What did you have for dinner II?

Found a boned & tied pork shoulder on sale for $2.38/lb. Yeah, will we ever again see big Boston butts on sale for $0.98/lb?

Seasoned it with a mixture of salt, cayenne, cumin, cardamom, smoked paprika, and pineapple sage, placed it in the slow cooker atop a bed of coarsely chopped onions & carrots. I will check it in 10 hours.

To all pork-shoulder-is-for-smoking purists, it’s raining. It’s been raining for days. It will continue raining through ~Thursday morning. In these circumstances, crockpotting a fresh pork shoulder mid work week is not sinful.
I actually love cooking outside when it raining. But I have a car port to pull the smoker/grill under.
Also, Burritos
20210921_185225.jpg

The power went out around 4:30 this afternoon. A neighbor had a large old tree leaning precariously towards a power pole with a transformer across the street. As it threatened the power system, he wanted the power company to remove it or pare it down to a non-threatening stump. He did not want to pay to take it down. Well, it fell, taking out the power pole with the transformer and pulling down lines every which away. The power company says power should be restored by tomorrow morning. I lit a gas burner with a match and made a hash of leftover potatoes, chopped onions, and pulled pork.

The power went out around 4:30 this afternoon. A neighbor had a large old tree leaning precariously towards a power pole with a transformer across the street. As it threatened the power system, he wanted the power company to remove it or pare it down to a non-threatening stump. He did not want to pay to take it down. Well, it fell, taking out the power pole with the transformer and pulling down lines every which away. The power company says power should be restored by tomorrow morning. I lit a gas burner with a match and made a hash of leftover potatoes, chopped onions, and pulled pork.
Well that's no fun. Sounds like you're on top of the situation though.

Cut up the remainder of the pot roast so that Certain Persons wouldn’t snack away the rest of the beef and made what my family always called “hash”, and the rest of the world calls beef stew. Mighty tasty for a cool rainy autumn equinox!

I now have to get in the habit of planning a cook-ahead Wednesday dinner. I already have choir practice from 6:30-8, and now handbells are cranking up from 5:30-6:30. If I want to eat - and, oh yes, feed Hubs - I’ll need to get my ducks in a row…

VN Store

Back