What did you have for dinner II?

I posted pics of Saturday.

Sunday - Smoked chicken, smoked turkey meatloaf, and smoked shrimp. Pot of limas with ham hock and rice. Peas and carrots. Also pressure washed porch and deck. Fixed fridge from freezer drain being froze over and leaking into fridge. And mowed down garden areas for tilling today after work. (I'm fortunate to be still working both jobs. And my wife is getting paid her regular check from the school system to sit at home. So, I get to be away during day and don't have to scrub the life out of baking sheets like @VolNExile).

{{Somehow I got a double post in here}}

Reactions: MAD and VolNExile
I posted pics of Saturday.

Sunday - Smoked chicken, smoked turkey meatloaf, and smoked shrimp. Pot of limas with ham hock and rice. Peas and carrots. Also pressure washed porch and deck. Fixed fridge from freezer drain being froze over and leaking into fridge. And mowed down garden areas for tilling today after work. (I'm fortunate to be still working both jobs. And my wife is getting paid her regular check from the school system to sit at home. So, I get to be away during day and don't have to scrub the life out of baking sheets like @VolNExile).

{{Somehow I got a double post in here}}
Do you have your own tiller? (random, I realize)

I have a little Craftsman garden tiller which my wife gave me for my birthday a decade and a half ago. It's wimpy, but she can handle it if she needs to use it. It's held up well. I tilled up 600+ square yards with it once. Ran like a top. Got the job done.

Edit: I posted this here, in the din-din thread as an olive branch to @bag12day. As Telly Savalas used to say, "Who loves ya, baby?"

I have a little Craftsman garden tiller which my wife gave me for my birthday a decade and a half ago. It's wimpy, but she can handle it if she needs to use it. It's held up well. I tilled up 600+ square yards with it once. Ran like a top. Got the job done.

Edit: I posted this here, in the din-din thread as an olive branch to @bag12day. As Telly Savalas used to say, "Who loves ya, baby?"

No. Just use my brothers. He's 1/2 mile down road to borrow. No need to duplicate. I used to have one of those 2 stroke flower bed tillers you could pick up and tote one handed. Loved it. If you already had established beds, this was the ticket for spring fluffing. I killed it after several years. Did have a Toro rear tine I had got from my gramp when he died. When it ran it was a hoss. It was a smaller one. But, it had a Tecumsah engine. Outside an old mecury boat engine, Tecumsah had to be the most aggravating experience I've had. I did learn on a rear tine to be ready to run behind it if it hit hard ground.

Reactions: VolNExile
s-l640.jpg

Reactions: GVF
What the heck are you tilling, watercress? Thanks buddy for the olive branch, if it only had olives we could make a tapenade and spread on a crusty French bread with cold cuts for a great muffuletta. man I miss New Orleans but I digress!
Dinner didn’t totally suck at the folks tonight I brought some homemade pork and venison meat balls and made a marinara sauce and pasta at moms. My mom is French Cajun and Italian and she said your grandma would be proud of these meatballs. Made me feel good. Dad has continued having problems eating so he is having puréed food since swallowing is difficult. He had some venison stew and green beans I brought that I puréed and looked like bad baby food I didn’t take Picts for yall😂.

What the heck are you tilling, watercress? Thanks buddy for the olive branch, if it only had olives we could make a tapenade and spread on a crusty French bread with cold cuts for a great muffuletta. man I miss New Orleans but I digress!
Dinner didn’t totally suck at the folks tonight I brought some homemade pork and venison meat balls and made a marinara sauce and pasta at moms. My mom is French Cajun and Italian and she said your grandma would be proud of these meatballs. Made me feel good. Dad has continued having problems eating so he is having puréed food since swallowing is difficult. He had some venison stew and green beans I brought that I puréed and looked like bad baby food I didn’t take Picts for yall😂.
When I was 18 my mom had TMJ surgery. Her mouth was wired shut for six weeks. At 4'10" and 90 pounds soaking wet BEFORE the surgery, we tried to be sure she got anything she wanted to eat. She had all her favorite foods, thanks to our blender. This included a steak and baked potatoe, with all the trimmings. And hot dogs and sauerkraut.

