We will kill Florida.

Florida has brought garbage teams to Knoxville and still came out with a win.
We had garbage coaches, too. Before someone says anything, the Spurrier and Meyer teams were only garbage OFF the field.

Florida may have been looking past USF. Hope they bring an appetite for humble pie. I feel the pendulum has swung back to the good guys.

Reactions: 08Vol
Tennessee gives Florida very tough competition historically in basketball and in baseball since Vitello took over.

When it comes to football, Florida has a mental edge over Tennessee.

It will be a barn burner next Saturday afternoon.

15 will go heisman mode and you know it.

Nope, he’s gone full Steve Sax yip mode (young crowd will have to Google that).

And he’s got a bum ankle which is why he suddenly looks like me trying to run the ball.

Florida’s only hope is to feed Montrell Johnson and Trevor Etienne and literally run the ball 60-70 percent of the time. The only strength of the team right now are those two RB’s and a solid O-line. And doing that will only allow them to keep it somewhat close. Otherwise, this is a boat race.

If UF rushes for 200+ yards, I’d say TN 31-20.

If Florida rushes for 100 or less, I’d say TN 45-14.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Florida has a new head coach, but essentially the same locker room of players that gave up last year.

But before they gave up, they beat us 38-14. That was the point I was making. A loss tonight and their spirits are lower than any game we would have played against them in recent memory. They didn’t quit though. They found a way to win and will likely roll into TN in the top 15, and having won 16 of the last 17 against us. There's no way they will play as poorly against us as they did tonight.

Reactions: Remy and 08Vol
Tennessee gives Florida very tough competition historically in basketball and in baseball since Vitello took over.

When it comes to football, Florida has a mental edge over Tennessee.

It will be a barn burner next Saturday afternoon.

And women’s soccer. We beat them last night 2-1 for our 6th straight win over them.

Nope, he’s gone full Steve Sax yip mode (young crowd will have to Google that).

And he’s got a bum ankle which is why he suddenly looks like me trying to run the ball.

Florida’s only hope is to feed Montrell Johnson and Trevor Etienne and literally run the ball 60-70 percent of the time. The only strength of the team right now are those two RB’s and a solid O-line. And doing that will only allow them to keep it somewhat close. Otherwise, this is a boat race.

If UF rushes for 200+ yards, I’d say TN 31-20.

If Florida rushes for 100 or less, I’d say TN 45-14.
lol ok

But before they gave up, they beat us 38-14. That was the point I was making. A loss tonight and their spirits are lower than any game we would have played against them in recent memory. They didn’t quit though. They found a way to win and will likely roll into TN in the top 15, and having won 16 of the last 17 against us. There's no way they will play as poorly against us as they did tonight.

I agree. I think it will be a tough game, but i also think tonight’s game and the Kentucky game started to reveal the cracks that were present last season. We just need to be sharp and ready to play the moment we step on the field next week.

I think we have to approach this game with humility, grit, and healthy respect for our opponent. This is still Florida and we were pretty unimpressive last week on offense against Pitt. It will take all we’ve got to beat Florida in this rivalry game. It always does.

VN Store

Back