Well what about this?? (Fulmer on bowl game)

The SEC made it clear that schools that declined bowl invitations would have a financial penalty tacked to the revenue distribution next summer.
First of all thank you for your continued and valuable input over the years. I normally hang out in the recruiting forum but venture to this side from time to time. Especially during heady times such as these. My question. If and when a change is made do you believe Bryan Harsin would get serious consideration? I know he has past ties to Steve Caldwell.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I'm not surprised at all that Tennessee would keep Pruitt, don't agree with it, but not surprised. With Coach Pruitt being retained for the 2021 season, I think there's only 2 to 3 for certain wins on the schedule, three surefire losses - Bama, Gators, UGA, and the rest of the schedule are 50/50 games in my opinion.. Based on a 12 game schedule, most likely looking at a best case scenario of 6-6.. If that happens, Pruitt should definitely be fired after the 2021 season is over.

First of all thank you for your continued and valuable input over the years. I normally hang out in the recruiting forum but venture to this side from time to time. Especially during heady times such as these. My question. If and when a change is made do you believe Bryan Harsin would get serious consideration? I know he has past ties to Steve Caldwell.

I'd make the call, but I think he's a west coast guy. His time at Arkansas State was awkward culturally. Similar to Justin Wilcox as our DC. Good coach, not a fit for the southeast.

Pruitt coming back doesn't matter. The NCAA is going to do us in. In four or five years we can get back to where we are now. Only stunning thing is, that we paid players to produce a 3-7 record.
You have no idea, I highly doubt it will be anything major come out of it. From all I have heard this isn't going to be much. Let it play out, without acting like you know what is going happen. GBO!

Reactions: Raebo
What are the chances IF Pruitt is let go Fulmer pulls a Barry Alvarez and coaches the bowl game?

You have no idea, I highly doubt it will be anything major come out of it. From all I have heard this isn't going to be much. Let it play out, without acting like you know what is going happen. GBO!

It sounds like you know more than me, please tell us what you know. You highly doubt? cause I don't.

Unless the investigation reveals significantly more than it appears it will, Pruitt will be back for a make-or-break 4th season.

DP, I also read your follow on post, and while I always value your posts, I do think you underestimate the wave of indifference sweeping through Tennessee fans. Some may be COVID related in that people did discover Saturdays can be fun football free, but even more of it is, IMHO, fans that are just tired of supporting a program that just doesn’t seem to give a damn about its product any longer.

You may be right, and 102400 may pack the stadium no matter what crap Slingblade and Phlegmatic Phil trot out there. But I doubt it.

Personally, if Skoalcan is back butchering both a game plan and the English language, I’m out. And I will stay out until Tennessee shows me it’s serious about football.

Reactions: tnvols72
I'd make the call, but I think he's a west coast guy. His time at Arkansas State was awkward culturally. Similar to Justin Wilcox as our DC. Good coach, not a fit for the southeast.
He is being mentioned for the Arizona job. I agree. There's just some people that I don't see being a cultural fit for our program. Kind of like Sitaki from BYU. Good coach, but not sure how a Tongan would fit in at East Tennessee.

The SEC made it clear that schools that declined bowl invitations would have a financial penalty tacked to the revenue distribution next summer.
What if UT has an insufficient roster available for the bowl game like Vandy did recently. Would a financial penalty still be in effect?

It’s going to be like Dooley’s last year, with half empty stadiums. Do you think people are going to keep buying season tickets if they aren’t even going to games?

I wouldn't read too much into Fulmer's statement. It's worth noting that he could have used clearer and stronger language regarding whether Pruitt would be retained, and that he did not issue a statement directly contradicting the latest rumors that Pruitt would be fired.

Fulmer has had COVID and let him rest up and recover his strength. Jeremy is home for his grandfather's funeral.
They make a good team and have built a solid foundation moving forward.

It is a pandemic season and everyone is eligible again next season - minus JG - which is addition by subtraction.

I am guaranteeing 8 wins for the Vols in 2021 and one of them will be over Georgia or Florida. Georgia having to play at Neyland later in the year is bad news for them. Pruitt will be in contention for SEC Coach of the Year in 2021 as will new Auburn coach Billy Napier.

I could see Pruitt at least being the bowl coach. What happens after that who knows

I fear he will still be here next year

It’s going to be like Dooley’s last year, with half empty stadiums. Do you think people are going to keep buying season tickets if they aren’t even going to games?
Are you serious? That stadium is going to be packed. They open the doors at it will be packed.

He will win, Fulmer says good job another extension...and we are on right track.....

Plz Nooooooo

Unless the investigation reveals significantly more than it appears it will, Pruitt will be back for a make-or-break 4th season.
glad you weighed in on this. you're one of a small handful that most of us take seriously. i think you're correct, although i think it's going to cost us more to fire him next year once we factor in the cost of new assistants and only shaving one year off Pruitt's buyout. it's gonna be ugly a year from now if the SEC record is the same but they're trying to argue improvement based on the out of conference games.

Even if he’s wrong (which he isn’t), he’s simply giving another side. If it’s ok for the trolls to lie about insider info, it should be ok for os13 to counter that with something.
"Should be ok"...lol, to fight fire with fire, I suppose.
nice-dive-old-man.gif

VN Store

Back