What did you have for dinner II?

Stuffed onigiri, edamame, and boiled eggs.
View attachment 338120
I think I’ve asked before, and you replied, but, well, you know... 🤪

How did you get into Japanese cooking/ learn so many Japanese recipes? Other than restaurants with cooks setting things on fire in front of a big table, true Japanese cuisine isn’t that common between the coasts.

I think I’ve asked before, and you replied, but, well, you know... 🤪

How did you get into Japanese cooking/ learn so many Japanese recipes? Other than restaurants with cooks setting things on fire in front of a big table, true Japanese cuisine isn’t that common between the coasts.
Mrs. HateSteve and I just really like asian food. We both like to cook, so we started learning how to make our favorites. Then that lead to making stuff we couldn't find here. Lol, a bunch of them, including onigiri, are things we saw in anime and went looking for a recipe for. That and the wife is in a lot of Asian cooking groups online. We want to try Nabe next.

t0147_004_20181125084943.jpg

Not really Asian, more midPac (mid-Pacific), I guess, but I wish I could make saimin. The noodles are completely unavailable outside of Hawai’i and the West Coast though, with ramen as a distant second.

Saimin - Wikipedia

I am moving toward the creation of the Chopstick Diet. I am amazingly bad at chopsticks, and so if I have to eat my daily food allowance with chopsticks, the weight would just melt off before your very eyes! 🥢

Reactions: Tin Man
Not really Asian, more midPac (mid-Pacific), I guess, but I wish I could make saimin. The noodles are completely unavailable outside of Hawai’i and the West Coast though, with ramen as a distant second.

Saimin - Wikipedia

I am moving toward the creation of the Chopstick Diet. I am amazingly bad at chopsticks, and so if I have to eat my daily food allowance with chopsticks, the weight would just melt off before your very eyes! 🥢
That looks tasty. What kind of noodles does it need?

I used to stink at using chopsticks. It just takes practice.

That looks tasty. What kind of noodles does it need?

I used to stink at using chopsticks. It just takes practice.
It’s some sort off egg noodle, instead of wheat noodle, but curly and thin like ramen. It’s only available as fresh (or frozen.) Sun Noodles bought the rights from S&S.

https://www.onlyfromhawaii.com/online-store/Sun-Noodle-Original-Saimin-9-5-oz-p130374763

—I’m pretty sure that I would survive, and the sun would keep on rising, if I used ramen noodles, but still!!

Reactions: JCHateSteve
It’s some sort off egg noodle, instead of wheat noodle, but curly and thin like ramen. It’s only available as fresh (or frozen.) Sun Noodles bought the rights from S&S.

https://www.onlyfromhawaii.com/online-store/Sun-Noodle-Original-Saimin-9-5-oz-p130374763

—I’m pretty sure that I would survive, and the sun would keep on rising, if I used ramen noodles, but still!!
I may have to try that. We have a good Asian market in Kingsport, I'll have to raid the noodle isle. Have you tried ordering them from there? I'm curious as to how they ship them.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back