Westbrook Gone

If everyone stays and the recruits are all on board. Tennessee will make it to the elite 8 and have a good shot at making the final four.

Reactions: TenUhSee
If everyone stays and the recruits are all on board. Tennessee will make it to the elite 8 and have a good shot at making the final four.

I just checked the LVs ranked 271st in scoring defense this year. If they had just placed decent top 50 caliber defense, even with all their other problems, they probably win at 5 to 6 more games and make it to the Sweet 16.

So, your prediction seems plausible. Not sure about Final four just yet but yeah back to the elite seems like a very reachable goal if the team is fully intact.

I just checked the LVs ranked 271st in scoring defense this year. If they had just placed decent top 50 caliber defense, even with all their other problems, they probably win at 5 to 6 more games and make it to the Sweet 16.

So, your prediction seems plausible. Not sure about Final four just yet but yeah back to the elite seems like a very reachable goal if the team is fully intact.
If they all stay and that still is a big if we will not be that good. Davis and Westbrook have work harder than they ever have and Green as well. Burrell has to get in better shape but she is the purist shooter we have but the loyalty that MImi had for Holly may make her leave. She can help as well. Jasmine needs shooting practice as much as anyone. If KK works as hard for a year as she did the last few games she will be some help. She has got to have a coach for her game inside. I really think Davis is the key. She was lazy and unconcerned seems like all year to me.Sounds like the recruits have spoken to Kelli and have no regrets and want to help lead the way. Cant wait to see who the new coaches are and what they bring to the table. None will outwork Kellie and John ! JMHO as always!

If they all stay and that still is a big if we will not be that good.

These players can turn on a dime. I think much of their problem was uncertainty about their roles; they got confused on defense and lost assignments. That deficiency can be cleaned up. Davis works hard (though she did have some games that did look disengaged). She just has a very calm demeanor. She looks a like Holdsclaw on the court.

I do wish everyone would put away their crystal balls about who is going to transfer. Once Mimi meets KJH, for example, she may be completely on board. I am confident that Davis and Massengale are happy about the change. But I agree all the Freshman need to work on their games over the Summer. I think Burrell and Collins can be big contributors. Massengale seems a little further behind the curve but she obviously has talent.

These players can turn on a dime. I think much of their problem was uncertainty about their roles; they got confused on defense and lost assignments. That deficiency can be cleaned up. Davis works hard (though she did have some games that did look disengaged). She just has a very calm demeanor. She looks a like Holdsclaw on the court.

I do wish everyone would put away their crystal balls about who is going to transfer. Once Mimi meets KJH, for example, she may be completely on board. I am confident that Davis and Massengale are happy about the change. But I agree all the Freshman need to work on their games over the Summer. I think Burrell and Collins can be big contributors. Massengale seems a little further behind the curve but she obviously has talent.
I never said MIMI would but it would not surprise me. Would be a blessing to see Davis happy looking at all.

Missouri State's man-to-man defense looked terrible against Stanford, much like Tennessee's.

Reactions: coachputmein
Missouri State's man-to-man defense looked terrible against Stanford, much like Tennessee's.

Yet they held Stanford to 55 points, the Cardinal’s second lowest total of the season (Stanford lost 88-48 to Oregon Feb. 10).

Missouri St. was also within 3 points of Stanford with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter.

P.S. Just for the sake of comparison, Stanford beat the Lady Vols 95-85 earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Ummmm.....South Carolina or UConn?

Evidently, Tennessee.

Remember that some "sources" were guaranteeing "mass exodus" of players and recruits.

Instead, it appears that the players and their families are excitedly looking forward to the change. Also, contrary to those who wanted to hire outside of the LV legacy, maintaining that tradition was an important factor in staying the course.

Evidently, Tennessee.

Remember that some "sources" were guaranteeing "mass exodus" of players and recruits.

Instead, it appears that the players and their families are excitedly looking forward to the change. Also, contrary to those who wanted to hire outside of the LV legacy, maintaining that tradition was an important factor in staying the course.
KJH could totally restore the program and be wildly successful beyond most expectations and make Fulmer look like a genius. Anything is possible.

That’s funny because TN let them score 95 points and held them to 25% shooting for the game. Something had to be working (it wasn’t the offense though because BOTH steams shot horrible percentages and the score was LOW).

