We will kill Florida.

I agree. I think it will be a tough game, but i also think tonight’s game and the Kentucky game started to reveal the cracks that were present last season. We just need to be sharp and ready to play the moment we step on the field next week.

I can agree with that. We're the more talented team, and playing at Neyland should give us a 3-7 point advantage. The cracks are there for them. We don't need to play a perfect game, we just need to make fewer mistakes than them.

If Texas A&M wins, then Miami, BYU, Michigan State will have lost, meaning #11,#12,#13 all lost. We are currently #15. Utah is #14. Could in theory move up to #12.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I can agree with that. We're the more talented team, and playing at Neyland should give us a 3-7 point advantage. The cracks are there for them. We don't need to play a perfect game, we just need to make fewer mistakes than them.

Yeah, 118 yards in penalties won’t cut it next week. We need to jump out to an early lead and keep our foot on the gas. Past history has shown us no lead is safe.

I can agree with that. We're the more talented team, and playing at Neyland should give us a 3-7 point advantage. The cracks aren't here for them. We don't need to play a perfect game, we just need to make fewer mistakes than them.
This is where I feel like we sincerely have the advantage. There's no doubt we always get their best game, but I believe the pressure is on them, not us. That sounds odd, but our offense is good, and defense is much better, and improving. They're "Florida", they're supposed to beat us, but they're not as good as everyone thought they'd be, and they know we're playing good. I believe us being good, and then not being what everyone thought, is going to be in their heads, and they're not good enough to handle it.

Yeah, 118 yards in penalties won’t cut it next week. We need to jump out to an early lead and keep our foot on the gas. Past history has shown us no lead is safe.
That's correct, but I wasn't sure about the two OPIs called against Bru tonight (he might have gotten away with one, though, that wasn't called)...and the PF against Baron or Beasley, not sure how he could have stopped

Reactions: posivol
I fully admit to level 10 BVS when it comes to Florida.
On paper we should be able to take them out back and slaughter them behind the woodshed.
But having my optimism dashed so often means i just can’t feel comfortable predicting a UT victory until the clock reads 00:00

Nope, he’s gone full Steve Sax yip mode (young crowd will have to Google that).

And he’s got a bum ankle which is why he suddenly looks like me trying to run the ball.

Florida’s only hope is to feed Montrell Johnson and Trevor Etienne and literally run the ball 60-70 percent of the time. The only strength of the team right now are those two RB’s and a solid O-line. And doing that will only allow them to keep it somewhat close. Otherwise, this is a boat race.

If UF rushes for 200+ yards, I’d say TN 31-20.

If Florida rushes for 100 or less, I’d say TN 45-14.

So, we may see the backup and the start of his own Heisman campaign next week?

South Florida's QB is bad but they still managed to have 2 backs rack up over 100 yards. THATS the key takeaway. Pound the rock.
Pound it with who? We have no bruising backs and the one with the most explosive skill set got injured tonight.

That's correct, but I wasn't sure about the two OPIs called against Bru tonight (he might have gotten away with one, though, that wasn't called)...and the PF against Baron or Beasley, not sure how he could have stopped

Agreed. It also seems Akron was really trying to tee people off.

Reactions: GordonC
All signs point to a somewhat easy victory honestly. But it is UF. We play like **** vs them every year for some reason.

Reactions: oz615

VN Store

Back