Well what about this?? (Fulmer on bowl game)

Unless the investigation reveals significantly more than it appears it will, Pruitt will be back for a make-or-break 4th season.

DP, thank you for what you bring to this board. You've been a very sensible, truthful source of information for the 10+ years I've been on here. I wish you were bringing different info, but I trust that you're bringing us what you know, which is typically extremely reliable. Please, keep posting.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Unless the investigation reveals significantly more than it appears it will, Pruitt will be back for a make-or-break 4th season.
It will not be make are break. We will win 5-6 games next year by adding the OOC patsies and Fulmer will proclaim we are back with that sh!t eating grin.

Basilio has a different perspective. Fulmer wants to keep him. Admin does not and is using investigation to mitigate buyout. Donors are largely out too but no one has yet ponied up for buyout which could change. It’s a crap show for sure.

Keeping Pruitt would be a horrible and costly mistake. I think the administration is severely underestimating how fed up this fan base has become. I hear of more and more Vol fans that aren't even pissed off. They just don't give a $hit anymore. That's a problem.

Professionally or with Vols? Quite a few big ones professional and several with Vols (Vegas odds shifting when they made the final push for Gruden that obviously failed being one).

The words “Vols”, “Vegas”, “Gruden”, “Pruitt”, or anything else you decide to post on VN should never be typed from your prepaid phone in your parents basement - ever ever ever again! I’m sick of you!

I have been on the fence lately about Pruitt. I believe he is a talented coach and he understands ball better than many. However, he has to figure out how to fix the offense and stop mismanaging our QBs. You have to score 30-40+ to win in college football now, so we need to find out how to get there, whether it’s a scheme change or finally settling on a QB.

Reactions: LittleVol

This is how Fulmer handles coaches, except for Johnny Majors, he is loyal to a fault (Randy Sanders) and if Pruitt was to be fired they would have to fire Fulmer as well.

Just shows that the Andersons and Fulmer are still in control, in our ongoing, never-ending, chapters...

Game of Thrones

Game-of-thrones-drink.gif

Last edited:
Like you guys, I speak for every single Tennessee fan alive. Like you guys, I know exactly what need to happen to revive the program and fill the stadium every Saturday. Like you guys, I plan on being straightforward and loud when they ask what my problem is because the minimum wage paid phone banker is a great proxy for making myself feel better when I can't talk to anyone that matters.

But those idiots should already know the answer. And if they don't, fire them all. From the phone banker to the President to the boosters to the Governor:

The bathrooms need Charmin. And it's time they pony up for it.

200.gif

Keeping Pruitt would be a horrible and costly mistake. I think the administration is severely underestimating how fed up this fan base has become. I hear of more and more Vol fans that aren't even pissed off. They just don't give a $hit anymore. That's a problem.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But outside the echo chamber of social media and talk radio, I don't know that it's as overwhelming as you think. I don't live in Knoxville anymore, but the people I still talk to outside the department are very much split on him because of the success he had his first two years. Remember, UT already has the money in hand for about 32,000 season tickets for next year from ticketholders that rolled over the money they paid this year. A lot of more casual fans gave him a pass for this year because they didn't consider it a "real" season. I'm certainly NOT in that camp, what happened on the field still happened, but I know a lot of people that are.

I know this, people at UT and other schools, even successful schools are very concerned about fans that discovered they didn't miss the hassle of attending games in person this year and will opt to watch from home in future years. You can (correctly) say that on-field performance has something to do with that, but I can tell you that my friend that is an associate AD at Alabama is even more concerned about that factor than my friend at South Carolina is. Will winning help? Always.

But remember 2012. Tennessee had arguably the worst and most tense offseason in program history after the Kentucky loss in 2011. But they started off 2-0 and Neyland was packed for Florida in week 3. If Tennessee is 2-0 after Pitt leaves town in week two next fall, the hype train will be rolling again before the Vols go to Gainesville. What they do from there either mimics 2012 or 2006.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back