Last edited:
That’s funny because TN let them score 95 points and held them to 25% shooting for the game. Something had to be working (it wasn’t the offense though because BOTH steams shot horrible percentages and the score was LOW).

In all honesty I do think the MO State defense was better, but Stanford just couldn't hit a bucket in that game. It was hard to watch, they were getting open layups, open 3s, open mid-range and they just could not sink one. What really worked well for MO State in that game was Stanford's inability to hit a shot, not so much their defense, they were getting beat back door every other trip down the floor but Stanford could not finish.

Against the Lady Vols they had one of those "can't miss" kind of nights. Which happened a lot the last couple of years, teams still bring their A game anytime they play Tennessee, unfortunately the Lady Vols were playing their C game for about 30 minutes every game the last two years.

Harper's big win streak this last season does give me some confidence, because that means her teams can play consistent basketball when they get everything going. After starting 1-7 and then finishing so strong I do get a good feeling. Holly's teams had the opposite problem, run off 10 or 12 victories to start the season and then go on a big skid to start SEC play when games really counted. Hopefully Harper will carry over the importance of the latter part of the season. Holly was always so positive when they were winning and painted a nice, rosy picture, soon as they starter to lose she had no answers. Should have been criticizing their play even when they were beating cupcakes. Instead she said crap like "Stetson is a really good team." Should have been saying "we are a much butter team than how we played tonight, Stetson played tough, but we did not play our game and we have things to work on before SEC play starts."

At the very least I am confident we will get better press conferences out of KJH lol.

Last edited:
If we have the ability to hold teams to 60 points we'll win most of our games next season. Look at the games we lost that would've been wins if we could've held teams to 70 points.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
In all honesty I do think the MO State defense was better, but Stanford just couldn't hit a bucket in that game. It was hard to watch, they were getting open layups, open 3s, open mid-range and they just could not sink one. What really worked well for MO State in that game was Stanford's inability to hit a shot, not so much their defense, they were getting beat back door every other trip down the floor bu Stanford could not finish.

Against the Lady Vols they had one of those "can't miss" kind of nights. Which happened a lot the last couple of years, teams still bring their A game anytime they play Tennessee, unfortunately the Lady Vols were playing their C game for about 30 minutes every game the last two years.

Harper's big win streak this last season does give me some confidence, because that means her teams can play consistent basketball when they get everything going. After starting 1-7 and then finishing so strong I do get a good feeling. Holly's teams had the opposite problem, run off 10 or 12 victories to start the season and then go on a big skid to start SEC play when games really counted. Hopefully Harper will carry over the importance of the latter part of the season. Holly was always so positive when they were winning and painted a nice, rosy picture, soon as they starter to lose she had no answers. Should have been criticizing their play even when they were beating cupcakes. Instead she said crap like "Stetson is a really good team." Should have been saying "we are a much butter team than how we played tonight, Stetson played tough, but we did not play our game and we have things to work on before SEC play starts."

At the very least I am confident we will get better press conferences out of KJH lol.

A bad shooting day is below 40% below 30% seems like the defense had a lot to do with it (and the off shooting) especially because they were clogging the lanes for the pg and getting out on shooters.

A bad shooting day is below 40% below 30% seems like the defense had a lot to do with it (and the off shooting) especially because they were clogging the lanes for the pg and getting out on shooters.

I would challenge you to go watch that game and get back to me. It was ugly, poor defense and poor shooting.

If we have the ability to hold teams to 60 points we'll win most of our games next season. Look at the games we lost that would've been wins if we could've held teams to 70 points.

Exactly, last season we actually had enough offense to win plenty of games if only we had been able to keep other teams in check better. Almost every team we played scored at or above their season average for points. Hard to beat teams when you don't disrupt their normal flow. Ended up in a lot of close games that better defense would have won. Holly got out coached in those late game situations or we could have won half of those.

I think that was a gut reaction, to an emotional verbal response, made...JMO

Anyway, she did what a leader does, she took a bullet to try to make a difference.
I see it that way,
stay or go

Looks like 1or 2 more lady vols are on there way out according to XM radio i`m trying to confirm it but no luck yet.

VN Store

Back