We need to stop

Pruitt wants to let the offense run itself which is fine but you better have some one that can run it and have it prepared. That obviously is not Chaney nor the offensive staff and that includes Tee. He needs to clean house on that side. It would probably help if the OC chose his assistants too as Pruitt has no clue on offense.

Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!
It’s not these to losses. it a combination of losses from numerous teams. year three and we are still not producing the wins.
We lost to GSU and BYU at home last year!!!!
Kentucky at home this year!!!!
If you don’t se a problem then you are part of the problem.

Reactions: igotworms
Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!
This is a dumb post. I heard similar claims made that UGA is a national championship team, yet they got blown out by bama. Kentucky was the more physical and better coached team and they won.

No, I'm not that smart to be making deep points. Just an observation that we had a chance to go the route of not having a coach learn on the job.

At some point, "learning on the job" turns into "not able to cut it at this level". Just think there's still debate on where we are on that scale.
There's no debate from where I'm sitting and why debate it at this point anyway.

Had you rather have Schiano right now instead of Pruitt?

I'll give you my answer. No.

You bring in a guy off the bench and you don't have a simple pass play for his first throw, instead you call some deep outs,
The offense was struggling and trying a different QB. We commit a dumb person foul that has us way behind the sticks and you call a deep ball route with a QB that hasn't played this year? Cmon Chaney, your smarter than this! Throw to a screen or a RPO slant, give the new QB a chance to get into the feel of the game. It was after this point in the game that the team just quit.

Reactions: lifeVol
The offense was struggling and trying a different QB. We commit a dumb person foul that has us way behind the sticks and you call a deep ball route with a QB that hasn't played this year? Cmon Chaney, your smarter than this! Throw to a screen or a RPO slant, give the new QB a chance to get into the feel of the game. It was after this point in the game that the team just quit.

If I remember the replay I thought it showed two receivers within 5 yards of each other on that throw plus the receiver did not come back and fight for the ball. So you either have bad play design or bad route running. In either case it still falls to the offensive staff.

Looking at schedule Vandy is probably only sure fire win left. And that’s a maybe, at this point. If they go 3-7 it will be aBout right for this team playing level

I believe that TN had a serious hangover from last week. Not taking anything away from UK. But, your team is much better than they played today.
Thanks, I believe you're right. But we're at a pivotal point and it could turn out we've got enough athletes at some positions to be pretty good, but we've lost our edge.

There's no debate from where I'm sitting and why debate it at this point anyway.

Had you rather have Schiano right now instead of Pruitt?

I'll give you my answer. No.

The problem with Schiano wasnt the PSU stuff but it was the fact that he was cheap and the preferred choice. The administration did a horrible job of managing expectations/PR with that hire and any coach not named Gruden or Mullen would have seen as a letdown. Schiano would have been doomed from the start here unless he won big in 18 or 19. Based on the facts at that time, eventually hiring Pruitt was a better choice than keeping Schiano.

If Schiano was the 5th or 6th choice like Pruitt, the fanbase would have been more accepting of the hire. I know it's a hypothetical but Schiano as the 5th or 6th choice would have been more successful than Pruitt as the 5th or 6th choice. In the SEC, winning begets winning and Schiano as an experienced coach would have won earlier.

Reactions: MAD
The problem with Schiano wasnt the PSU stuff but it was the fact that he was cheap and the preferred choice. The administration did a horrible job of managing expectations/PR with that hire and any coach not named Gruden or Mullen would have seen as a letdown. Schiano would have been doomed from the start here unless he won big in 18 or 19. Based on the facts at that time, eventually hiring Pruitt was a better choice than keeping Schiano.

If Schiano was the 5th or 6th choice like Pruitt, the fanbase would have been more accepting of the hire. I know it's a hypothetical but Schiano as the 5th or 6th choice would have been more successful than Pruitt as the 5th or 6th choice. In the SEC, winning begets winning and Schiano as an experienced coach would have won earlier.
Lol, okay. If everyone is being honest the PSU "thing" was the problem for a lot of people.

So you'd rather have Schiano?

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
As far as these stupid personal fouls I could end that problem, if you make a obvious stupid personal foul you will be benched the rest of the game. They get you beat, we are no where near good enough to go out and make STUPID RETARDED personal foul penalties. Pruitt needs to tell them to play hard and mean but throwing punches and kicking in the groin will get you benched. We have to learn how to be disiplined and smart, not dumb and dumber. GBO!

Some of you need to stop lying to yourself. Quit trying to come up with ridiculous explanations to make you feel better.

We got boat raced by KY at home. It had nothing to do with UGa and everything to do with our coaches and players.

I think we’re seeing two different things.

I think we’re acting like a fan base who’s team just lost at home to Kentucky something they hadn’t seen in over 20 years.

I think we’re acting like a fan base who’s team just lost at home to Kentucky by 27 points....something that probably none of us had ever seen.

This is NOT every day stuff here.......it’s something unlike anything in our lifetime......it is what it is......NO excuses needed.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Give a little credit to Kentucky, they came to Knoxville ready to play.

Um no Kentucky sucked. They weren't really ready to play. They just faced a team that sucked worse. This is not like the Georgia game where UGA earned their victory handidly. We gave UK that win.

Reactions: Tnphil
I'm worried JG playing timid will rub off on our other QB's, which seemed to maybe happen to Shrout this game. Coaches need to find a way to get them confident so we can at least get to 6-6 this year. HB starting against Bama may not be a good idea but maybe he can come in and surprise them with some throws to get us in scoring position. The only excitement of the Bama game might be getting to see HB getting some play time again.

If thats the case then we dont have a competent QB on this roster that deserves playing time.

Enough is enough! How much longer do we have to endure the inferior product that the coaches and the administration are parading onto the field every week. No coach in their right mind would look at that offense and think we are legit and have a snowballs chance of beating anybody in the top 25. I think we need to stop pretending like things are getting better because they most certainly are not. This is not about today, or even last week, this is about all of us loyal fans who bleed orange that have been cheering blindly for this team since before we can remember. If anybody thinks we are improving, they are delusional.
10 years of inferiority takes longer than 2 years to over come. Let the man do his job and build the program back to where it needs to be. Honestly his biggest flaw so far has been sticking with Guarantano and handi capping the offense. We have a good oline, and a good defense. With better qb play from someone not wearing #2, this team just might surprise you the rest of the season.

10 years of inferiority takes longer than 2 years to over come. Let the man do his job and build the program back to where it needs to be. Honestly his biggest flaw so far has been sticking with Guarantano and handi capping the offense. We have a good oline, and a good defense. With better qb play from someone not wearing #2, this team just might surprise you the rest of the season.

Exactly, but our coach is so hardheaded he will likely trot JG out there again next week. For goodness sake, we have been rebuilding for the better part of the last decade, eventually people will get enough of “rebuilding“. At this point “rebuilding” in an excuse for sucking.

Exactly, but our coach is so hardheaded he will likely trot JG out there again next week. For goodness sake, we have been rebuilding for the better part of the last decade, eventually people will get enough of “rebuilding“. At this point “rebuilding” in an excuse for sucking.
Rebuilding is what happens every time you change coaches, and it obviously takes longer than 3 years to rebuild in the sec.

It happens all the time and I think it may have a little to do with the fact we have Alabama next and we were looking ahead. The criticism is a little to much. What are people going to be saying when we beat a top 10 A&M team in 4 weeks. I just wish everyone will understand there’s going to be bumps in the road but the improvements are there so be patient.

Reactions: lifeVol

VN Store

Back