We need to stop

Ma
The offense was struggling and trying a different QB. We commit a dumb person foul that has us way behind the sticks and you call a deep ball route with a QB that hasn't played this year? Cmon Chaney, your smarter than this! Throw to a screen or a RPO slant, give the new QB a chance to get into the feel of the game. It was after this point in the game that the team just quit.
Maybe we should have thrown a slant...seem to work 100% of the time on us!

Reactions: fullmetalvol
Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!
Huh, what do you mean we should have won? We didn't just lose; KY curb-stomped us. We didn't even belong in the same field.

It's not that we lost so much as who we lost to and how it happened.

UK has beaten us 3 times in my lifetime and the first one I was too young to remember. The other 2 times were 2 of Tennessee's worst teams ever; the first was still kind of a fluke and the second we still barely lost and it was the only 8 loss team in program history. UK's best team since 1977 still lost to us. And it was a blowout.

Twice at the hands of JG if I’m not mistaken. Wasn’t he the answer in 2017? What’s that tell us?

Reactions: 4chrissy
Acting like we're the only team that has ever lost a game we should have won coming off a big loss the week before. Georgia beat us two weeks in a row!
No you are wrong!! We need to stop accepting sub-par performance from these slackers!! They need to wake up!!

The problem with Schiano wasnt the PSU stuff
You don't have a problem with that?
I read the post and see your point but you kinda lose credibility dismissing this.

Its a major problem

I bet (purely assumption) you and many others yelling FOR GS would have been one of the loudest speaking AGAINST an Art Briles/Hugh Freeze type hire, which BTW the I think is what will be what brings the team to a top tier type program.

You don't have a problem with that?
I read the post and see your point but you kinda lose credibility dismissing this.

Its a major problem

I bet (purely assumption) you and many others yelling FOR GS would have been one of the loudest speaking AGAINST an Art Briles/Hugh Freeze type hire, which BTW the I think is what will be what brings the team to a top tier type program.

If Urban Meyer wanted to coach here, would any of us have a problem with that?

The Schiano stuff was shaky at best. We latched onto that because we didnt want him as coach. I was guilty of that. I was likely the loudest anti GS person on here back in 17. I was pissed he was the first choice and I absolutely latched on to the PSU stuff as a reason not to hire. I thought it was absolutely stupid being lukewarm towards Mullen when UF was all in on Chip Kelly. We faked moral outrage as cover for the fact we didnt want him as coach (or at least, him being the first option).

If Urban Meyer or Hugh Freeze wanted to coach here, I'd absolutely be supportive of that hire although they arent good human beings.

Ky is not an acceptable loss at this point. Period
Not like that anyway. I felt like we had really turned the corner and were no longer that team that got beat by lesser talent, the Vandys, UKs, Mizzous of the world. If you occasionally lose a squeaker to one of them so be it, but I thought the beatdowns were past us.

Not like that anyway. I felt like we had really turned the corner and were no longer that team that got beat by lesser talent, the Vandys, UKs, Mizzous of the world. If you occasionally lose a squeaker to one of them so be it, but I thought the beatdowns were past us.
A squeaker loss to Ky, Vandy and Missouri is not ok. We've got to get out of this slump and start squeaking by Ga, Fla and Bama. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever get back to the glory days

A squeaker loss to Ky, Vandy and Missouri is not ok. We've got to get out of this slump and start squeaking by Ga, Fla and Bama. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever get back to the glory days
I agree. I meant, like, once a decade. That shizzle happens to everyone at some point.

Give a little credit to Kentucky, they came to Knoxville ready to play.
That is what a well coached team does. Our coach is paid a whole lot more than their coach and Kentucky has nothing that compares to the Anderson Training Center.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back