We're comin'

What guy? Lol. With all due respect to you, (you're an awesome member of the fourm) We gotta win a couple these big games before "We coming". Alabama is gonna end up covering a massive spread, it ain't nothing to be giddy over. I saw Butch Jones beat a top 10 team in year one. I saw Pruitt go on the road and beat Auburn, a program we hadn't beat in 20 years in year one. We know how both of those ended. I'm not "being that guy" by understanding the situation. Yes it was impressive we went toe to toe for 50 mins given the roster. But at the end of the day, we still broke in critical situations. I'm not gonna bash anyone, because it was the expected result. But I'm not gonna be thrilled either
I’ll give you Butch but that Auburn team was overrated and garbage.
GBO!!

I think he is the best coach we have had since Major as I think CPF was all Cut.

The issue is he must recruit much better and get much better in third down play calling or we will not improve much from year one to year 2 or 3.

His over all scheming is much better but in every game so far, going back to the Pitt game, his play calling in critical moments has not been very good.

If he can shore up those two things and get a few top 15 classes under his belt he will do very well here. He must have a much better line though and a QB who is faster.

I think he is the best coach we have had since Major as I think CPF was all Cut.

The issue is he must recruit much better and get much better in third down play calling or we will not improve much from year one to year 2 or 3.

His over all scheming is much better but in every game so far, going back to the Pitt game, his play calling in critical moments has not been very good.

If he can shore up those two things and get a few top 15 classes under his belt he will do very well here. He must have a much better line though and a QB who is faster.
An injury free Hooker is fast enough.

Not decisive enough. He seems decide to run just a second too late. Multiple times had major yardage but he delayed just too long before taking off.

Maybe I am wrong though.
I’m not saying he is perfect but certainly good enough for this offense. Today it was obvious he still had lingering injury issues which affected his decision making to run.

Like I've stated before, CJH has alread accomplished the goal for year one. We are gonna win at minimum 6 games. Anything else is gravy, that's why not gonna freak out, but the moral victory stuff is sickening. It's not in my DNA, I can't stand that stuff. Lmao and even if I didn't care, there's no moral victory here anyways. 28 point losses to Bama is just more of the same.
We got beat by what I expected but even my 16 year old granddaughter can tell were a different than past teams.

Reactions: kcvols1
I’m not saying he is perfect but certainly good enough for this offense. Today it was obvious he still had lingering injury issues which affected his decision making to run.

Here is my point. If we had the Ole Miss QB do you think we beat Ole Miss and maybe Bama?

I think actually best both. Tonight was that close. Just needed a few extended drives.

I see a 7 game win streak and miracle bowl win in our future…? no,wait, nevermind.

I think people who know how to look are going to see that TN is on the upswing. He is coaching people up and the team is fighting again. That brings recruits. Dont know if we get past KY but if we keep at it like this, we do have a shot.

I am really excited to see what we pick up in recruits and next years team

I think people who know how to look are going to see that TN is on the upswing. He is coaching people up and the team is fighting again. That brings recruits. Dont know if we get past KY but if we keep at it like this, we do have a shot.

I am really excited to see what we pick up in recruits and next years team
I was just joking. I feel better about Heupel now then at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Gandalf
You do realize that even this undermanned razor thin team, was still considered to have the 19th most talent in FBS per the team talent composite pre-season, don't you?

2021 College Football Team Talent Composite

Heupel has just got them to play like they have some talent, which is more than Pruitt ever did admittedly. # 15 to # 20 ranked classes won't have us knocking on the NC door, we need Top 5's, 10 at a minimum, 3-4 years in a row. It'll probably be several years before we're capable of that because of this NCAA mess, but we're headed in the right direction. Just consistently beat the bad teams on our schedule for a few years is what we need to do, do that consistently and maybe we'll be ready to move on to the next step. I'm encouraged, but we got a ways to go.

Seems we are agreeing, but your post reads as if we disagree. I'll just lay it down to either your phrasing or my own lack of reading comprehension, and just assume we're both sort of saying, "GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seems we are agreeing, but your post reads as if we disagree. I'll just lay it down to either your phrasing or my own lack of reading comprehension, and just assume we're both sort of saying, "GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We mostly agree I think, all I'm saying is we do have more talent than I think most people realize. We just have a coach who can bring some of it out (unlike these kids former coach, his bald predecessor, lol).

Ill have to see us actually not choke in critical situations first. Been waiting over half my life for that btw.

There is a difference between choking and getting beat by a better opponent. It might help for you to learn that.

VN Store

Back