Well what about this?? (Fulmer on bowl game)

Weird 2021 schedule though with only 3 dates confirmed at this point. 8 home and 4 road games

Last edited:
I’m sure you’ve all seen/read this by now from PF,

“I’m thrilled about our football program’s opportunity to compete in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl against a great opponent like West Virginia,” Fulmer said. “First, it’s an opportunity to connect with our many fans throughout West Tennessee and expand upon the rich historical links between the Memphis area and UT. We have so much Tennessee family in and around Memphis—especially our medical school and fantastic alumni. And secondly, it’s a tremendous development opportunity for our team and should serve as a primer to spring practice for Coach Pruitt and our returners.
“We all know Memphis loves the Tennessee Vols, and it’s an important stronghold for all of our athletic and academic programs.”

-He’s not thrilled and neither is anyone else!
-West Virginia is not a “great” opponent and he/everyone else knows that
-virtually no one cares about the medical school right now, this is about the football program And he knows that!
-I’m not so sure Memphis loves the Tennessee Vols as he thinks.

What about it? What else were they going to say?
Agree. Eating crow is not PF's MO. It would make him look like a fool for hiring JP in the first place and that's not going to happen unless these violations come to fruit.

I think what was true about the Gruden rumors was that he WAS calling around meeting w coaches etc...and it was actually good detective work to find out about that. The problem was he was doing it to form his staff with Raiders...not Vols....and Gruden helped fuel the Vols stuff by singing Rocky Top on a radio/tv show. He knew what he was doing. I don't entirely blame MIT Beaver et al for the Gruden speculation...and others being fooled.

Coach Pruitt and AD Fulmer are not getting fired.

The bowl game is a great opportunity for the team and coaches. They always are.

I hope they make the most of it and win … because they will be around next year and they need to be much improved.

The guy has been bad every year he's been here. Now he's going into the dreaded lame duck staff overhaul (which always works out!) All while having zero to sell recruits on as the greatest in-state class in years go elsewhere and we end up with a 2017 type of class...then transfers...then we all go "welp the new coach needs 5 years because Pruitt left the cupboards bare!"

NO it will be because we fired him a year too late.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Does Fulmer really want to risk hurting his legacy here if he keeps Pruitt?

Josh, you are gonna have to come to the realization that I came to years ago. Fulmer is a conceited moron. He thinks he is the smartest man in the room, but he is not. He has the reverse King Midas touch. He can touch gold, and turn it to lead. The only thing he is great at is to convince morons he still understands greatness. He has conned you. Deal with it.

Seriously, what was the point of Fulmer extending Pruitt's contract? Did someone convince him that other programs were clamoring to steal Pruitt from Tennessee? (lol) Or, did someone convince Fulmer that extending Pruitt's contract would somehow positively affect recruiting? I. Just. Don't. Understand.

VN Store

Back