporter Elise Stefanik as conference chair | Daily Mail Online

If there is the slightest DOUBT that a fetus is human, how does one NOT err on the side of caution? That’s what I don’t get. Unless you are 100% certain that it doesn’t have a soul, you are taking a pretty strong risk

Re Cheney.....now 48 hours later, the small percentage of the general public who even heard about this have already forgotten it. The only people who cared (the perpetually angry Outrage Brigade on Twitter) have already found something else to be pissed about.
Liz Chaney now passes into history as a trivia question answer “Name the one term congresswoman who was the daughter of one of the only two Vice Presidents who ever shot someone”

Reactions: LouderVol
Challengers Rush to Primary Liz Cheney After House GOP Ouster

Droves of Republicans are looking to primary the embattled Republican Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) in the midterms after the Republican Conference recently ousted her from Republican House leadership.

With over a year left before the Wyoming deadline to file to run in the August 2022 Republican primary against Cheney, reports show “already at least six Republicans plan to run against her.”

Recent poll numbers show Cheney to be in trouble in the next election. The Club for Growth PAC poll shows the congresswoman with a net negative image. Cheney’s unfavorable rating stands at 65 percent with a net rating of -36 percent.

In addition, 52 percent said they would rather vote for her opponent regardless of who runs against her, giving hope to challengers.

Challengers Rush to Primary Liz Cheney After House GOP Ouster

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Its messed up on so many levels. This is supposed to be a leadership role. Yet Cheney got canceled for being a leader, and Stefanik replaces her because she was a follower!

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Ilhan Omar has Higher Conservative Rating than Elise Stefanik, According to Club for Growth

Omar has a 38% conservative rating, according to Club for Growth, and Stefanik scored 35%

Conservative PAC Club for Growth gives Rep. Ilhan Omar a higher conservative rating than the new House GOP conference chair, Rep. Elise Stefanik.

The Minnesota Democrat has a 38% conservative rating, according to Club for Growth, and Stefanik, R-N.Y., the new No. 3 Republican, scored 35%. Stefanik’s opponent in the GOP conference chair race, Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, scored a perfect 100%, and was endorsed by the group. Stefanik also received relatively low scores from the American Conservative Union and the conservative group Heritage Action.

Ilhan Omar has higher conservative rating than Elise Stefanik, according to Club for Growth

VN Store

Back