We need to stop

Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!

It's not that we lost so much as who we lost to and how it happened.

UK has beaten us 3 times in my lifetime and the first one I was too young to remember. The other 2 times were 2 of Tennessee's worst teams ever; the first was still kind of a fluke and the second we still barely lost and it was the only 8 loss team in program history. UK's best team since 1977 still lost to us. And it was a blowout.

It's not that we lost so much as who we lost to and how it happened.

UK has beaten us 3 times in my lifetime and the first one I was too young to remember. The other 2 times were 2 of Tennessee's worst teams ever; the first was still kind of a fluke and the second we still barely lost and it was the only 8 loss team in program history. UK's best team since 1977 still lost to us. And it was a blowout.
Trust me I know I've been a fan a loooong time and agree it was embarrassing.

Reactions: BigO95 and lifeVol
Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!

Enough is enough! How much longer do we have to endure the inferior product that the coaches and the administration are parading onto the field every week. No coach in their right mind would look at that offense and think we are legit and have a snowballs chance of beating anybody in the top 25. I think we need to stop pretending like things are getting better because they most certainly are not. This is not about today, or even last week, this is about all of us loyal fans who bleed orange that have been cheering blindly for this team since before we can remember. If anybody thinks we are improving, they are delusional.

It's one thing to lose a game. It's another to roll over and QUIT while being curbstomped by Kentucky.

Pruitt has coached 29 games. In more than 10% of them, his team has rolled over and QUIT against a much less talented team.

What’s frustrating too me is not the loss but the manner in which we lost both games. We have a qb that has demonstrated ad nauseum he does not possess the tools to win at a level we demand. I can not stand to see all these personal fouls on the coaching staff and players. I expected Pruitt to have growing pains as a HC. But we’re mid way thru year 3 and I do not see a improvement in game preparations and in game adjustments I would expect. Also I realize this year is completely out of the norm but guess what everyone else is in the same boat. We have had to re-arrange our schedule 2 times this year for high school and play one week on Monday and then another opponent Friday. It is going to be awe fully hard to recruit at a high level if this does not turn around quickly. At least the deer are starting to rut in SC!!!!!

b20_utbama.jpeg

This was an event that hasn't happened in 35 years. This was a blowout at a level that hasn't happened in more than twice that time frame to this team. It unfolded in a predictable fashion with Guaranturnover melting down while the head coach twiddled his thumbs. It was the second historically bad loss in 13 months from this coaching staff. We need to stop all right, stop acting like we don't smell the rot and start acknowledging the stench.

Hopefully the 100k fine we got because he can't understand mask requirements comes off his eventual buyout.

Just from a football perspective, Schiano is a better HC than Pruitt. Wolken was right - we ended up with an inferior HC after Schiano Sunday

I didn’t want either one of them, but like the rest of the orange blooded sheep I cheered on my team and whatever coach the administration marched out there.

Reactions: Kinglberry
I didn’t want either one of them, but like the rest of the orange blooded sheep I cheered on my team and whatever coach the administration marched out there.

You can still cheer on your team and still hold the coach and administration accountable. I've been vocal about some of the perceived shortcomings with Pruitt as a HC. The fact that I'm saying the same things now as I was Y1G1 is concerning. I want him to be successful but I'm also going to bury my head in the sand and say everything is peachy either. It's one thing to have a team not prepared or have certain positions underdebeloped/poorly coached. It's entirely something else when the players you largely recruited flat out quit on you.

You can still cheer on your team and still hold the coach and administration accountable. I've been vocal about some of the perceived shortcomings with Pruitt as a HC. The fact that I'm saying the same things now as I was Y1G1 is concerning. I want him to be successful but I'm also going to bury my head in the sand and say everything is peachy either. It's one thing to have a team not prepared or have certain positions underdebeloped/poorly coached. It's entirely something else when the players you largely recruited flat out quit on you.

Agreed! Went to a Georgia watch party tonight (don’t judge me, I live in Georgia), and I was damn proud to wear my Tennessee orange. I do not agree with the direction our program is going, but I will NEVER stop supporting my team.

To me, us (my wife/family), it’s the cumulative effect of ugly embarrassing loses and periods of inept play and questionable coaching. It’s fine to come off a tough loss, bad loss or whatever and lose again but when you add up the most recent disappointments they take their toll. Patience wears thin when these unexpected and precedent setting loses like this or losing to crap teams like GA State are in the mix of recent memory. As the day has turned into morning the anger in my house just gets uglier. Wifey is about to throw in the towel for more donations and that sucks.

I'm worried JG playing timid will rub off on our other QB's, which seemed to maybe happen to Shrout this game. Coaches need to find a way to get them confident so we can at least get to 6-6 this year. HB starting against Bama may not be a good idea but maybe he can come in and surprise them with some throws to get us in scoring position. The only excitement of the Bama game might be getting to see HB getting some play time again.

Reactions: DixieVol

VN Store

Back