We gonna be good this year?

Schedule, recruiting class, S&C, and returning starters are real plusses.

DL experience, a few key injuries are minuses.

OL is the Wild Card.

I think if we are disciplined and have at least average luck, we win at least 8. My floor on this team is 6 wins. My ceiling is 10 wins counting bowl game.

Mizzou and Florida are hard teams to read right now. They could be really good or collapse. Mizzou does have an incredibly easy schedule with Arky and Ole Miss from the SECwest but they could just pack it in towards seasons end since they aren't bowling. Florida has team turmoil and OL issues. Perhaps overconfidence too.

Good? Depends on your definition. I think we'll be "better" this year. I'm looking at 7 wins as showing improvement and being headed in the right direction. Depth...as usual...is the concern. We need some luck on the injury front. If we get it, I think 7 is realistic.

Reactions: VolinMC
The only teams we would surprise would be UGA and Bama.
By the time we play them they won’t be surprised, they will expect a fight to the end. BYU is the only team we could surprise. That’s only if the beat Utah. If they lose to them, losing to us will be what they expect.

Much better? YES!
good? maybe.
Great? probably 2 years out from that yet.

I also have a bold prediction that the good guys are gonna punch Bama in the mouth this year and give them a scare and possibly pull an upset.. very bold prediction, but I honestly dreamt it last night and gonna hold tight to it, even if it embarrasses me. Not saying we will win the sec, just thinking that may be our one big upset this year.

I do sort of feel like FL, GA and Bama have had some relatively disruptive offseasons compared to us.

UGA with a lot of staff turn over. Promoted guys from within, always a risk. Guys getting arrested in the spring Etc.

FL with the domestic violence incidents, players leaving, not getting in, Mullen shutting down media access due to domestic violence questions, etc.

Bama with a lot of staff turnover. Losing Jalen Hurts. Etc.

Meanwhile, we added some good, experienced coaches at positions we needed, had a pretty good recruiting cycle, no major player discipline issues. We had a few guys leave or retire. But none of it seemed like scandal was behind it.

If I were putting money down, I’d say 7 wins. But just sitting around bullchittin, I could talk my way up to 8-9 wins with the right breaks and a little luck. 😅

VN Store

Back