Westbrook and Jennifer Sullivan

It clear Sullivan is not the recruiter Sharrona Reeves because KJH is looking for one. Also looks like Reeves to meet with jeff waltz in the coming weeks sirius xm radio sports basketball

Reactions: RollerVol
Sounds more to me like Evina has no idea if she wants to stay or go based on that little blurb. I agree with Harper that she needs to go ahead and make up her mind though. It is very distracting for the other players and takes away from moving forward. Sounds to me like they had the "you're either in, or you're out" talk.

Would love to see her stay, but I agree that she needs to make a decision one way or the other sooner rather than later. Either way the team needs to be able to go ahead and move forward, with or without her.

I want so very much for Westbrook to stay. I want her to stay because I want her to be able to be the successful, proud Lady Vol she was looking forward to becoming the day she signed her LOI years ago. She'll have the opportunity erase the sadness and replace it with excitement and success. I don't want her to leave on a sour note. :confused:

I am betting she stays. A new sherrif is in town and a transfer costs a year of eligibility.

That's my bet too, I suspect KJH can sense this and is trying to force her hand to get her to make a decision instead of keeping the whole team on edge for another month and a half.

ND picked up Destinee Walker from North Carolina today. I suspect that is where Evina wants to go if she does leave based on her final recruiting choices and current rosters.

Walker will be a grad transfer who can play immediately having sat out the 18-19 season with an injury. She will be able to play immediately with two years of eligibility remaining while Evina would have to sit a season, makes it less likely that Evina would move right into the starting line-up if that spot is already filled by Walker. Walker is a talented player at the guard spot and will do well at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Really if Kellie wants an answer she can make it for Evina if she wants to. Stay or go but lets get with the program. I felt after Holly left she would stay but her mother may say go. This so called transfer portal is a can of worms already. I am with Kellie all the way. If ZG is in trouble then she chose that road not anyone else. JMHO as always!

It clear Sullivan is not the recruiter Sharrona Reeves because KJH is looking for one. Also looks like Reeves to meet with jeff waltz in the coming weeks sirius xm radio sports basketball

Sharonna Reaves was responsible for the top recruiting classes of the past two years and the incoming class. She is the only member of the former staff that is really important. She is far better than Sullivan. Sullivan will be gone from UT in couple of years to a head coaching position, so why not keep Reaves? There are plenty of teams that will be bidding for Reaves. It is sad that we have to lose her. Reaves could stay head to head with all the big name coaches....shame that the decision of Harper is not to retain her.

Westbrook does not know yet cause she is waiting to hear from Coaches from other schools she wants to go to! Is this so hard to grasp!

Sharonna Reaves was responsible for the top recruiting classes of the past two years and the incoming class. She is the only member of the former staff that is really important. She is far better than Sullivan. Sullivan will be gone from UT in couple of years to a head coaching position, so why not keep Reaves? There are plenty of teams that will be bidding for Reaves. It is sad that we have to lose her. Reaves could stay head to head with all the big name coaches....shame that the decision of Harper is not to retain her.
From out standpoint I agree but we don't know if and or how much Reeves was involved with the chaos of the last coach. I would love to keep her but Kellie may not have the option and Phil may have relayed it to her in the interview process.

Westbrook does not know yet cause she is waiting to hear from Coaches from other schools she wants to go to! Is this so hard to grasp!

Several people have commented on similarities between Kellie and Pat. Let me suggest that this is one of those instances of similarity. I believe that, under circumstances like these, Pat would have a heart-to-heart conversation and say "Either you want to be a Lady Vol, or you want to explore your options. You can't have both, so make a decision." I might be wrong, but it sounds like that is Kellie's position.

Jim

Westbrook does not know yet cause she is waiting to hear from Coaches from other schools she wants to go to! Is this so hard to grasp![/QUOTE

Notre Dame already has a transfer! Two leaving Ga. Tech. And Evina’s is waiting!!!!

She knew where she wanted to go before she made the decision to put her name in the portal...... Her interest had already been told to whatever schools she was interested in .....

Does anyone think the announcement of these recent transferred players just happened today? Louisville and ND probably knew about their new transfers before they left the final four games ...,, JMO

If Evian is waiting on someone to ask her to transfer ...... It’s toooooo late ! 🤔

No it is not and Kellie should tell her that she is out . I want her to stay but why do we wait and it is out of our control!

Ya know, considering how overpromised, and then under-coached, Westbrook's first two seasons were, I find I'm willing to be a lot more patient about this situation than if something like this had happened years ago. Honestly, the young woman has taken some huge lumps for the Lady Vols basketball program. I kinda feel like we owe her a little extra patience and understanding.

Ya know, considering how overpromised, and then under-coached, Westbrook's first two seasons were, I find I'm willing to be a lot more patient about this situation than if something like this had happened years ago. Honestly, the young woman has taken some huge lumps for the Lady Vols basketball program. I kinda feel like we owe her a little extra patience and understanding.

Westbrook deserves absolutely NO SPECIAL TREATMENT despite the "huge lumps", you proclaim, she has taken for the Lady Vols basketball program.

VN Store

Back