Westbrook Gone

I wonder if she'll be able to appeal to play right away. A Westbrook/Ionescu backcourt at Oregon would be intriguing.

I absolutely think she will and I think the NCAA will approve it.

It's really bad because we play at one of the Oregon schools next year as her homecoming game.

I wonder if she'll be able to appeal to play right away. A Westbrook/Ionescu backcourt at Oregon would be intriguing.
She can use the " I was brainwashed for 2 years by those southern hillbillies" excuse and be instantly eligible with the loopholes in the transfer portal!!! Can of worms that needs to be closed up and dropped in the ocean!

I absolutely think she will and I think the NCAA will approve it.

It's really bad because we play at one of the Oregon schools next year as her homecoming game.

Even so, there's no harm in having Oregon or Ore St. on the schedule. Both are excellent teams, and the OOC schedule has been pretty weak for a few years. Unfortunately, it would be on the road and possibly against Evina instead of with her o_O

Until may 28th and the new enrollment will be waiting to see what the final roster will look like. There may be other changes to the roster. Tennessee may also look for a Grad Transfer or two we'll see how this all plays out. Evina could still stay and then again Louisville could make room for her and accept her immediately he will find someone to take off his roster if she wants to play there.

I wish Evina the best at her next school. Without her, Tennessee would have lost a lot more games last year.

I hope she is happy wherever she ends up.

I agree! I personally hate to see her leave. She’s going to be like others who left and have flourished once they left Holly’s coachless and ineffective system. Also, losing creates a toxic environment and who knows what went on in the locker room with teammates. Add to that Holly’s inability to control her team on the court, much less off, and its hard to put the blame on Evina.

I predict she’s going to kill it at her next stop and under the right system, her turnovers will diminish and she’ll shine and be an All-American.

Nothing but good luck and well-wishes to her!

A good player that I hate to see leave. We can only hope it's an addition by subtraction situation. Kellie needs to go to the portal and find a fearless penetrator who can break done a defense and a good 3 ball shooter would be a bonus. I'll take a Bobbit clone if there is one out there.

I agree! I personally hate to see her leave. She’s going to be like others who left and have flourished once they left Holly’s coachless and ineffective system.

Who are these “others” you speak of besides Alexa? Who all transferred to different colleges under Holly’s tenure and flourished?

Reactions: Nickid1975
Who are these “others” you speak of besides Alexa? Who all transferred to different colleges under Holly’s tenure and flourished?

Annie Hayes is going to KILL IT at MTSU. I have no doubt about that.

Cooper had a good year at USC, but I feel she could've done that at Tennessee too.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
W

Cooper had a good year at USC, but I feel she could've done that at Tennessee too.

What guards can they go after with immediate eligibility. TN needs another scoring guard ASAP

W

What guards can they go after with immediate eligibility. TN needs another scoring guard ASAP

Stephanie Watts a grad transfer from North Carolina would be a really nice addition. She can burn you from 3, kind of a streaky shooter. But streaky in the way that she might be 1-5 on Friday and 9-11 on Sunday, which I don't mind. She's also got good size and can finish off the bounce.

Marta Sniezek a grad transfer from Stanford would be worth a look as well, she's not as much of a scorer, but she is a very poised lead guard who could provide instant leadership at the PG spot and free up other players to score.

Annie killed it at Tennessee and didn’t transfer due to Holly. Cooper’s number were slightly better at USC but it appears she would have improved at the same rate at Tennessee and she’s transferring again so that’s not really a success story.

It's confirmed. She is transferring. Kellie's statement is below:

"Evina and I met to discuss her future, and she shared with me that she has decided to transfer. We wish her well."

Ohhhhhhh. :(
I was really, reeeaaaalllly hoping she’d stay. But after all that has happened, I understand why she’d feel like a fresh start somewhere else is the way to go. And unlike what many will probably think, I’m sure that coming to this decision was difficult for her, because I still remember the stories about the pure joy and excitement that she had about be oming a Lady Vol. She grew up and find out just how awful and hateful adults can be be, instead.

Hope Evina Westbrook goes on the become the award-winning player she’s capable of being, wherever that is.

VN Store

Back