Westbrook Gone

Thinking through the math, if Barnes leaves and we get his 5 million buyout money, then we hire someone like Forbes and only have to pay a mill or so to get him out of his contract, then it's possible the men's job really could help across the board.

Hire Rick Byrd as a temporary solution....

I would add that the development around her seems to be stagnant as well. Players not playing up to their potential. Some players showing up one game, and the next they are no where to be found. I think she feels this which in turn causes her to do too much.

Wasn’t Westbrook Suspended for the Mississippi State game?

I wonder what Evina’s decision will be. I hope she stays knowing that KJH is our new head coach. M

I wonder what Evina’s decision will be. I hope she stays knowing that KJH is our new head coach. M

I’m not sure that she and a couple of others will be welcome to stay after some things that have gone on the last three weeks.

We’ll see if things can be resolved, but I’m not certain that it will be Harper’s decision to make.

I’m not sure that she and a couple of others will be welcome to stay after some things that have gone on the last three weeks.

We’ll see if things can be resolved, but I’m not certain that it will be Harper’s decision to make.

Hmmm..this is different than what I have been told, but I will defer to you on this.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I want everyone to stay or go according to what's best for them and best for the program. No one has SHOWN the "talent" to be begged to stay, especially if they are going to be poison pills to the new team chemistry. So very important KJH is able to start with kids who are sure they want to be here.

In the end, all are victims of an epically bad decision in our last hire. All the kids, including Westbrook, got caught up in the final act of an absolute sh&tstorm which wasted a big portion of their careers. So I sincerely hope they all find success and happiness wherever they land.

On a practical note, I wonder if Westbrook leaving makes Horston coming more likely. No doubt the PG job would be hers to lose; unless Massengill has a magic transformation over the summer Horston would have zero competition for the spot.

I wish the current Lady Vol players could reach out to current MSU Lady Bears and ask them what they think of Coach Harper. From what I’ve seen and heard from them in various clips, they all appeared to have utmost respect for her.

It would be great if those positive quotes could be assembled and distributed to the team...especially the quotes saying how Kellie knows how to reach each individual player to help them reach their goals and maximize talent.

Heck, I wish Catch, Kara, Chamique, Abby, Candace, and any other former player who wants to see the program restored would fly in and address the team and challenge them to rise to greatness...in no uncertain terms.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

The best way to slow a cancer down is get rid of as much as you can early. Don't know who you are referring too but I can think of at least 2 plus evina. Hope Phil takes care of it now and Kellie can go on and not worry about back stabbing! JMHO as always!

The best way to slow a cancer down is get rid of as much as you can early. Don't know who you are referring too but I can think of at least 2 plus evina. Hope Phil takes care of it now and Kellie can go on and not worry about back stabbing! JMHO as always!

Perhaps cancer is not the best metaphor. Classes misbehave when teachers are not able to impose discipline and command respect. I would love to these conflicts resolved through a culture change and keep this group together so we can finally see what they are capable of.

Te'a Cooper was branded a cancer on this board as well and she seems to be fitting in quite nicely at USC. Same for Diamond in the WNBA.

A culture change can make a world of difference.

Last edited:
I will say that academics did start to slide and take a back seat last year, which is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE at Tennessee. If you come here, you will graduate. If that isn't in your plan, don't come to Tennessee.

I will say that academics did start to slide and take a back seat last year, which is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE at Tennessee. If you come here, you will graduate. If that isn't in your plan, don't come to Tennessee.

Agreed! It is absolutely about getting that degree at the end of the day. That one little piece of paper will open more doors in most of their careers than basketball ever will.

Perhaps cancer is not the best metaphor. Classes misbehave when teachers are not able to impose discipline and command respect. I would love to these conflicts resolved through a culture change and keep this group together so we can finally see what they are capable of.

Te'a Cooper was branded a cancer on this board as well and she seems to be fitting in quite nicely at USC. Same for Diamond in the WNBA.

Maybe cancer is extensive to use but you get the gist! Well we have had those in the past and not sure that we hear about them or care when they land in their promise land!

Curious, does anyone know where Westbrook sits on the list of turnovers by a Lady Vol point guard?

Perhaps cancer is not the best metaphor. Classes misbehave when teachers are not a able to impose discipline and command respect. I would love to these conflicts resolved through a culture change and keep this group together so we can finally see what they are capable of.

I also know from personal experience from being in a very bad work environment for three years, a change of scenery definitely does good. I also know that those still involved with your former environment will do anything to save face for themselves and throw you under the bus at every opportunity after you are gone. It happens everywhere, and the more negative and miserable the environment was, the worse it is.

Not saying Holly did this, but people who work from within the UTAD will continue to cover and make excuses for Holly in any way they can, because they know the writing was on the wall for some time before she was finally let go. If that means players are continually thrown under the bus, so be it. They did it to Elzy, too, and made her out to be the boogeyman, when in reality there was blame to go around on all sides during her tenure here.

Reactions: ttharp

Diamond, has been awesome with the Chicago Sky. Te’a was the leading scorer for the team this year and if I read correctly she will be coming back for antiheroes year.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back