Westbrook Gone

Maybe Harper can get the best out of Westbrook
Exactly. Hope she stays. If she leaves I hope she has great success. How can so many folks on this forum single out one young lady and make her a scapegoat for all that has transpired lately. I hope she stays and gets all that great talent focused, coached and playing in a system that allows her to shine.

Exactly. Hope she stays. If she leaves I hope she has great success. How can so many folks on this forum single out one young lady and make her a scapegoat for all that has transpired lately. I hope she stays and gets all that great talent focused, coached and playing in a system that allows her to shine.
Diamond DeShields Redux

I am just glad that she mentioned that there needed to be a staff change
Once Fulmer heard that, he probably realized that there was no way to maintain the current staff
Her comments nailed Holly’s coffin shut
Imagine if Holly were retained another year!!!!
I partially credit her for bringing the issues “front & center “

That optimistic forecast is always made about Holly's incoming classes and then when these players join the program, mysteriously they become lazy, prima donna whiners who are overrated and need to be chased from the program so Holly can finally bring in the "right" kind of player.

We will never know (thankfully) but Horston might have been the next one to be vilified.
If she could’ve maximized Renia’s talent then she would be right up there! Davis potentials are up there with the best of em! Just hope Kelly and her staff can pull it out of her. If she is able to keep this team intact including Westbrook then the women’s college game better watch out because they are going to be special!

Once Fulmer heard that, he probably realized that there was no way to maintain the current staff

Really, folks are attributing too much impact to that statement. If LeBron or Steph Curry, or even Candace Parker, made such a statement when things were going bad, such disgruntlement could spark a coaching change (as we saw in Cleveland with LBJ). Superstar professional athletes have that kind of clout. College athletes not so much.

The rumors were flying all around the sports and social media that Holly was on her way out and that Fulmer was considering replacment options even before the season ended. The Lv's record six game losing streak, the bad at home loss to lowly Vandy, the extended series losing streak to lowly Bama, the LV's bubble team status, the first round loss, and a four year downward trajectory are what ended Holly's career as LV coach. The problems were glaringly obvious and Evina's comments were certainly not the nail in the coffin. At most, they may have been a trickle of dirt thrown in after the coffin was in the ground.

Last edited:
Wow! So we have elevated Westbrook up to a point that if she does not like the Coach she can complain and get them fired! Lord help Coach Harper and please give her the strength to keep Westbrook happy! Cause if she ain’t happy nobody happy!

Wow! So we have elevated Westbrook up to a point that if she does not like the Coach she can complain and get them fired! Lord help Coach Harper and please give her the strength to keep Westbrook happy! Cause if she ain’t happy nobody happy!

Like Geno said, many coaches today are Afraid of their players. Harper may fall victim to this phenomena.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
Like Geno said, many coaches today are Afraid of their players. Harper may fall victim to this phenomena.

No she won't
because she was a dominant player who played for a more dominant coach
She understands the role of a coach of this type of player because Pat directly showed her how

She has to stay unimpressed with by what these players do,
and be impressed instead with the heart they do it with

Last edited:
OrengenSC, I agree with you. When your “child” goes off to college, your part is largely done. You have given them the tools. Get out of their way! As far as what is said by fans on message boards, consider the source! If someone is downing your young adult, they obviously don’t know what they are talking about! Are you so insecure that you have to “ put up your dukes?”

I was a teacher for 41 years. After about 20 years, I began to see parents taking over their kids’ battles, to the detriment of the growth of the student. At one point there was a mama who got upset because junior’s name was put on the board for “messy desk.” She demanded to know at what time were desks evaluated for messiness, and what was the rubric used to evaluate? Then she came every afternoon after school to straighten his desk! He was 11!

My own daughter had a problem in college: she needed a certain class to graduate, but it was full. Instead of jumping in, I suggested she take her advisement slips to the academic dean and give her ( the dean) a chance to do her job. She did, the dean did, and my daughter learned something she would have missed out on if I had jumped in( interfered with what was hers to handle).

I understand it may seem different when you think your young adult has a good chance of playing pro ball, but let her handle things that are perfectly age-appropriate to be handling, no matter if she is an athlete or just has a messy desk!

Last edited:
OrengenSC, I agree with you. When your “child” goes off to college, your part is largely done. You have given them the tools. Get out of their way! As far as what is said by fans on message boards, consider the source! If someone is downing your young adult, they obviously don’t know what they are talking about! Are you so insecure that you have to “ put up your dukes?”

I was a teacher for 41 years. After about 20, I began to see parents taking over their kids’ battles, to the detriment of the student. At one point there was a mama who got upset because junior’s name was put on the board for “messy desk.” She demanded to know at what time were desks evaluated for messiness, and what was the rubric used to evaluate? Then she came every afternoon after school to straighten his desk! He was 11!

I would have brought in a large students desk and put her name on it.
front row center.
If she's coming to class to do what my students should be doing, she is another student to me
One,, obviously needing taught

Reactions: MAD and bobkitten
I would have brought in a large students desk and put her name on it.
front row center.
If she's coming to class to do what my students should be doing, she is another student to me
One,, obviously needing taught
I don’t think this mama would have “gotten” the point.

Come on now...everyone knows Holly was already on her way out the door before Evina spoke out...even people outside of the LV family had been hinting this...Holly was gone whether Evina spoke out or not...I think, if nothing else, it made it easier for Phil to dismiss CHW...everyone one was wanting this, so I think Evina deserves a break...PS, I don't think CKH will put herself in Holly's situation [but you never know] go LVFL 🧡🏀

Yeah, a random comment on a message board pretty much determines the reality that Coach Harper will face.

PS. If coach Harper does not give me free season tickets, well staffing changes will need to be made.

Coach Harper, PM me and I will send you my address.

Oh yeah, free pop corn too.

Last edited:

I was a teacher for 41 years. After about 20 years, I began to see parents taking over their kids’ battles, to the detriment of the growth of the student. At one point there was a mama who got upset because junior’s name was put on the board for “messy desk.” She demanded to know at what time were desks evaluated for messiness, and what was the rubric used to evaluate? Then she came every afternoon after school to straighten his desk! He was 11!

My own daughter had a problem in college: she needed a certain class to graduate, but it was full. Instead of jumping in, I suggested she take her advisement slips to the academic dean and give her ( the dean) a chance to do her job. She did, the dean did, and my daughter learned something she would have missed out on if I had jumped in( interfered with what was hers to handle).

I understand it may seem different when you think your young adult has a good chance of playing pro ball, but let her handle things that are perfectly age-appropriate to be handling, no matter if she is an athlete or just has a messy desk!

Very well said. And thanks for teaching for 41 years. That's a long time, but I bet it was easier back in the day.

You can believe what you want, but the decision was made in January.

Really, folks are attributing too much impact to that statement. If LeBron or Steph Curry, or even Candace Parker, made such a statement when things were going bad, such disgruntlement could spark a coaching change (as we saw in Cleveland with LBJ). Superstar professional athletes have that kind of clout. College athletes not so much.

The rumors were flying all around the sports and social media that Holly was on her way out and that Fulmer was considering replacment options even before the season ended. The Lv's record six game losing streak, the bad at home loss to lowly Vandy, the extended series losing streak to lowly Bama, the LV's bubble team status, the first round loss, and a four year downward trajectory are what ended Holly's career as LV coach. The problems were glaringly obvious and Evina's comments were certainly not the nail in the coffin. At most, they may have been a trickle of dirt thrown in after the coffin was in the ground.
Absolutely.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Anyone who loved the Lady Vols and Pat Summitt like Fulmer did would be sick of their demise.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back