What are we doing with BJ Edwards?

I never shot it down, and in fairness that discussion was prior to early enrollment…part of what I said in our discussion was that Edwards being here and a head start would help, that’s not as much of a head start now.

Yeah, I don't think it matters. Dilione clearly displays more PG skills (and overall skill) than BJE. Whether it's a year or half a year, the cream was going to rise to the top. BJE just doesn't really have a PPG skill set. I still hope they pursue a transfer PG, tbh.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Yeah, I don't think it matters. Dilione clearly displays more PG skills (and overall skill) than BJE. Whether it's a year or half a year, the cream was going to rise to the top. BJE just doesn't really have a PPG skill set. I still hope they pursue a transfer PG, tbh.
Meh, I’ll wait and see, if ZZ continues to play like this then you’re talking Cousy Award type guy next year, hard to say we need a PG. Now a CG that can stroke it and play off ball, sure, but I would think that’s the hope with Dilione and/or Edwards, but an experienced one might not hurt.

Reactions: CNeagleVolFan
Meh, I’ll wait and see, if ZZ continues to play like this then you’re talking Cousy Award type guy next year, hard to say we need a PG. Now a CG that can stroke it and play off ball, sure, but I would think that’s the hope with Dilione and/or Edwards, but an experienced one might not hurt.
The experience is what I want. And I want another true PG in the event of foul trouble or injury for ZZ. If that guy can shoot the lights out, all the better. How much better is this team with a Mark Sears?

The experience is what I want. And I want another true PG in the event of foul trouble or injury for ZZ. If that guy can shoot the lights out, all the better. How much better is this team with a Mark Sears?
I think it’s gonna be hard to attract another true PG along with Zeigler, not impossible but tough. I’m not sure how much better they’d be, he’s better than Key but idk how much, he’s getting the freedom win Oats system he wouldn’t here.

I think it’s gonna be hard to attract another true PG along with Zeigler, not impossible but tough. I’m not sure how much better they’d be, he’s better than Key but idk how much, he’s getting the freedom win Oats system he wouldn’t here.

It didn't necessarily have to be one or the other between Sears and Key. Had room for both. I think the ceiling of this team takes a major hit if ZZ were lost for the year. The presence of Sears allows us to run 2 true PGs like we did with ZZ and Chandler, last year, and it would help take some minutes off of ZZ's plate.

As for next year, we won't attract a Tyrese Hunter type, necessarily, but I'd guess we could land a mid-major guy like Sears who could make a big impact on our depth and versatility.

It didn't necessarily have to be one or the other between Sears and Key. Had room for both. I think the ceiling of this team takes a major hit if ZZ were lost for the year. The presence of Sears allows us to run 2 true PGs like we did with ZZ and Chandler, last year, and it would help take some minutes off of ZZ's plate.

As for next year, we won't attract a Tyrese Hunter type, necessarily, but I'd guess we could land a mid-major guy like Sears who could make a big impact on our depth and versatility.
I’m not saying you don’t try, I’m for it, would absolutely take him…I think much like the QB situation currently though you’re gonna have a hard time attracting some guys as they’re staring at a junior who will be on every award watch list for PG there is, that’s why I was saying more CG that you can sell as potentially a starting 2 alongside him and backing him up.

I agree. I think Barnes has learned that it is preferable to have more than one PG. ZZ can play off the ball as needed as well. If we can find another solid PG in the portal we should make an offer. Edwards should be in the rotation next year as a combo if we continue to use our depth like this year.

Pitt's Hugley to sit out rest of year, seek redshirt

Coach says his absence is not academic or injury related.

""However, due to an injury and my mental health being a priority, after long discussions and talks with my coaches, family and mentors I have decided the best course of action will be for me to sit out the remainder of the season to fully invest in healing mentally as well as physically."

The article states he was injured early, only played 7 games, and he says due to his injury as the first words out of his mouth.

""However, due to an injury and my mental health being a priority, after long discussions and talks with my coaches, family and mentors I have decided the best course of action will be for me to sit out the remainder of the season to fully invest in healing mentally as well as physically."

The article states he was injured early, only played 7 games, and he says due to his injury as the first words out of his mouth.
I think Simone Biles created a injury to be claimed that can’t be diagnosed with an X-ray or blood test.

That is not true. You can play up to 30% of your team’s games and still redshirt. This will usually equate to roughly 10 games, give or take, depending on how well you do in conference/NCAA tournaments.

You are 100% wrong. A redshirt is burned as soon as a basketball player participated in any game for a single minute. You are confusing the redshirt with a medical hardship waiver. With a MHW a player can participate in up to 30% of games (and they round down - 30.9% equals 30% for the calculation) and the games that the player participated must have occurred in the first 50% of the regular season.

Yes this specific instance he cannot red shift since we are into the 2nd half of the season. The original post I was responding to said his red shirt was burning the first game he stepped onto the floor which is 100% false.

With your 2nd sentence, you are 100% wrong.

Yes you can. You can let them play the 9 or 10 games and then list them on the injury report with some bogus knee issue and don’t play them play the rest of the season. There are loopholes to everything. I don’t think they will RS Edwards but I’m not naive enough to think these schools are abiding by the rule and working around it any way they can. If they were setting up deals with shoe companies then they sure as heck are bending redshirt rules.

And if frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their ass when they jump.

No legit coach is going to make up an injury to fraudulently “work around” the medical hardship rule with a “bogus knee issue”. For one thing the condition has to be debilitating AND documented. With an injury a physician has to sign off on it. With a mental health or emotional type of condition then a professional still has to put his reputation on the line and sign off on it. So now you have two conspirators telling the NCAA to eff off.

Then even if the NCAA can’t refute the evidence accumulated with a fake condition scheme, they aren’t stupid. They will know that they are being played and aren’t as likely to cut the program some slack on an future issue.

What is very possible is that a player could have an injury that drags out ruining his season and it could be somewhat “milked” for an MHW if he’s losing significant time. The NCAA might not be too strict if they are sympathetic to the player’s plight and want to do what is best for them in an legit injury related situation. But again, the condition must be debilitating and it wouldn’t go over well with the NCAA if that player was fully participating in practices while being declared as unable to play in a game.

I think that in a borderline case a high character coach like CRB is going to have off the record conversations with NCAA officials and work with them on taking advantage of the MHW rule. He isn’t going to put a player on the “injury report” with a bogus knee issue just to circumvent the spirit of the legislation. Some coaches might (Bruce?).

This one is a head scratcher. His minutes have been meaningless and he certainly didn’t get his moneys worth on losing a year of eligibility.

VN Store

Back