We're comin'

Question - do you think Tennessee is better this year or any of the last 3 years with Pruitt? Yeah, you already know the answer.

Oh. come on, good man. That's been overtly stated here on VN in various threads, repeatedly. Perhaps a better question would be, how soon will we begin our return to relevance campaign with a minimum of 10 wins in a season? I dare say by year three of the Heupel era IF IF IF the UT has the good sense to lock in the current coach and staff. These guys got players marching onto the field with hearts of Bengal tigers and the souls of salt water crocodiles. I practically pity the teams those third-year Vols play. Not much, though, I want them to maul, crush, stomp, and rip opponents to make up for our years of being ridiculed and disrespected. Get 'em, Smokey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Ok maybe you should tell that to someone who is a uva fan
Your username has confuse me and perhaps others then. People see uvavol and assume it has something to do with being a fan of uva and the Vols. Perhaps you just live in Charlottesville or work for uva.

My username (VolsFan-TX) indicates that I am a Vols with something to do with TX. I actually live in TX.

If the UT has 4oz of brains, they will do whatever is needed to keep Heupel & staff rooted at Tennessee. Two reasonable recruiting classes, even if ranked # 15 - 20 nationally, we will be knocking or kicking down the NC door. Just look what they did with an undermanned, razor-thin team!

For 3.5 quarters, the equivalent of a middleweight fighter went toe to toe with a Joe Louis-Butterbean-Mike Tyson hybrid and did well enough to make their manager, Saban, sweat and swear in utter frustration. Yes, we're coming, hope I live to see it, but we're coming.
May be coming, may be not. Heupel definitely had the lads (mostly) ready to play in a hostile environment. UMiss game showed they don't quit. This is a good, not great Bama team. They will lose another game if they play like they did last night.

May be coming, may be not. Heupel definitely had the lads (mostly) ready to play in a hostile environment. UMiss game showed they don't quit. This is a good, not great Bama team. They will lose another game if they play like they did last night.
cool. thanks for the insight

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
The only reason ‘bama covered was we went for it on 4th on our own 25. Beldar would have laid down there with a “try to keep the score close” punt, Heupel says let’s ride there. You tell me who we’re in better hands with.

Oh. come on, good man. That's been overtly stated here on VN in various threads, repeatedly. Perhaps a better question would be, how soon will we begin our return to relevance campaign with a minimum of 10 wins in a season? I dare say by year three of the Heupel era IF IF IF the UT has the good sense to lock in the current coach and staff. These guys got players marching onto the field with hearts of Bengal tigers and the souls of salt water crocodiles. I practically pity the teams those third-year Vols play. Not much, though, I want them to maul, crush, stomp, and rip opponents to make up for our years of being ridiculed and disrespected. Get 'em, Smokey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heupel is locked in through 2027. Exactly how much more locked in does he need to be? There will still be 3 years on his contract and there are escalators built in for successful seasons.

The assistants are inherently more migratory in nature but replacing assistants is always an ongoing thing for successful programs.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
And Saban said they better get their mistakes corrected during the bye week because they play a “real” team in 2 weeks—LSU.

Heupel is locked in through 2027. Exactly how much more locked in does he need to be? There will still be 3 years on his contract and there are escalators built in for successful seasons.

The assistants are inherently more migratory in nature but replacing assistants is always an ongoing thing for successful programs.

Fair enough. Meanwhile, get 'em, Smokey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
iu

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I like what I'm seeing. Coach hype is learning what it takes in year one. He's a quick learner, and this staff has croots looking out of the corner of their eye. We get some bodies in here and give him a season of in game mistakes and it's on. This staff is VERY competitive, NOT intemedated, and is fully vested. They got a taste for blood and they want more now.

Did anyone notice that coach looked like maybe he and the boys were a little emotional before the presser? Sure looked like it. Hooker had tears in his eyes in fourth. You could see it on tv.

Get run over or get out of the way, I don't really give a damn. But we're comin'!

GO VOLS!!!!!
AMEN, Sister!

This coaching staff has put the excitement back into Tennessee Football. If we ever get back to 85 scholarship players (depth), it' will be on like Donkey Kong!

GO
BIG
ORANGE!

My overwhelming takeaway from yesterday is that we have a legit QB1. This looks like a completely different team than I've seen in recent years. I can realistically see UT completing for conference titles in the near future.

Get run over or get out of the way, I don't really give a damn. But we're comin'!

GO VOLS!!!!!
Walking wounded university should be 6-2 right now with a little more depth! Pitt and Ole Miss are really good and we could have won both those games. Took Bama deep in the game when no one was giving us a chance! This coaching staff is building already. Our first team can hang with anybody and that is amazing! With a couple of deep recruiting classes and a few quality transfers we can be back competing for titles!

CJH is showing he can at least play with the big boys. He’ll need to improve some and recruit at a high level but for the first time in awhile I feel like our head coach can do both.

Your username has confuse me and perhaps others then. People see uvavol and assume it has something to do with being a fan of uva and the Vols. Perhaps you just live in Charlottesville or work for uva.

My username (VolsFan-TX) indicates that I am a Vols with something to do with TX. I actually live in TX.
Many years ago, my friends and i had a rental car with a Va license plate. The fellas we had to park beside before the game were already passed losing cognitive skills 6 hours before the game and looking for some confrontation where ever they could find it. I really don’t understand it to this day but for what ever reason they started running there mouths and one hollered “You Va Vol” over and over before we even got out of the car. When my buddy the former Tn 4th string OT came rolling out of this rental car those fellas weren’t running their mouths anymore. I’ve read this forum a lot longer than I’ve been a member for pretty much the same reason. People get their feelings hurt and dont even know why.

Reactions: mickey1969
No, I get it. I thought the first three quarters tonight were somewhat promising. The team has clearly played above their talent level this season, and they've been fun to watch.... for the most part.
Attrition is a very real thing.

Once we don’t try and run up the middle out of the shotgun on an obvious running down I’ll believe it.

Seriously, I'm shocked at some of these comments lol. I guess this is where our expectations are now

There is nothing wrong with a fan expressing optimism and hope because of the progress they see from these coaches and players.

Why do you care? A fan base is made up of all kinds…. 😆 🤪 😭 🤯 Including internet trolls 🥸.

Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back