What do VN GOPers think of the Cheney issue?

As governor he supported abortion rights, as senator (which followed) he did not.
As governor he was a supporter of gay rights, as senator (which followed) he did not.
He took more conservative positions later in his career.....the opposite of progressing.
Killing babies is definitely a sign of an advanced civilization.

It doesn't matter which side of the aisle you're on, if you go against the party, you get got. Shame how that works. They're not there to represent party. They're there to represent their constituents. I get it. Liz was removed from Republican leadership for daring to oppose Trump. She wasn't removed from office. But, IMO, this demonstrates just how the cancer of partisanship has infected Congress. It's sad that so many embrace this as okay. How does this thinking help the country? Agree with us or we'll squash you. Seems there's no longer room on either side for free thinkers.

Weezer I think you are wrong on this one. It's Liz's right to believe Trump incited 1/6, but to go on and on incessantly is what got her the boot. She should let her position be known and stfu about it as someone who is in a leadership position in the party. She has become a pawn for the democrats. Trump still plays a significant role in the party and for her to continue on about it is devisive to 2022. The democrats are tearing apart American values at every turn and she wants to act like this is the most pressing topic on a daily basis. I'm sure some of this is the Bush relationship which is a relic at this point.

I love that somebody floated the narrative that Cheney is doing this to advance her political career.

I’m not sure I’ve had a more enjoyable spontaneous outburst of derisive laughter since I heard about the butt chugging thing at UT.

Reproductive choice, rights, and personal control certainly are.
People already have the right of reproductive choice and have had it since the very beginning (with the exception of rape). You don’t want to reproduce? Then don’t do the thing that causes reproduction or else use one of the many approved ways to prevent conception (assuming one is not a practicing Catholic).

People already have the right of reproductive choice and have had it since the very beginning (with the exception of rape). You don’t want to reproduce? Then don’t do the thing that causes reproduction or else use one of the many approved ways to prevent conception (assuming one is not a practicing Catholic).
Brilliant. How's the view from Flatland?

I'm guessing those two views are remarkably similar, just from opposite directions.
There is no third option for a view point. When you boil it down to first principles, there are only two possibilities, either the unborn being is a human or it is not. Everything else is wishy-washy dithering and the moral equivalent of saying a slave was 3/5 of a person as in the original constitution.

There is no third option for a view point. When you boil it down to first principles, there are only two possibilities, either the unborn being is a human or it is not. Everything else is wishy-washy dithering and the moral equivalent of saying a slave was 3/5 of a person as in the original constitution.
lol......This isn't, nor was it ever, a debate about abortion.

Rent free!

iu

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Greeted as Liberated: Cheney Dynasty Surges With Influence as Libs Embrace Moderate Rebel Liz

cheney2-736x466.jpg

Mainstream journalists and other Democrats can't get enough of Rep. Liz Cheney (R., Wyo.), who not only shares their view of former president Donald Trump but also has given them a convenient excuse to limit their coverage of more newsworthy events—violent clashes in Israel, a stagnant economy, and gas shortages resulting from an unprecedented cyber attack—that might reflect poorly on the current president, Joe Biden.

Greeted as Liberated: Cheney Dynasty Surges With Influence as Libs Embrace Moderate Rebel Liz - Washington Free Beacon

Reactions: BreatheUT
Are you confused? I’m sitting back and admiring the propensity for most GOPers to stand for absolutely nothing meaningful.

They stand for power and money, primarily to serve the top tax bracket. All else is falsely fabricated public relations. But Trump's inciting a violent mob to attack Congress during its counting of the Electoral College Votes was a bit too much for some.

VN Store

Back