What did you have for dinner II?

Penne rigate with homemade sauce, featuring peppers and basil from my garden
Do you ever make tomato pie. Tomatoes, basil, cheese and a pie crust. I also add onion.
A good way to use tomatoes when plentiful.
Three Weeks of 90+ days have slowed my harvest, but we still get all we need. Basil plants should be good until frost.

Reactions: Tin Man
Mississippi Pot Roast (Seared chuck moved to slow cooker, 1 pkg ranch season, 1 pkg onion soup mix, salt, paper, pepperoncinis)
mashed potatos (Tyler Florence recipe. Best I've ever had. 3 lbs Yukon gold. 2 cups heavy cream. one stick kerrigold butter)
Allen's Green beans cooked down with onion and a capful of cider vinegar (only way to go on green beans)

Reactions: joevol33
Mississippi Pot Roast (Seared chuck moved to slow cooker, 1 pkg ranch season, 1 pkg onion soup mix, salt, paper, pepperoncinis)
mashed potatos (Tyler Florence recipe. Best I've ever had. 3 lbs Yukon gold. 2 cups heavy cream. one stick kerrigold butter)
Allen's Green beans cooked down with onion and a capful of cider vinegar (only way to go on green beans)

That pot roast sounds excellent, although I'm not sure what the paper adds.... :p:D

Leftovers.

Cooked the rest of a pack of bacon, wilted the rest of a bag of fresh spinach in the bacon grease, cooked the rest of a bag of frozen shrimp in butter, chopped a couple of sun dried tomatoes....and added it all to the left over alfredo sauce.

One of our favorites on hot summer days....Bibim Naengmyeon.

Cucumber, asian pear, egg over buckwheat noodles. Throw in that sauce and it's just amazing. I use the recipe from Maangchi. The gal is just fantastic.

images

Reactions: MAD and Tin Man

VN Store

Back