Westbrook and Jennifer Sullivan

I agree, I think she's headed back west. I don't see Geno being interested, he just made recent comments about many coaches being afraid of his players and that's why he recruits how he does. I can hardly imagine he would want to add a player into the mix who had at least some hand in getting her previous coach fired. Too much drama there for Geno.

And when was the last time Geno took a transfer at all? It's extremely rare.

He's taken several the last few years, Azura Stevens and Batouly Camara before that he took Natalie Butler as a transfer. Not super common, but in recent years he seems to be more open to it. This next year I think he has to pick up a transfer and the person he brings in will need to be productive right away.

If Evina goes to UConn and is granted immediate eligibility, then their chances at another NC just went way up. Sadly.

I have no idea whether Evina would be interested but I very much doubt that UConn would consider her. And it isn't so much what she has done on and off the court, but her family's actions and statements that would be problematic.

Right now with the three incoming freshmen our roster is at 11. The Australian girl can sign tomorrow would put us back at 12.

PG-Horston, Massengill
SG-Burrell, Green, Rennie
C-Key, Saunders, Harris
PF-KK, Collins
WF-Davis, Brown

Right now with the three incoming freshmen our roster is at 11. The Australian girl can sign tomorrow would put us back at 12.

PG-Horston, Massengill
SG-Burrell, Green, Rennie
C-Key, Saunders, Harris
PF-KK, Collins
WF-Davis, Brown
I think she will !

He took the girl from Georgetown (6’5”) and also the transfer from Kentucky and she is still in the roster. He is not the coaches from the bluegrass state but he has taken some lately. I think those two and Dawn have had more transfers.

He took the girl from Georgetown (6’5”) and also the transfer from Kentucky and she is still in the roster. He is not the coaches from the bluegrass state but he has taken some lately. I think those two and Dawn have had more transfers.
I'd look for him to take a transfer or two this season he has a very small roster and only one recruit coming in.

All I ever wanted is the same thing as you do......we just think the way back is different. But in the end we want the same thing.
Good! Sometimes...it doesn’t read that way with you. All revengeful, ultimate victory kind of stuff. Glad I’m wrong about you.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
Good grief! Wish the young lady well and get over yourself with the snide comments. Hopefully, it will be best for all involved, but show some class.
You, too. She’s gone. Already liked the comment wishing her well, and I do. That last game she helped give away with a turnover near the end, appeared she played some games depending on her mood. Good luck to her wherever she goes. 🙂

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I am not the biggest fan of this hire but I can say that and try to be optimistic and objective at the same time.

This program has been running amok for years and was a cluster under CHW. It was probably not a fun place to play because of the lack of winning. So to compensate for the inadequaciea, CHW was nice to and the players did almost what they wanted to. You could see it in their play.

CKJH has to lay down the rules immediately, respectful but tough. This is not the program you've seen over the last few years. There's going to be some changes starting with who is really running it. Either the player is in or out but it's one of the other. And if you're in then get ready to work your butt off like never before. The ones that don't buy in can hit the bricks.

I like it.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
@mtsuraider06 @DeerPark12 Do y’all think that Kellie has reached out to current player’s parents in regards to her intention of putting the “student” back in “student athlete” where it should’ve been last season?

Also do you think we are done as far as roster movement goes?

@mtsuraider06 @DeerPark12 Do y’all think that Kellie has reached out to current player’s parents in regards to her intention of putting the “student” back in “student athlete” where it should’ve been last season?

Also do you think we are done as far as roster movement goes?

Here’s what I know about the academic situation. And I’ve tried to avoid it because another thread got into a specific player’s grades and I don’t think that’s right to do.

The Thornton Center fired the academic counselor over women’s basketball because of the tire fire that was their academic performance this year. The coaching staff was unaware of the depth of the problem until near the end of the fall semester. I understand that many people here will find that unbelievable, but coaches are two steps removed from their players’ academics per University policy to prevent tampering. Professors, tutors and advisors report in to the academic counselor over each sport and the academic counselor prepares a report for the head coach at the midterm and the end of each semester. The report given to the coaching staff at the midterm of fall semester was misleading at best. When the grades came in at the end of fall semester, there were punishments handed down and that didn’t sit well with some of the players that needed it the most.

That’s really all I can say without breaking a confidence and getting into the situations of specific players. Ultimately, all of those things rest at the feet of the coaching staff, and I believe the overall lack of discipline and responsibility directly fueled the fall off. But the person the University found responsible was let go before the coaching staff was.

VN Store

Back