Well if Butch Ever Leaves We Will Know Why.

It's not really a big deal honestly. I just think it's silly he even wastes his breath trying to get on the media.

He's not. He is using the media and the opportunity to talk to THE people critical to our program's growth. Media "issues" simply gave him the microphone.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll help him pack. He beat a bad Florida team and acts like he's won a natti. In just four short years he's turned us into a powerhouse that should be ranked somewhere between #20 and #30 in the country. Great job coach you've managed to turn a team that for the last two years has been as talented as anyone in the country into a middle of the road team that is capable of beating other mediocre teams or losing to anyone. You're making millions a year and doing a subpar job so shut up about the media you deserve every bit of the criticism you've gotten. If you don't like it leave. The next coach will have us in playoff w current roster and u will be exposed for the clown u are

You are trying to hard.:Bbiteme:

Reactions: 3 people
Funny when he was trying to tell you guys what we had in previous pressers you didn't want to listen and called him all kinds of bs for not being more expressive.

"coach speak" remember?

Exactly this! He can't please some folks regardless of what he does. With that said, he should completely ignore what the media and the folks on this forum have to say.

I'll help him pack. He beat a bad Florida team and acts like he's won a natti. In just four short years he's turned us into a powerhouse that should be ranked somewhere between #20 and #30 in the country. Great job coach you've managed to turn a team that for the last two years has been as talented as anyone in the country into a middle of the road team that is capable of beating other mediocre teams or losing to anyone. You're making millions a year and doing a subpar job so shut up about the media you deserve every bit of the criticism you've gotten. If you don't like it leave. The next coach will have us in playoff w current roster and u will be exposed for the clown u are

Seriously? How do you think we built the current roster? Go back to bed; your mom will wake you when its time to go to mamaw's for dinner.

This is comical but expected. Before the game you all pegged Florida as the best defensive team in the land. But when Tennessee completely dominates that defense in the second half - Florida is now a bad team.

Are you really a fan of Tennessee?

Reactions: 2 people
Or is he referring more to how the media is treating the players? I doubt Butch really thought the media would always be his best friend. Either way, I think we are making more of it than warranted. Media is not credible in any form.

So you're that guy........

Reactions: 4 people

You know, I have the ability to get negative when things go bad. But this, this is a whole other level of Negavol. I'm not sure whether to be mad or impressed.

I know we all complain about coaching, and sometimes for good reason. But by god Butch and staff can coach. Our defense that second half was on fire. And that was with our senior NFL LB, our NFL MLB, and our lock down NFL corner out with inury. It was an impressive display. That's coaching.

You know, I have the ability to get negative when things go bad. But this, this is a whole other level of Negavol. I'm not sure whether to be mad or impressed.

I've seen some doubling down but this guy is taking it to new heights.

I will say, as long as we win he can say whatever he wants though. Lol

Are you serious? That may be the stupidest post I have ever seen.
I would love to see your resume. You are either:
A. The dumbest person on the planet.
B. An idiot.
C. A TN hating troll.
D. Have a football IQ of ZERO
E. A boy that's always lived within a one mile radius of home.
F. All out of much needed medication
G. Two or more of the above.

Reactions: 7 people
Jones got self-righteous after the game. Before the game, there was of course talk about the losing streak, about the pressure and need to win this game--and he somehow felt that the talk and the questions were negative. He didn't like it, which only shows how naive he is and also how he is now trying to control the media. The media doesn't try to "stir things up": they cover games, they write stories. The losing streak WAS a story--THE story. If Jones doesn't like it, too freakin' bad: IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY.

The man is getting paid millions to run a big-time SEC football program, in a sports-crazy country. Every coach has to manage the media and fans, etc. So after the win, he wanted to scold the media for doubting his players or for something. These coaches in college towns like Knoxville and Tuscaloosa and elsewhere don't like negativity and so try to push the media around and intimidate reporters into being Polyannas. It's BS. Coach the team, Butch, and take a lighter approach to the media. Laugh a little.

This is the problem with Butch: the guy is wound pretty tight. I like him, he's doing good things for the program; he's got us on an upward trajectory again. But he's got to relax about the media. The media covering football teams are *****cats compared to the scene around NFL teams.

I love when buTch gets fired up and tells it like it is.

It's proof that he really cares.

buTch has worked his (_)_) off since the minute he took over our total dumpster fire.

He loves Tennessee footVol because now it's his baby.

The players are his kids and he loves them and wants the best for every single 1 of them.

He's very passionate and really does care and not just for the $$$$$.

He's built our footVol program from the bottom up and done it by recruiting good players that are also good people and students that also care and are passionate about Winning.

Several schools went after coach Shoop and offered him loads of $$$ but he stayed put until he met buTch and saw a HC that really cares and is building a program the right ways.

I saw Shoop on tv yesterday and he was just as fired up as buTch was which told me he's passionate, loves to WIN and also cares about our players.

At halftime buTch, DeBord and Shoop make excellent adjustments, got our players fired up and to again BELIEVE in themselves and totally Dominate in the 2nd half for a awesome comeback WIN.

1st half our players didn't execute, dropped passes, didn't block well and weren't solid on the D and shot themselves in the foot.

2nd half they played Tennessee football and Dominated like they were coached to play.

The never quit or gave up and got the WIN and their mindset and great play is all because of good coaching and good team Leadership.

We still have lots to work on to get better and to play 60 minutes like we played the 2nd half but if we play all 60 minutes like we played the 2nd half I believe we can WIN against any team in the country.

WIN by WIN we'll earn our respect and climb the rankings...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 6 people
Just because the Tennessee Volunteers home is in Knoxville, does not mean their biggest fans even live there. It’s like the capital for the state of Tennessee is Nashville, and located therein. The capital represents everyone in Tennessee as do the Volunteers. So back off loco media.

:loco: Where's the dislike button?

Proof that some people shouldn't be sports fans.

Good lord. Shut the hell up with that stuff. Butch make millions a year and has had his contract extended every year even though we've lost to almost every rival every year. He's been a great recruiter and program ambassador. But this far a very average coach. Any criticism is fair. His recruits came through yesterday. Not his gameplaning

Debord & Shoop earned their keep ( and by default, this goes to Butch, the head coach). Debord was masterful putting FL in coverage deficits with motion and alignments(even in first half there were so many good down/distance calls that ended as drops), while Shoop just shut them down after the half.
This reminds me more and more of '98, simply in the sense of people *****ing & moaning, win after win ( it is never enough for the miserable ).
Go Vols ! See you in Athens

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
It usually doesn't end well for college football coaches that take on the media, not sure it will be any different for Butch Jones

The loco local media. He sure called them out. Second or third sentence of post game press conference. That small market local mentality media ruining the program. What the heck you guys saying?

Tennessee will be okay if he leaves. He earned his praise yesterday, but let's stop acting like he's been unfairly treated.

In a year with the moto "Own it" please stop with the media hurt my feeling boohoo bs. He got a great win after laying several eggs "Own it" and stop crying about the media. When he wins like the red teams coach then he can act like the red teams coach.

VN Store

Back