When I was 18 my mom had TMJ surgery. Her mouth was wired shut for six weeks. At 4'10" and 90 pounds soaking wet BEFORE the surgery, we tried to be sure she got anything she wanted to eat. She had all her favorite foods, thanks to our blender. This included a steak and baked potatoe, with all the trimmings. And hot dogs and sauerkraut.
You were an 18 year old girl and your mom had her jaw wired shut? That’s like an answered prayer from God for some... only thing better would be if a spouse got wired up and can’t sass you or say no to the new shoes or new gun😉
just in the last week we have had to change what we can feed him and how. It’s amazing what this disease does and how fast they go off a cliff from level 1,2,3,4.

My wife is a messed up blend too. Dad is Broken English Cajun when he talks to his sisters. Mom was North GA mountains. But dang the food!!

Reactions: bag12day
Tonight. Hunt Brothers pizza from the gas station up the road. Some of the best pizza in town.

Tonight. Hunt Brothers pizza from the gas station up the road. Some of the best pizza in town.
I might not kill, but I could see committing a minor act of violence for a pie from Standard Pizza, down the road for us.

They’re in an old gas station (this is a Thing in Asheville), thus the “Standard” bit.

1586218018497.jpeg

My wife is a messed up blend too. Dad is Broken English Cajun when he talks to his sisters. Mom was North GA mountains. But dang the food!!
I got Scottish and Irish too and I married into German and more Irish. We say we are a catholic fight waiting for a family to happen🙈. I got cousins in south Louisiana that make that farmer Fran in the water boy movie sound like a Rhodes scholar.. I had a hard day with dad today and I set up a hospital bed for him in moms living room and put him to bed about 8 so quietly reading volnation was in lieu of tv tonight. Not sure how thats gonna work going forward but test run tonight. Night y’all and as usual thanks for the laughs!

I got Scottish and Irish too and I married into German and more Irish. We say we are a catholic fight waiting for a family to happen🙈. I got cousins in south Louisiana that make that farmer Fran in the water boy movie sound like a Rhodes scholar.. I had a hard day with dad today and I set up a hospital bed for him in moms living room and put him to bed about 8 so quietly reading volnation was in lieu of tv tonight. Not sure how thats gonna work going forward but test run tonight. Night y’all and as usual thanks for the laughs!

We are also Scottish imports from early 1800's. Middle Tn via Raleigh area. Wife's family from St. Martinville I think.

Reactions: bag12day
In Georgia, there's Pure Taqueria. They have seven locations, now. The original is in a converted old Pure gas station in Roswell GA. When it first opened, it was a fairly cool place - good food & beverages, unpretentious vibe. Too quickly, it became THE place for local teens to work. The teen staff became cliquish, and service suffered. Growth has rendered each location similarly sterile.

The wife and I prefer El Taco Veloz. Authentic Mexican street food. We get take out and supply our own libations. I first found the original Chamblee, GA location in the early '90s. Back then, it was a tiny walk-up and drive-through location with a limited menu that they executed supremely well. Now, they have restaurants in the northern arc. When we ride our Suwanee-Buford route, the Buford, GA location is a favored stop.

In Georgia, there's Pure Taqueria. They have seven locations, now. The original is in a converted old Pure gas station in Roswell GA. When it first opened, it was a fairly cool place - good food & beverages, unpretentious vibe. Too quickly, it became THE place for local teens to work. The teen staff became cliquish, and service suffered. Growth has rendered each location similarly sterile.

The wife and I prefer El Taco Veloz. Authentic Mexican street food. We get take out and supply our own libations. I first found the original Chamblee, GA location in the early '90s. Back then, it was a tiny walk-up and drive-through location with a limited menu that they executed supremely well. Now, they have restaurants in the northern arc. When we ride our Suwanee-Buford route, the Buford, GA location is a favored stop.
Here where I live there's a taco place started by a bunch of serial American restauranteurs and it's terrible. But it still wins 'best tacos in town' every freaking year because of the combo of uncultured hipster kids that think cool decorations make a restaurant and ignorant yokels (that can be converted, mind you) that just don't know any better.

With a Spanish-speaking wife we know where to go to find the real good stuff :)

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back