Westbrook Gone

I totally agree. Clean house. Out of all the assistants, Dean is the one who MUST go. Our post play sucks. We need an assistant who can develop post players like at Iowa, Baylor, etc.

Agreed, this is the SEC, we have got to get our big girls playing like it. Baylor, MSST, Iowa and Oregon have all done a nice job developing post players. Graves used to rely heavily on interior play when he was at Gonzaga, he knows what he's doing.

We don't even need our posts to be superstars. We just need them to: 1. Keep the ball high 2. finish a layup 3. Move your feet and remain vertical

Not that hard.

Last edited:
All assistants need to go; none of them had answers. Although, Holly may not have been willing to listen to them.
I think Lockwood in particular needs to go. He was always all smiles when things were going terribly. If you read his bio he wasn't a successful head coach either.
He never got Russell anywhere close to playing like a #1 player. Granted our offense was terrible, but still. Russell never was aggressive enough and never developed a mean bone in her body.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
I don't know if she will get rid of Dean he has been here forever coached for DeVoe and Pat. He is kind of like the senile Grandfather you just keep putting up with. I much rather have Reeves than any of the others but hopefully we will have Assistants that can get the job done and get these players ready to play every game.

Just Reeves

Depending on how many players are gone, she may need to look at grad transfers.

There’s an abundance of transfers so she’ll have options. I don’t want any player here who doesn’t want to be here. If you’re unhappy, good riddance. This is a new regime. Shape up or ship out.

It would be nice if Reeves could stay.
"Reaves wasted little time demonstrating her abilities, spearheading Tennessee's approach in signing the No. 1 recruiting class with the 2017 group of Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah. She followed that with the No. 4-rated group in 2018, including Rae Burrell, Mimi Collins, Zaay Green and Jazmine Massengill, and the No. 8 class in 2019, including No. 2-ranked recruit Jordan Horston and 6-foot-5 inside players Tamari Key and Emily Saunders. Eight of those 11 were McDonald's All-Americans. "
I also get that she is a hot commodity and money talks.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
DP, any word on Horston, or any of the other recruits?

It doesn't look like Westbrook will be back...She was one unhappy camper.

Kellie will have a few fires to put out when she gets here.....She's a big girl, she can do it......Hope so.

I’m not DP but this was posted ... and her mom retweeted what Maria said about Horston

Attachments

• 107CAFE3-DBA6-4526-A085-0058E2C62FAC.png
    107CAFE3-DBA6-4526-A085-0058E2C62FAC.png
    461 KB · Views: 182
  • 53C1A430-6BCF-4CDC-8C0A-8D761F50837E.png
    53C1A430-6BCF-4CDC-8C0A-8D761F50837E.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 179
So excited our signees are on board! What a great group.
Interesting news from SC however, three players spit the bit and are leaving. Wonder if Staley encouraged that?

Reactions: SDV and VolBall09
Having everyone back and all the recruits coming in I really love this team. I can see them being a tough team to beat. The length of the two centers coming can't be underestimated and both have proven to be great shot blockers in high school. I really like Horston I know some posters don't think she will be great from the start but I think she will be fantastic from day one.

Reactions: PRG and VolBall09
It would be nice if Reeves could stay.
"Reaves wasted little time demonstrating her abilities, spearheading Tennessee's approach in signing the No. 1 recruiting class with the 2017 group of Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah. She followed that with the No. 4-rated group in 2018, including Rae Burrell, Mimi Collins, Zaay Green and Jazmine Massengill, and the No. 8 class in 2019, including No. 2-ranked recruit Jordan Horston and 6-foot-5 inside players Tamari Key and Emily Saunders. Eight of those 11 were McDonald's All-Americans. "
I also get that she is a hot commodity and money talks.
And what have they achieved so far! Not counting the 3 that are here yet it can be easily said that the others you mention here could be an obvious reason to not keep Reeve!

And what have they achieved so far! Not counting the 3 that are here yet it can be easily said that the others you mention here could be an obvious reason to not keep Reeve!
Exactly. On the one hand she has to be a recruiting Jedi to get 5 star players, as late as last year, to agree to come join the fun at Holly's playgroup. On the other hand, she may have the unfortunate uncanny ability to consistently find the highly rated recruits most likely to disappoint.

Reactions: PG1
Exactly. On the one hand she has to be a recruiting Jedi to get 5 star players, as late as last year, to agree to come join the fun at Holly's playgroup. On the other hand, she may have the unfortunate uncanny ability to consistently find the highly rated recruits most likely to disappoint.
Yep

It's like a Godzilla movie

One guy say hey look here and the whole crowd runs over,
next guy shouts over here and boom, the crowd jumps over there

Reeves is the one I would be on board keeping.

If Westbrook is leaving, I’m wondering why she is still working out with the team...like she was three hours ago.

I’m still going off what I heard. She, along with everyone, is coming back.

Drew Richmond entered the transfer portal in January and worked out with the football team until the day spring practice started. I expect they will all do so until if/when a departure decision is reached.

Anyone else find it interesting that there was never an article about Evina putting her name in the transfer portal? Lesser players have garnered articles. Maybe she has indicated she is likely to stay so they aren’t making a story out of it?

I’m reading into it too much, I know. She did time it well announcing in the biggest part of the tournament so the attention was focused elsewhere.

Reactions: Xraygurl

VN Store

Back