We're comin'

Ill have to see us actually not choke in critical situations first. Been waiting over half my life for that btw.

There is a difference in choking because of stupid calls and bad plays vs just not having enough talent to sub in th 4th QTR and our D and O just being gassed. Even without some of our best players in this game.

This is not a moral victory but it is a taste of what the Hype can do with a team that only won 4 games last year and only has something like 72 scholarships (and many key injuries). They played hard for 3 QTRs and we were in it with one of the best teams in the country. We start recruiting at the level we need to and we do have a bright future.

Yeah I'd pump the brakes on that. Played well til depth caught up and the mistakes became too much to overcome... Staff has done a decent job with the hand they were dealt..

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
There is a difference in choking because of stupid calls and bad plays vs just not having enough talent to sub in th 4th QTR and our D and O just being gassed. Even without some of our best players in this game.

This is not a moral victory but it is a taste of what the Hype can do with a team that only won 4 games last year and only has something like 72 scholarships (and many key injuries). They played hard for 3 QTRs and we were in it with one of the best teams in the country. We start recruiting at the level we need to and we do have a bright future.

Sure but there were a fair amount of stupid plays and calls in there. It was far from a clean game from us.

I dont care what you call me. Getting blown out by 30+ by Bama and saying "were coming" is ridiculous.

No, it's not. We're undermanned, playing with beaten up players, self-inflicted penalties are our bane, but our boys went down swinging. For 3.5 quarters, we made Bam-Bam feel they could lose the game before they stiffened. As a matter-of-fact, one of Bama's TDs wasn't. The guy fumbled the ball right at the goal line, but once again a zebra shafted us. If a team in condition ours is, can do as well as they did for as long as they did, just imagine if we had the healthy bodies and the numbers of bodies to send out on that field. You may be ashamed of our Vols, I, however, am not.

This is not a moral victory but it is a taste of what the Hype can do with a team that only won 4 3 games last year and only has something like 72 scholarships (and many key injuries). They played hard for 3 QTRs and we were in it with one of the best teams in the country. We start recruiting at the level we need to and we do have a bright future.
FIFY

If the UT has 4oz of brains, they will do whatever is needed to keep Heupel & staff rooted at Tennessee. Two reasonable recruiting classes, even if ranked # 15 - 20 nationally, we will be knocking or kicking down the NC door. Just look what they did with an undermanned, razor-thin team!

For 3.5 quarters, the equivalent of a middleweight fighter went toe to toe with a Joe Louis-Butterbean-Mike Tyson hybrid and did well enough to make their manager, Saban, sweat and swear in utter frustration. Yes, we're coming, hope I live to see it, but we're coming.
You do realize that even this undermanned razor thin team, was still considered to have the 19th most talent in FBS per the team talent composite pre-season, don't you?

2021 College Football Team Talent Composite

Heupel has just got them to play like they have some talent, which is more than Pruitt ever did admittedly. # 15 to # 20 ranked classes won't have us knocking on the NC door, we need Top 5's, 10 at a minimum, 3-4 years in a row. It'll probably be several years before we're capable of that because of this NCAA mess, but we're headed in the right direction. Just consistently beat the bad teams on our schedule for a few years is what we need to do, do that consistently and maybe we'll be ready to move on to the next step. I'm encouraged, but we got a ways to go.

Reactions: House of Neyland

VN Store

Back