We're comin'

What guy? Lol. With all due respect to you, (you're an awesome member of the fourm) We gotta win a couple these big games before "We coming". Alabama is gonna end up covering a massive spread, it ain't nothing to be giddy over. I saw Butch Jones beat a top 10 team in year one. I saw Pruitt go on the road and beat Auburn, a program we hadn't beat in 20 years in year one. We know how both of those ended. I'm not "being that guy" by understanding the situation. Yes it was impressive we went toe to toe for 50 mins given the roster. But at the end of the day, we still broke in critical situations. I'm not gonna bash anyone, because it was the expected result. But I'm not gonna be thrilled either
I’m not one for moral victories, but you gotta admit, if Heupel can recruit we’re gonna be able to play with anybody. Dudes a hell of a play schemer.

Mathis staff has taken a long him roster of rag tag players and is developing them. Tecruiting knock is a false argument when you factor in the past year. Im
Just gonna call you CNN from here on out

I dont care what you call me. Getting blown out by 30+ by Bama and saying "were coming" is ridiculous.

If the UT has 4oz of brains, they will do whatever is needed to keep Heupel & staff rooted at Tennessee. Two reasonable recruiting classes, even if ranked # 15 - 20 nationally, we will be knocking or kicking down the NC door. Just look what they did with an undermanned, razor-thin team!

For 3.5 quarters, the equivalent of a middleweight fighter went toe to toe with a Joe Louis-Butterbean-Mike Tyson hybrid and did well enough to make their manager, Saban, sweat and swear in utter frustration. Yes, we're coming, hope I live to see it, but we're coming.

We’ll always just be coming u til we win a few of them. Tonight was such a phenomenal opportunity. Hey didn’t play well and weren’t up for the game. We needed to throw the ball more and we really needed to go for it on that 4th and 1 at mid field. We have up a scoring opportunity for 25 yards of field position. It was a gutless call

Reactions: House of Neyland
I’m not one for moral victories, but you gotta admit, if Heupel can recruit we’re gonna be able to play with anybody. Dudes a hell of a play schemer.

Like I've stated before, CJH has alread accomplished the goal for year one. We are gonna win at minimum 6 games. Anything else is gravy, that's why not gonna freak out, but the moral victory stuff is sickening. It's not in my DNA, I can't stand that stuff. Lmao and even if I didn't care, there's no moral victory here anyways. 28 point losses to Bama is just more of the same.

What guy? Lol. With all due respect to you, (you're an awesome member of the fourm) We gotta win a couple these big games before "We coming". Alabama is gonna end up covering a massive spread, it ain't nothing to be giddy over. I saw Butch Jones beat a top 10 team in year one. I saw Pruitt go on the road and beat Auburn, a program we hadn't beat in 20 years in year one. We know how both of those ended. I'm not "being that guy" by understanding the situation. Yes it was impressive we went toe to toe for 50 mins given the roster. But at the end of the day, we still broke in critical situations. I'm not gonna bash anyone, because it was the expected result. But I'm not gonna be thrilled either
If you can’t be excited by progress, that’s your problem.

How is the future looking good? I'm genuinely curious

1) the team in player harder than last year (not exactly saying much)

2) offense is scoring more

That's all I can really see. Recruiting is below average so far (Huepels biggest knock by UCF fans). Defense is very suspect, 3rd down is terrible. Receivers running open all over the place the last few weeks. Suspect play calling on 3rd and short.
And we lost how many players?

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Like I've stated before, CJH has alread accomplished the goal for year one. We are gonna win at minimum 6 games. Anything else is gravy, that's why not gonna freak out, but the moral victory stuff is sickening. It's not in my DNA, I can't stand that stuff. Lmao
The term moral victory is only used by one side. It's just about recognizing the improvements on the field by both coaches and players this year, considering everything we lost.

It just shows how starved this fanbase is for success that threads like this even exist in a game in which you've been fed a 50 burger. I'm really glad Beldar is gone, and I'm encouraged by the fight in this team, but we've still got a long way to go. A long way. The only way to close this gap is recruiting, and until this NCAA thing is resolved we really don't have a chance to START digging out of that hole.

With an actual full roster with literally any depth - which for this team is just a matter of time - this is a very different game

Id like say that as well but us old vol fans been saying this for 15 plus years. Thats a fact. Your giving conjecture

It just shows how starved this fanbase is of success that threads like this even exist in a game in which you've been fed a 50 burger. I'm really glad Beldar is gone, and I'm encouraged by the fight in this team, but we've still got a long way to go. A long way. The only way to close this gap is recruiting, and until this NCAA thing is resolved we really don't have a chance to START digging out of that hole.
We are Comin!

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
The term moral victory is only used by one side. It's just about recognizing the improvements on the field by both coaches and players this year, considering everything we lost.

I'm happy with team overall this year, I think you'd be foolish not to be. But yeah I mean, I feel the same about the team now as I did before this game. It didn't improve any. Just stayed the same. It's clear to me this team doesn't have enough to beat UGA, but UK is doable. It'll be a very similar game to the Ole Miss game. Hope we can win it, need a big win in year one to really sell recruits. There's no evidence "were coming" (aka win a big game) until we actually come a little though. Lol I'm sorry if the way I put that is ban worthy 🤣

Reactions: uvavol
It's easy to see the attitude and fight of the team are rapidly improving. We just went toe to toe for 3 quarters in Tuscaloosa while starting walk-on OL and having 0 depth at linebacker. Those two areas really hurt us tonight. The schemes are there and so is the improvement. The final score sucks but tonight there was hope in the 2nd half rather than Bama just riding out another laugher the whole 2nd half like they did to Ole Miss a few weeks ago.

I'm happy with team overall this year, I think you'd be foolish not to be. But yeah I mean, I feel the same about the team now as I did before this game. It didn't improve any. Just stayed the same. It's clear to me this team doesn't have enough to beat UGA, but UK is doable. It'll be a very similar game to the Ole Miss game. Hope we can win it, need a big win in year one to really sell recruits. There's no evidence "were coming" (aka win a big game) until we actually come a little though. Lol I'm sorry if the way I put that is ban worthy 🤣
No, I get it. I thought the first three quarters tonight were somewhat promising. The team has clearly played above their talent level this season, and they've been fun to watch.... for the most part.

I've liked what I've seen but only 13 first downs tonight...thank goodness they hit those big throws.

Reactions: uvavol

VN Store

Back