What did you have for dinner II?

We had exactly the same thing for lunch! and I made some mahi, shrimp, and snapper Ceviche with tortilla chips for a appetizer before dinner. Do you make yours with candied Jalapeno? I can candied jalapenos from the garden in summer and it really makes things pop IMO.

I have a go to pimento cheese recipe, I just added pickled hot Jalapeño and some chopped bacon. Going for something like a Bacon wrapped Jalapeño popper. Turned out really well.

Candied Jalapeño? Sounds interesting. I grow Serrano and jalapeños every year. I have a small salsa garden as I call it. Tomatoes, onions, peppers, and few other things.
Try this recipe: Candied Jalapeños (Cowboy Candy)
It's pretty close to what I do. I'm not a fan of celery seed and I don't add cayenne pepper and depending on the heat I usually seed and de-rib my Jalapenos. The way I grow them they are usually 3 times hotter than grocery store ones. I pick my peppers and pop them into the fridge until I get enough to make a big batch to can. I also use raw cane sugar and fresh garlic instead of the white sugar and garlic powder. Directions Re timing (4 mins cooking peppers if you are gonna can) are spot on.
I also make a jalapeno pepper jelly and if you spread some cream cheese or my smoked fish dip on a cracker and top with a dollop of pepper jelly its an awesome appetizer.

Try this recipe: Candied Jalapeños (Cowboy Candy)
It's pretty close to what I do. I'm not a fan of celery seed and I don't add cayenne pepper and depending on the heat I usually seed and de-rib my Jalapenos. The way I grow them they are usually 3 times hotter than grocery store ones. I pick my peppers and pop them into the fridge until I get enough to make a big batch to can. I also use raw cane sugar and fresh garlic instead of the white sugar and garlic powder. Directions Re timing (4 mins cooking peppers if you are gonna can) are spot on.
I also make a jalapeno pepper jelly and if you spread some cream cheese or my smoked fish dip on a cracker and top with a dollop of pepper jelly its an awesome appetizer.

Sounds awesome! Have you tried this with chili's or serranos?

Oh, having stuffed bell pepper soup tonite.

Sounds awesome! Have you tried this with chili's or serranos?

Oh, having stuffed bell pepper soup tonite.
I tried it once with Serano and poblanos and it was a bit off??? IT was bitter or something I couldn't put my finger on so I take most all my Serrano's and poblanos and dry/ smoke them and grind into chili powder if I don't use them fresh.

I had lasagna I made with venison and Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella, with spinach salad and garlic bread.

Roasted cauliflower (turmeric infused olive oil) with stewed tomatoes seasoned Spanish style
Vegetarian... Native American word for bad hunter. Great antioxidant and anti inflammatory meal but need to offset with dead animal:p. While I have thread derailed, personal question TM and please ignore if you like: I notice a lot of your meals are of southeast Asian influence (above not withstanding), did you spend time there, family connection or just like the cuisine? For a big ole Central NC redneck I have exposed myself to a lot of cuisines when I used to business travel and surprise folks with what I like and have learned to cook. There isn't a sushi place within 35 miles of me but I order from Catalina Offshore in California every two months or so and do my own at home just so I can eat like @NorCalVol67. Just curious and again please ignore if too personal...

@bag12day, I'm omnivorous and adore game meats and fresh caught fish & seafood. I've not hunted in a couple of decades and so am dependent upon the largess of others or just buying farm reared game animal flesh. I don't fish as much as I used to, especially since my mother sold her place on the Satilla River delta (bass pond in the front yard, deep water tidal creek out back - heaven).

My international culinary meanderings are as much from meeting immigrants in the US as my travels. I've been to Canada and Mexico, equatorial Africa, and western Europe (a few times). My one excursion to Asia was Taipei, Singapore, Bali, and Tokyo. The kangkung I had in Bali tops the cooked leafy greens I'm accustomed to, here. Still, I'm not going to attempt to grow it or find it in an International farmers' market.

Yes, I do prepare and consume vegetarian meals. This AND the grilled 1&1/4 lb porterhouse, the whole smoked pork shoulder, the roast lamb, the braised goat (I much prefer venison), birds, fish, shellfish... etcetera, etcetera, yah :)

Well after my post this AM I talked myself into driving down and swinging by the sushi place near where I used to live. We still make the drive down for special occasions but used to frequent twice a week so I just let them do what ever. They know what we like.IMG_3724.JPG

VN Store

Back