• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

We got hosed by Ref Joe Lindsay

50% free throw shooting, along with zero perimeter defense, and poor shot choice, both of which we saw all season, lost this game. One bad ref call would have mattered if we had shot even close to out season FT numbers.

50% free throw shooting, along with zero perimeter defense, and poor shot choice, both of which we saw all season, lost this game. One bad ref call would have mattered if we had shot even close to out season FT numbers.

FT shooting was the killer. Inexplicable.

Perimeter D was not bad. Dudes were just on fire.

Calm down. If the guys would have played hard for 40 minutes, we would have won. We didn’t put a full game together all season. Our seniors came out flat. Our star player fouled when he didn’t need to in the first and second half. Our point guard with elite speed didn’t use his advantage much(he got blocked on a few possessions, but he could have used his speed to wear them down). Our top free throw shooter missed five free throws. Our coach never attempted to adjust his defense, even after every team seemed to shoot over their season average from three. The refs weren’t great, but we didn’t put ourselves in a position to win that game.

It's funny that I don't see anything about the Gonzaga game. I only see "we didnt put a full game together all season". Where do I need to read closer?

Let me get to the real point. I get the disappointment, I'm upset over the loss, but the fans trying to tear everything this group of guys put together this season is crazy.

Reactions: BruceInLouisville
That's a major stretch!

Seems like every time we lose, its always the refs hosing us. Give it a rest guys. We got beat by the better team. We played too poorly for too long. We allowed Kline to go Steph Curry on us. If we would have played up to our potential, we could have won easily.

No it wasn’t. It could have gone either way, but when viewed from above, it sure looked like some of the ball was over the rim (albeit a very small part). Again, could have gone either way.

The ball was not off Edwards at the end of regulation, and that was a legit foul call on Turner.

Now, I feel like they let Edwards push off too much with an extended arm way too many times, but that didn’t cause us to lose.
Aren't you on the wrong web sight, you need to go on over to Purdue's, and you could not see any better than anyone else if the ball was off Edwards

It's funny that I don't see anything about the Gonzaga game. I only see "we didnt put a full game together all season". Where do I need to read closer?

Let me get to the real point. I get the disappointment, I'm upset over the loss, but the fans trying to tear everything this group of guys put together this season is crazy.
I’m not tearing the guys down, I’m just mentioning that there are more reasons for Tennessee losing than the refs. The guys have put us in a good position for the future. Also, below is my quote that includes Zaga.

I watched every game this season and the Tusculum exhibition. Every game you guys want to complain about the refs. It was mentioned early after the Davidson scrimmage that these guys didn’t put two good halfs together. Pretty much all season other than early in the season when we had a week between our games, we struggled to string two good half’s together.

Aren't you on the wrong web sight, you need to go on over to Purdue's, and you could not see any better than anyone else if the ball was off Edwards

I'll post it again. That ball is nowhere near the left leg, which is what the sideline camera deceptively showed it hit.

Attachments

• 0328192239.jpg
    0328192239.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Any moment outside of tonight's game is irrelevant to our perimeter D tonight.

I watched it. It was good.

It's relevant because we saw it from other teams for 6 months. Purdue landing 3s on us was nothing new, any team doing so wasn't out of the question.

This game it was just more costly because of out inability to make FTs.

Reactions: amorange
The guys played hard the whole game. They played a little tight in the first half like 2nd half Sunday but effort was there tonight. You don't know basketball my friend

They played bad in the first half not tight. Perdue was having its way. Yes they ended up playing much better but the fact is they did not play up to their potential. If they would have played good the whole game, we win. They didnt so we lost.

Or we make one of the 15 or so free throws we missed and none of those calls matter

It's relevant because we saw it from other teams for 6 months. Purdue landing 3s on us was nothing new, any team doing so wasn't out of the question.

This game it was just more costly because of out inability to make FTs.

You don't seem to follow logic. Tonight's D can be analyzed without looking at amy other game. They are not relevant.

I’m not tearing the guys down, I’m just mentioning that there are more reasons for Tennessee losing than the refs. The guys have put us in a good position for the future. Also, below is my quote that includes Zaga.

You quoting me as saying we lost because of the refs?

The refs made a call at the end I disagreed with, but we lost cause we shot poorly from the stripe and they had a guy that could have made every shot he put up blindfolded. That's why we lost.

They showed the freaking replay. It wasn’t anywhere close to being off Edwards.

And, my degree certificate very clearly says “UT” and was signed by Lamar Alexander. I’m a lifer.

But, I’m not delusional, either.

I didn’t know that, but those are bang-bang calls.

I personally don’t think there should be offensive basket interference. But that is an aside.

Should be reviewable because they are bang bang. Barnes is on the rules committee.

VN Store

Back